Pete and his staff should go.

Gio

Reaction score
They should go. That was a heartless team. This man has no impact to this team and his football play style is so predictable. Changes should be made , otherwise Allen is fine with this situation.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Something I really hated from Pete's post game press conference was that he wanted Russell Wilson to sit in the 4th quarter, but Russ wouldn't let him.

This is the problem with Pete's touchy-feely style. He doesn't tell players what to do, he asks nicely. And if they say no, that's that. I think it explains a lot about our team this year... The sportsmanship, the penalties, maybe even says something about how we got all these injuries.

I wonder if the players see Pete as a doormat? And when he tells them to do something they nod to placate him, then just do what they want.

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3dxc9a3v said:
Yes, they will go to Dallas in less than a week.

I'm afraid you are right ! lol

OP
OP
Gio

Gio

Reaction score
minormillikin":3k76w5l2 said:
Something I really hated from Pete's post game press conference was that he wanted Russell Wilson to sit in the 4th quarter, but Russ wouldn't let him.

This is the problem with Pete's touchy-feely style. He doesn't tell players what to do, he asks nicely. And if they say no, that's that. I think it explains a lot about our team this year... The sportsmanship, the penalties, maybe even says something about how we got all these injuries.

I wonder if the players see Pete as a doormat? And when he tells them to do something they nod to placate him, then just do what they want.

Like i said this coach has no impact to his players at all !!! He has lost the control. I hope this season is over and Allen needs to do a rearrangement asap ! I know injuries have been killing us. I can see that. But you can't beat Philly that bad , go against Jags not playing at 100% and not even trying against Rams.. that pathetic. I hoped that win against Philly would give them a bigger boost to be more competitive against Jags and Rams.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Gio":249s5mh4 said:
They should go. That was a heartless team. This man has no impact to this team and his football play style is so predictable. Changes should be made , otherwise Allen is fine with this situation.

I understand being emotional. But this is ridiculous. We've had a hell of a run. Father time just finally caught up to us. We'll be a team to reckon with again next year. The Rams and Jags two teams that just beat us. have been utter garbage for the better part of a decade. Sure they're good now but it's been a long long process for them meanwhile we've been to the playoffs how many yrs in a row b4 this yr now?

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Listen.

I'm the biggest Homer anyone will meet. I am always one to defend my team until the bitter end. Even my signature says "In Carroll We Trust". Unfortunately it looks like the bitter end is coming. I didn't want to believe it but it looks like PC has lost this team. What this team needs is a hard nosed coach. Someone with experience. Someone respected. Who has won a SB.

Yes, I am saying it. We need Jon Gruden. This move can make sense on so many levels. Starting off with the fact that he LOVES Russell Wilson. He won't have to be in the huge spot light either like he would in NY. He's recently been quoted that he would only take the NYG job if Eli is still there.

I don't think Jon wants to start from scratch. Who really wants to rebuild a new franchise. I think this team has enough pieces to the puzzle that we can be successful. Jon has no ties to the players and that will make it easy for him to make the hard decisions needed to make when it comes to the roster next year. IMO the players that gotta go who are under contract next year are Bam Bam Cam, Jeremy Lane, Cliff Avril.

I don't think we need to resign Joeckle or Richardson either. Both have shown flashes but are extremely inconsistent. Jets got a steal in that trade I'm hind sight.

We need to go after offensive linemen in FA. I think bringing in Gruden who everyone has wanted to return to the NFL for several years will bring life back to this franchise and will again be a nice draw to several key free agents.

This is all a pipe dream obviously but we need, IMO, a hard nosed coach. The opposite of what we have right now.

Hey listen, I like Pete. If he stays then that's fine and I'll settle for a new OC but I think we need to start from the top down

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I don't think we need start running through a bunch of different coaching staffs...i mean, look at all the bad franchises out there...Cincy, SF, CLE. You think blowing up the coaching staff has helped those teams? Continual turnover doesn't beget success.

I think the team needs to get healthy and away from football in the long offseason and refocus.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
First of all, a coaches job isn't ever to "control" anybody, it's to coach and manage; a team. This isn't 70s style CCCP hockey coaching right? Second, why anyone would suggest a beer shilling beach receptionist as a replacement, I'll never know...

mrt144

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":is3espmh said:
Listen.

