Pc and js on the long snapper situation

vonstout

Reaction score
Chris Stoll. Penn State. He was ranked #2 behind Alex Ward from what I found And he signed with the Rams

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Tyler had a workout with the Rams just a couple of weeks ago, so i don't think he wants to retire. I assume he'll stay ready if a team needs to fill the position during the season. In the meantime, it makes sense for the Seahawks to go younger at the position.

Full Metal

Reaction score
You'd think they'd have a plan before letting the current long-snapper go. Then again, they can always call up Kelly Jennings.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Tyler had a workout with the Rams just a couple of weeks ago, so i don't think he wants to retire. I assume he'll stay ready if a team needs to fill the position during the season. In the meantime, it makes sense for the Seahawks to go younger at the position.

Shoot, my bad...

I got Tyler Ott mixed up with Austin Blythe who announced his retirement a few months back. They both hike the ball, so please cut me some slack. :ROFLMAO:

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Dang, who knew about his guy. Chris Stoll took home the Patrick Mannelly Award in 2022 as the nation’s best long snapper. He was also voted as a team captain.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete: “We don’t plan to kick much. We’re going for it.”

Pete must have binge-watched the reality show "To the House" about the high school football team that never punts, always goes for it on 4th down, always onside-kicks after scoring. At last check, that team had won a few Arkansas state titles, 9 of them. Kevin Kelley, the coach, coached one season in college but that was a fiasco due to having no scholarships to work with.

Last edited:

Rat

Reaction score
I remember when we drafted a long snapper in the 6th round and he didn't even make the team. It was literally the only pick Ruskell made from a non-P5 school (San Diego State) during his entire tenure.

If I hadnt lived through Boone Stutz, I'd say long snappers are easy to find and not worth a second thought.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Shoot, my bad...

I got Tyler Ott mixed up with Austin Blythe who announced his retirement a few months back. They both hike the ball, so please cut me some slack. :ROFLMAO:
Sorry man ... you can't unring that bell. Unforgiveable! :D