Penny trade bait?

kf3339

Reaction score
I believe he is odd man out in our rotation. If so, who may trade for him?

I'm thinking Jacksonville. They lost their 1st round RB for the year to injury and our former OC knows him well.

That may be a trade that works for all parties.

Who do you have for a trade option?

toffee

Reaction score
kf3339":34hxrob1 said:

I'm thinking Jacksonville. They lost their 1st round RB for the year to injury and our former OC knows him well.

A 4th or 5th round pick for Penny?

Own The West

Reaction score
Penny has no trade value, therefore is not bait.

Collins on the other hand may fetch a 6th after last night's performance.

OP
OP
K

kf3339

Reaction score
toffee":3lpykmdr said:
kf3339":3lpykmdr said:

A 4th or 5th round pick for Penny?

I'm thinking 5th if it's Jacksonville. A 4th with their probable draft position may be too rich for them.

OP
OP
K

kf3339

Reaction score
Own The West":28drxyim said:

Really? No trade value?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Shop him to the Ravens and Jags, but I can't see more than a conditional sixth.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3a2e8qxt said:
Shop him to the Ravens and Jags, but I can't see more than a conditional sixth.

Oh well, I was hoping for a 4th, but was willing to 'settle' for a 5th.

Not sure if I got it right, I see:

Carson, our starter, is more of a between the tackle straight ahead kinda guy. He hasn't played 16 continuous games,
Collins, is a poor men's Carson.
Homer, is known for his blocking, hasn't flash much in running.
Dallas, may be an excellent 3rd down change of pace type?

Penny, more of a Alexander type ? His skill sets are not duplicated by any of the above??

If Dallas and Penny could be trusted in blocking, I rather keep Carson and his mini-me, aka Collins. Then we have Penny and Dallas as our 3rd down and change of pace type. If all we do with Homer is blocking, the minute he is on the field, we are telling opposing defense that our QB will throw on the next play.

Rat

Reaction score
He has less trade value than Sony Michel, who went for a conditional fourth pretty much.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think you're misreading the tea leaves here, homie. If Penny was the one for sale, he'd have been the one getting all the touches last night, not Alex Collins.

OP
OP
K

kf3339

Reaction score
nanomoz":1a2jsatj said:
I think you're misreading the tea leaves here, homie. If Penny was the one for sale, he'd have been the one getting all the touches last night, not Alex Collins.

In normal times, yes. But these aren't normal times. Who knows what will happen right now.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Penny is basically CJ Procise.
He will suck up a roster spot this year over another deserving player, and he'll end up cashing that paycheck this season and go try to swindle another team next season

I'd rather our running backs be: Carson, Collins, Dallas, Johnson

Cut Homer and Penny
If someone wants to give us a late round pick for Penny, do it

LTH

Reaction score
Jerhawk":22io2yrl said:
Penny is basically CJ Procise.
He will suck up a roster spot this year over another deserving player, and he'll end up cashing that paycheck this season and go try to swindle another team next season

I'd rather our running backs be: Carson, Collins, Dallas, Johnson

Cut Homer and Penny
If someone wants to give us a late round pick for Penny, do it

I don't think Johnson will beat out Penny. its not a matter of talent IMO, i think he just doesn't have that i want to run the ball over your ass attitude. I really enjoy watching penny run but he has disappointed me... it will be interesting to see if he makes the team.. I think he will but unless he shows some stuff this year he is gone...

LTH

BocciHawk

Reaction score
On the one hand I definitely could see the wisdom of featuring Collins because you want to trade him.

On the other hand -- just like with Wilson -- if you play the guy and he shows out and is obviously better than the guy that is allegedly ahead of him on the depth chart -- well, you play the guy who deserves it, which in this case is Collins.

I would be thrilled with any draft pick for Penny, that's how down I am on the guy, he doesn't run with the effort I expect to see from a starting back. He seems to fall down at the first contact, and isn't fast enough to elude tacklers. I'm really disappointed in how he's turned out.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete wont get rid of Penny because he still feels he has to validate where he took him.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3cxxyvjb said:
Pete wont get rid of Penny because he still feels he has to validate where he took him.

That's what I'm afraid of.
The way he clung onto Procise like a boyfriend too weak to break up with his girlfriend who cheated on him is indicative of where this is going.

Which is too bad because the "Always Compete" mantra used to mean something before they started playing guys based on past draft position and contract size over performance

John63

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1dr8cu1d said:
pittpnthrs":1dr8cu1d said:

That's what I'm afraid of.
The way he clung onto Procise like a boyfriend too weak to break up with his girlfriend who cheated on him is indicative of where this is going.

Which is too bad because the "Always Compete" mantra used to mean something before they started playing guys based on past draft position and contract size over performance

Agreed and that has hurt this team.

wazzuwilly

Reaction score
kf3339":ip27zd2h said:
Own The West":ip27zd2h said:

Really? No trade value?

Come on now, he's at least worth a penny.

Ruminator

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":23qvdj39 said:

Haven't Pete and John cut losses with other early-rounds picks in the last few years? Who the players were escapes me, but pretty sure they have. That aside, however the RB roster shakes out, it needs to include Collins because that guy is legit, and if we let him go, he'll immediately become another team's prized possession helping their offense move the chains with great efficiency.