Paper Tigers

morgulon1

Reaction score
I'm with you on this one. I could see a number of teams represent the NFC when this is all over. And yes, absolutely the Cardinals could very well be the one. Yet I have to say that a lot of things happen in a six week span in this league and it could be someone that isn't anywhere on the radar right now.

If we can play a penalty free game ( the best we can anyway) and put everything together and we can play with anyone.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2v1u0pqk said:
Cardinals are the $20 hooker of the NFL. Panthers pretty much the same. Neither are getting a ring unless they go to Jared.

Doubtful, Jared likes little boys, and it will be quite a while before he gets to eat at Subway again..

All in all the Cardinals are looking good and I'm doubtful they will fail to win the NFC-W this season. So far however I don't think they could beat the Panthers.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
The paper tigers thing came from

Rideaducati who thinks that every win the Cardinals have ever gotten is a fluke. That Peterson is getting turned around on almost every play and it's a fluke that he's had a good year. He claims that the Cardinals will do no better than 7-9 wins this year. (They have 8) That they wont be able to beat the Seahawks or Bengals because they can't beat any good teams. (They beat both) That the Cardinals can't beat teams with Starting QB's. His weekly excuse change weekly depending on circumstances. But I think he means it in a friendly way.

and Mizzouhawkgal who never has been rude or anything. She just has struggled admitting that AZ is any good.

Otherwise I think most people can see the Cardinals are an above average team and capable of wining any given game for the most part.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I understand.

Don't the Cardinals have 7 or 9 wins already? I'm sorry they said that about your team . It wasn't nice. The way they're playing with the rest of the schedule they might run the table.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ringless":x0ic68z2 said:

Rideaducati who thinks that every win the Cardinals have ever gotten is a fluke. That Peterson is getting turned around on almost every play and it's a fluke that he's had a good year. He claims that the Cardinals will do no better than 7-9 wins this year. (They have 8) That they wont be able to beat the Seahawks or Bengals because they can't beat any good teams. (They beat both) That the Cardinals can't beat teams with Starting QB's. His weekly excuse change weekly depending on circumstances. But I think he means it in a friendly way.

and Mizzouhawkgal who never has been rude or anything. She just has struggled admitting that AZ is any good.

Otherwise I think most people can see the Cardinals are an above average team and capable of wining any given game for the most part.

So a whole thread titled "paper tigers" was started because one or two posters on a Seahawk board thought the Cards, a team that has not accomplished a ton of late, were maybe a 9 win team?

I work here in Chandler and I get verbal abuse daily from Cards fans due to the hawk sticker on my truck. Especially after last week. And imagine, I'm a fan of a team that is the back to back NFC champion.

A little doubt from 2 posters on this board seems mild and to be expected quite honestly :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hawkpower":d3rgfz54 said:
ringless":d3rgfz54 said:

So a whole thread titled "paper tigers" was started because one or two posters on a Seahawk board thought the Cards, a team that has not accomplished a ton of late, were maybe a 9 win team?

I work here in Chandler and I get verbal abuse daily from Cards fans due to the hawk sticker on my truck. Especially after last week. And imagine, I'm a fan of a team that is the back to back NFC champion.

A little doubt from 2 posters on this board seems mild and to be expected quite honestly :)

Ringless can't understand how I don't think the cards were very good the last two seasons. With their 24th ranked offense and their 24th ranked defense last year, he is STILL trying to convince me that they were good LAST YEAR. I don't think they were good last year and he won't be able to convince me that they were, yet he persists in trying. He also wants me, a Seahawks fan, to bow down to his fandom of the cardinals for some reason...on a Seahawks board nonetheless. Again, good luck with that. Their wins over the past two seasons were the equivalent of them being "paper tigers". They lost to every good team they faced that had the starting QB playing. He tries to claim there is a double standard when I mention this, and he can't understand the difference. The difference is that Seattle actually beat the good teams on their schedule and the cards DIDN'T. This year, there is a chance for the cards to prove to me that they are a good team, but they still have work to do and Ringless is upset that I have yet to be impressed with his cardinals.

The cards offense is good and when they are "on", they make their opposition one dimensional trying to catch up. When their opposition can be balanced, the cards still have trouble and WILL have trouble, so I don't think they will win in the playoffs, which is where respect is EARNED. Look at their close games and you'll find balanced attacks. When teams can stick to the run game, the cards and their 7 DBs have difficulties. Looking at the teams most likely to be in the playoffs, I see that there are balanced offenses that WILL give the cards trouble.

Excuse me for not believing in the cards, but I still don't believe in the cards.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":2tjphcvo said:
Hawkpower":2tjphcvo said:
ringless":2tjphcvo said:

Ringless can't understand how I don't think the cards were very good the last two seasons. With their 24th ranked offense and their 24th ranked defense last year, he is STILL trying to convince me that they were good LAST YEAR. I don't think they were good last year and he won't be able to convince me that they were, yet he persists in trying. He also wants me, a Seahawks fan, to bow down to his fandom of the cardinals for some reason...on a Seahawks board nonetheless. Again, good luck with that. Their wins over the past two seasons were the equivalent of them being "paper tigers". They lost to every good team they faced that had the starting QB playing. He tries to claim there is a double standard when I mention this, and he can't understand the difference. The difference is that Seattle actually beat the good teams on their schedule and the cards DIDN'T. This year, there is a chance for the cards to prove to me that they are a good team, but they still have work to do and Ringless is upset that I have yet to be impressed with his cardinals.

The cards offense is good and when they are "on", they make their opposition one dimensional trying to catch up. When their opposition can be balanced, the cards still have trouble and WILL have trouble, so I don't think they will win in the playoffs, which is where respect is EARNED. Look at their close games and you'll find balanced attacks. When teams can stick to the run game, the cards and their 7 DBs have difficulties. Looking at the teams most likely to be in the playoffs, I see that there are balanced offenses that WILL give the cards trouble.

Excuse me for not believing in the cards, but I still don't believe in the cards.

The prodigal son of Elguapo and Ricetoyoung has spoken with the spin of Marvin to boot.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":33l7o1vt said:
rideaducati":33l7o1vt said:

The prodigal son of Elguapo and Ricetoyoung has spoken with the spin of Marvin to boot.

I guess if I knew who those guys were or gave a damn what your definition of spin was that that would be even weaker smack. Oh well.

Latest posts