Outside of right tackle, Seahawks offensive line appears set

McGruff

Reaction score
raisethe3":1od5radl said:
I wonder if Ifedi can be tried at LT? I mean this guy got the attitude for it. Don't know if he has the discipline/skill set for it though.

IIRC A&M moved him there before his senior season, but moved h'm back to RT after he failed miserably. Which is weird because in collge he player more finesse.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
raisethe3":3a2i7s2w said:
I wonder if Ifedi can be tried at LT? I mean this guy got the attitude for it. Don't know if he has the discipline/skill set for it though.

He's the perfect LT, almost identical in size and athleticism to Walter Jones. In fact, barring injury, he and Glowinski will become the next Jones and Hutchison.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
dogorama":3nv26i7a said:
raisethe3":3nv26i7a said:

He's the perfect LT, almost identical in size and athleticism to Walter Jones. In fact, barring injury, he and Glowinski will become the next Jones and Hutchison.

If he was anywhere near Big Walt in ability he'd be the starting LT. Therein lies the problem.

I'll believe it when I see it.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":1bk34ot6 said:
dogorama":1bk34ot6 said:
raisethe3":1bk34ot6 said:

If he was anywhere near Big Walt in ability he'd be the starting LT. Therein lies the problem.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course you are right, he's certainly no Walter, at least not yet,
but I believe he's got a ton of potential. We'll see.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Seafan":3hh5ahr8 said:
Something that hasn't been mentioned much if at all is that Gilliam missed OTAs and minicamp while Sowell took every snap at LT during that time.
Gilliam also missed the first couple days of training camp and is coming off knee surgery to have a cyst removed. I remember he said that he felt good but they were still holding him back a little. Consider what a premium this coaching staff puts on players being able to be on the field during practices.

Combine that with Webb being limited the first couple of weeks, Gilliam's experience at RT last season, and Sowell's solid play at LT in the interim and there are way too many unknowns to judge the Gilliam LT experiment from the outside at this point.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
StoneCold":1ucomgid said:
Could it be that with Webb hurt they had to put Sowell at LT early with Gilliam going to RT. By the time Webb was back and competing they were happy with Sowell at LT. They know what they have in Gilliam so Webb is getting more looks at RT in preseason while they evaluate him for either a starting, backup or trade possibilities.

Bingo. Except for the trade possibilities because those don't exist.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2lpxn7i8 said:
StoneCold":2lpxn7i8 said:
Could it be that with Webb hurt they had to put Sowell at LT early with Gilliam going to RT. By the time Webb was back and competing they were happy with Sowell at LT. They know what they have in Gilliam so Webb is getting more looks at RT in preseason while they evaluate him for either a starting, backup or trade possibilities.

Basically, it boils down to Gilliam playing like crap.

"Gilliam has to be viewed as one of the more disappointing performances of training camp.

"Garry is the one that’s really up and down in consistency," offensive line coach Tom Cable said last week."

Read more: http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/articl ... z4J0JhrWkQ

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3vjs29uy said:
raisethe3":3vjs29uy said:

IIRC A&M moved him there before his senior season, but moved h'm back to RT after he failed miserably. Which is weird because in collge he player more finesse.

Actually, this wasn't reported to be the case. He was slated to move there, but was moved back because they had a redshirt freshman to replace Ogbuehi who had trouble switching to RT. Ifedi playing RT was a Sumlin decision based on that limitation.

StoneCold

Reaction score
dogorama":2ertpvya said:
hawknation2016":2ertpvya said:
StoneCold":2ertpvya said:

Basically, it boils down to Gilliam playing like crap.

"Gilliam has to be viewed as one of the more disappointing performances of training camp.

"Garry is the one that’s really up and down in consistency," offensive line coach Tom Cable said last week."

Read more: http://sportsradiokjr.iheart.com/articl ... z4J0JhrWkQ

Guess I should have read the link in your OP. :) Honestly I didn't notice it. That's too bad I liked Gilliam and was/am rooting for him.

justafan

Reaction score
The bright side is is IF Gilliam gets replaced it just means our Oline is better and deeper than we thought.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's set but is it any good i'm very concerned about this line and keeping Hunt over Lewis is just dumb I don't care what anyone say's. If Britt gets hurt or sucks in the regular season Hunt scares me as the backup option this was a risk they didn't need to take because Cable doesn't like Lewis. Ok fine but it had better work Cable or you can pack your bags.