I'm the biggest Homer anyone will meet. I am always one to defend my team until the bitter end. Even my signature says "In Carroll We Trust". Unfortunately it looks like the bitter end is coming. I didn't want to believe it but it looks like PC has lost this team. What this team needs is a hard nosed coach. Someone with experience. Someone respected. Who has won a SB.

Yes, I am saying it. We need Jon Gruden. This move can make sense on so many levels. Starting off with the fact that he LOVES Russell Wilson. He won't have to be in the huge spot light either like he would in NY. He's recently been quoted that he would only take the NYG job if Eli is still there.

I don't think Jon wants to start from scratch. Who really wants to rebuild a new franchise. I think this team has enough pieces to the puzzle that we can be successful. Jon has no ties to the players and that will make it easy for him to make the hard decisions needed to make when it comes to the roster next year. IMO the players that gotta go who are under contract next year are Bam Bam Cam, Jeremy Lane, Cliff Avril.

I don't think we need to resign Joeckle or Richardson either. Both have shown flashes but are extremely inconsistent. Jets got a steal in that trade I'm hind sight.

We need to go after offensive linemen in FA. I think bringing in Gruden who everyone has wanted to return to the NFL for several years will bring life back to this franchise and will again be a nice draw to several key free agents.

This is all a pipe dream obviously but we need, IMO, a hard nosed coach. The opposite of what we have right now.

Hey listen, I like Pete. If he stays then that's fine and I'll settle for a new OC but I think we need to start from the top down

Get the hell out with Gruden. We don't need a celebrity coach to come in, find out the booth is way better and then leave us in the lurch 3-4 seasons from the point of hire when they aren't the football Svengali you imagined them to be. If he wasn't rammed down your throat by virtue of his current gig you'd be like "Oh, what his nuts, Jay's brother, John".

I've said this many times already but I want a young dude who gets the evolution of the college players and game and can integrate them better from snap 1.

timmat

Reaction score
Who knows if he's "lost the team" or not. However, I'd bet the players might buy back in a bit more if they witnessed the coaching staff being held accountable as well as the players. If Pete brought in new coordinators to put fresh eyes and new perspectives on this bunch, it could possibly win back some hearts and minds.

Next year I'd like to see Pete stay, but at the very least have a clearing of the offensive coaching staff. New OC, new Oline coach, etc. combined with clearing out a few select veterans, cutting Iffedi, and off-season spending on some more decent O line help ("draft and develop" ain't working with this position group) might allow us to re-energize the team without completely tearing the entire thing down.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Pete's actually one of the best at using young talent and he's very proven. I think calls for his head are short sighted.

However a ton of old guys and Bevel and Walsh all need to go

NJlargent

Reaction score
Not sure I understand why so many think Bevell and Cable should go but Carroll should stay. I see an undisciplined and generally unprepared team. We just played the biggest game of the season, with the division title on the line, and got blown out at home. We never even showed up. And we have seen many games where we sleepwalk through half the game.

That is on all the coaches, especially Carroll. He needs to go. Otherwise we will just continue to regress and I would prefer to pull the band-aid off now and start working towards being a contender again or at least try to.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I need to see how this team finishes out before calling for Carroll's head.

If I see two more uninspired, sloppy dysfunctional in all three phases games like I saw yesterday? Yep, Pete's lost this team, and it's time to make a change.

If I see him rally the players, and even if we don't make the playoffs see some inspired motivated football? Then I'm still behind Pete..............even if I still think he needs to make some coaching and philosophical scheme changes in the off season.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pete does seem to be a bit less 'into it' this year but I don't think he's ready to hang it up yet. I really think a shake up at the assistant coaching positions would do wonders for this group. Richard can yell at the players all he wants on the sidelines but blown plays have become more of a norm than usual. There certainly seems to be a resentment towards the coaches on that side of the ball, Earl has made a few comments about reporters needing to 'ask the coaches' on blown coverage's.

