Penny

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I've been reserving judgment until he played a real game.

I just don't see whatever it is that the Seahawks see in him. I didn't see him break tackles and I didn't see much burst.

I know he's been out for a bit. Did anybody see anything from him in the first game that was encouraging? I really want to like the guy but I'm having a tough time with it.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Dontario Poe was there at 18 and they traded down. I new that was a mistake. I supported Penny when the pick was made but I would have taken Poe at 18. He was the best DT in the draft.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Cyrus12":b7x6lofc said:
Is it me or does he not look in shape??

I hope his weight gain isn't team-mandated because if so he's gonna be pretty useless at his current size

mistaowen

Reaction score
Didn’t they say he’s put on 15 pounds? Didn’t look very bursty today. Didn’t make anyone miss either. Not sure why he got comparable touches to Carson who did look good.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Looked terribly slow footed today. Not going to juke anybody like that.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Guy does the same thing he did in his pre draft highlight tape, he falls down early.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Penny looks like just another guy, like your average number 2 spell back. Didn't really have burst, looked to have mediocre speed, and was pretty easy to bring down. Underwhelming was the best way to describe his first game. I'll give him a "meh" outta 10. He wasn't outright bad though, so I guess that is a plus.

Rat

Reaction score
Still, our first round picks have been marginally better than our second round ones.