Percy Harvin????

capncrunch

Reaction score
RiverDog":3645vu5d said:
SeatownJay":3645vu5d said:
What happened to using his speed to take the top off the defense? I haven't seen one deep pass to him yet this year.

Harvin is not a vertical receiver, and I don't think they ever thought that he'd have the effect of taking the top off the coverage. His greatest asset is working the underneath coverage, lining up in different spots, keeping the defense guessing as to where he's going to pop up next. Although he didn't get a lot of touches, he did serve as a good decoy, and if you'll notice, a lot of those fly sweep fakes resulted in some pretty good positive yardage by Beast.

Like one poster said, we're not going to be able to use him in every game like we did against the Packers or in the SB against the Broncos. Teams can break up that fly sweep if they guess right like the Chargers did in the 4th quarter last Sunday, so it's important that we not go to the well too many times.

We finally got a chance to see Richardson yesterday, although he made a mistake by breaking off his route too early and leaving us a yard short. But if we can start working him into the lineup, then you'll see someone taking the top off the coverage.

Also, it was a warn day yesterday, and the kickoffs were carrying further than they will later in the season.

This is sensible. I think Bevell will use him in different ways over time. I think he will use him for deep balls, maybe surprising the hell out of the redskins. I knew every game wouldn't be like the Packers game. What a great day Lynch had against the Broncos. The play where he faked the hand off and then the pass right to PH with ML catching the pass off to the left for a big gain was extremely cool. Our offense has become far more interesting and dynamic. I can't wait to see what they do with PH next game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
kearly":3032t4is said:
Seattle was MONEY on the triple option jet sweep. They never actually handed it to Harvin, but every time they faked it to Harvin and then handed off to Lynch or had Wilson pass, it was a good result for Seattle every time.

Harvin had some nice plays at big spots in the game, including the final drive. The only thing that really frustrates me is how little of an impact he's had on KR. I'm at the point where I think they should put Baldwin on KR and move Harvin to PR.

Perhaps it's my imagination, but on every sweep by Harvin, there is a xtra defender stacked on the edge to prevent his Sweep. Which is ok, except, that when it's a fake to him and a hand off to Lynch who goes the same direction and runs into the stacked defense designed to stop Harvin.

Did anyone notice, or my imagination?