Would love to get a guy who takes control of the offense as well, mold an offense to take Russell to the next level. Not sure who that is but year 7-8 of Bevell/Cable is too long and there are plenty of young, creative minds out there to find someone who fits. Offense stinks for 2/3 of every game, unacceptable at this point.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Fans always use narratives to describe what happens.

When a team does well, the players are labeled as "hungry", the coaches are praised for "instilling a winning culture", and the OC is praised for "calling good plays".

When a team plays poorly, fans observe that players "don't look hungry" or are "unmotivated", that coaches have "lost the locker room", or that that the "playcalling sucked".

Come on. The 2017 Seahawks aren't different from the 2013 Seahawks because of any of those those things. The 2013 team had more talent. It had healthier players. They were just a better team. It's not rocket science. This isn't about "losing the locker room"; hell, when we won the Super Bowl in 2013, Harvin/Baldwin/Tate came to blows in the locker room during the week leading up to the SB. That same locker room went on to destroy the Broncos.

Winning comes first. Then the cliches roll in to describe why we're winning. Losing comes first. Then the cliches roll in to describe why we're losing. There is no reason to call for PC's head. These windows don't last forever. Maybe there is a reason to move on (with PC's age), but I think the demise is greatly exaggerated.

mrt144

Reaction score
NJlargent":n7kpnh94 said:
Not sure I understand why so many think Bevell and Cable should go but Carroll should stay. I see an undisciplined and generally unprepared team. We just played the biggest game of the season, with the division title on the line, and got blown out at home. We never even showed up. And we have seen many games where we sleepwalk through half the game.

That is on all the coaches, especially Carroll. He needs to go. Otherwise we will just continue to regress and I would prefer to pull the band-aid off now and start working towards being a contender again or at least try to.

The best hope is getting someone who can challenge him in productive ways while retaining the best of what he does.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Keep Pete just get some fresh coaches around him . He still can motivate just got to let go of the Baggage with the coaches

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's really fairly simple. Our identity of this team the last 6 years has been defense. A historically good defense.

The reason those guys were so good were they were young, underpaid, and not respected. They had a chip on their shoulder. Now these guys have gotten paid, are getting older, and don't have that nasty streak they once had.

Look at the Rams and Jags. Full of young, underpaid, and disrespected players. We just need to get back there.

The problem we're going to have is that we have a squad full of elite veterans, some still at the top of their game. We need to add young blood, but young blood that is able to infuse that side of the ball with a nasty attitude.

Chancellor is likely done. Avril looks done. We have some players potentially to replace Avril. We need to draft another Chancellor. Atlanta did it with Neal. It's not impossible. Sherman is up in the air. Achilles aren't what they used to be, and he could potentially come back strong. Griffin on the other side looks like a good find.

We've gone offense heavy the last couple of drafts because we've been sucking on that side of the ball. Our OL looks to be rounding into shape (last game notwithstanding...they handled the Eagles). We have a franchise QB. We have decent WR's. Simply drafting a decent TE and a good young RB and we'll be scoring 25 ppg. So it's time to go defense in the draft again.

I honestly think this year is done. Too many injuries to account for. That's not the coaching staff's fault. They could've done better in some adjustments, but honestly we're missing half of our starters on an elite defense.

I hope we miss the playoffs. I hope it lights a fire in this team for at least one more season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":rpxn6p9v said:
Pete does seem to be a bit less 'into it' this year but I don't think he's ready to hang it up yet. I really think a shake up at the assistant coaching positions would do wonders for this group. Richard can yell at the players all he wants on the sidelines but blown plays have become more of a norm than usual. There certainly seems to be a resentment towards the coaches on that side of the ball, Earl has made a few comments about reporters needing to 'ask the coaches' on blown coverage's.

Would love to get a guy who takes control of the offense as well, mold an offense to take Russell to the next level. Not sure who that is but year 7-8 of Bevell/Cable is too long and there are plenty of young, creative minds out there to find someone who fits. Offense stinks for 2/3 of every game, unacceptable at this point.

All true, but I don't think Pete has it in him to give up control. Just as Holmgren didn't, and left when Allen made him give up control.

Once coaches have 100% control, it's very rare that they ever give that up. Because they have massive ego's, and Pete at 67 isn't going to change now.