Oregon and Nebraska 2016-2017

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Oregon lacks a tough OOC schedule because teams agree to play them and then bow out. See Kansas State last year. Texas A&M scheduled against UO, then said NOOOOPE. Hopefully Nebraska honors this agreement.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
There were rumors about a&m canceling but they turned out to be false. As of today those games are still scheduled. Over the next 8 years the ducks have home and home matchups with Michigan state, Nebraska, Texas a&m and Ohio state. And also have Virginia coming to Eugene.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JSeahawks":13dc461p said:
There were rumors about a&m canceling but they turned out to be false. As of today those games are still scheduled. Over the next 8 years the ducks have home and home matchups with Michigan state, Nebraska, Texas a&m and Ohio state. And also have Virginia coming to Eugene.

Ah, I hadn't heard that. I am corrected.

jhern87

Reaction score
After traveling to Knoxville a few years ago I cannot wait for this.. Plus I have a buddy who's a Husker alum that I'm sure will be there with me. Cannot wait. First thing first though, East Lansing next year.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Nebraska? A tough OOC opponent? Maybe in the 90's
Oregon would do them worse than us! They might actually have a real QB by then though. Anybody know Bo Pelini's status w/ the team? He's a lock for the next 4 or 5 years?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
By then Oregon and Nebraska will be in their rightful places in terms of how good their programs are.

CPHawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":33qfsuf3 said:
By then Oregon and Nebraska will be in their rightful places in terms of how good their programs are.

Yup, UO will be on top with their boot firmly on UW throats. Oh wait that's where UO is right now, so I guess nothing will have changed.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":3ktrpkn2 said:
fenderbender123":3ktrpkn2 said:

Yup, UO will be on top with their boot firmly on UW throats. Oh wait that's where UO is right now, so I guess nothing will have changed.

If my math is correct the streak will be up to 13 and 14 by that time.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Pelini is not doing as well as I thought he might. I think he overcoaches a bit. I'd be surprise if he's still there when this game rolls around. They are in a permanent holding pattern with him right now. They aren't dangerous at all.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
seahawk2k":1arvi68w said:
Pelini is not doing as well as I thought he might. I think he overcoaches a bit. I'd be surprise if he's still there when this game rolls around. They are in a permanent holding pattern with him right now. They aren't dangerous at all.

Perfect non conference opponent. They're a "name" but not really a threat. (at least if Oregon is still on that same level by that time). A lot of Duck fans think our offensive coordinator Scott Frost might be Nebraska's next head coach, which could add a layer of interest to these games.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1wsxzjti said:
CPHawk":1wsxzjti said:
fenderbender123":1wsxzjti said:

That streak means a lot to you doesn't it. We are your Super Bowl and you need to what you have been doing for the last 10 years for about 20 years in a row and mix in the National title you are sorely lacking to even come close to evening things up. All that work and still trailing.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":298bgpuq said:
CPHawk":298bgpuq said:
fenderbender123":298bgpuq said:

If you attended Oregon, and I don't think you did, your math is likely not correct.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3rnew9ky said:
That streak means a lot to you doesn't it. We are your Super Bowl and you need to what you have been doing for the last 10 years for about 20 years in a row and mix in the National title you are sorely lacking to even come close to evening things up. All that work and still trailing.

Its not our Super bowl. Its a fun game but its no different then Stanford, USC, UCLA or Oregon State.... but definitely bigger then Colorado, Cal, etc, etc. I like the Huskies. They're a fun team to watch. But you're also a fun fan base to poke a stick at. If this were a Los Angelas Seahawks forum i'd probably pretty much ignore the Huskies and poke fun at UCLA or USC.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3n7ft1ak said:
bigtrain21":3n7ft1ak said:

Its not our Super bowl. Its a fun game but its no different then Stanford, USC, UCLA or Oregon State.... but definitely bigger then Coloroda, Cal, etc, etc. I like the Huskies. They're a fun team to watch. But you're also a fun fan base to poke a stick at. If this were a Los Angelas Seahawks forum i'd probably pretty much ignore the Huskies and poke fun at UCLA or USC.

So you are troll then. Got it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1129xdj7 said:
JSeahawks":1129xdj7 said:
bigtrain21":1129xdj7 said:

Its not our Super bowl. Its a fun game but its no different then Stanford, USC, UCLA or Oregon State.... but definitely bigger then Coloroda, Cal, etc, etc. I like the Huskies. They're a fun team to watch. But you're also a fun fan base to poke a stick at. If this were a Los Angelas Seahawks forum i'd probably pretty much ignore the Huskies and poke fun at UCLA or USC.

So you are troll then. Got it.

No. I enjoy back n forth banter with rivals and the main rivals here happen to be UW fans. And its just as fun to get it back as it is to dish it out, so hopefully someday you'll come up with something better then, "oh yea, look at our ancient history!" :)

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Scott Frost beat the Huskies when he was at Stanford in this sloppy, rainy, mess of a game, went to Nebraska, beat the Huskies in that big game in Seattle when Tui almost lead a big comeback, coaches at Oregon, coordinates the offense that ruins the first UW ESPN gameday experience. I don't think he gets his due as a Husky killer like John Elway did.

I'd like to see him at Nebraska, I'd think he'd bring back some of that inherent toughness that the program had, a lot of it is forced now under Pelini

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, I know for a fact that Frost was being groomed as a future head coach by Chip Kelly. In interviews he still calls Nebraska home so If they came calling he'd be gone. Its just a question of whether Nebraska wants to replace Pelini (which they should) and if Frost has enough experience for them yet. I think he's going to be a great head coach someday.