Reaction score
nwHawk, reporting for duty!

Let’s go!

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but..........What do you guys think about Julio being leadoff this season? I kind of feel like he should be batting 2nd, but I can see both sides of the argument.

Thoughts? Just curious what you guys think, a lot of smart baseball fans in here.

sutz

Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but..........What do you guys think about Julio being leadoff this season? I kind of feel like he should be batting 2nd, but I can see both sides of the argument.

Thoughts? Just curious what you guys think, a lot of smart baseball fans in here.
The one thing is that at #2 or even #3 he would see a lot more ABs with a man on base, which would boost his RBI numbers. You don't really want to drop him lower because he might lose some ABs late in games.

ivotuk

Reaction score
OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
CF RODRIGUEZ
2B WONG
1B FRANCE
RF HERNANDEZ
C RALEIGH
3B SUAREZ
LF KELENIC
DH LA STELLA
SS CRAWFORD

sutz

Reaction score
CF RODRIGUEZ
2B WONG
1B FRANCE
RF HERNANDEZ
C RALEIGH
3B SUAREZ
LF KELENIC
DH LA STELLA
SS CRAWFORD
On that list I see 3 legitimate 30 HR guys, with a couple of others that are capable.

Suarez did it last year and for several years running. Rodriguez and Raleigh were both close, and given their slow starts last season it seems they should be able to make that stat this year. Hell, Rodriguez basically missed April last year with all the bad calls at the plate. He could be a 40 dinger guy IMO.

Kelenic, if he can get out of his head and his own way could definitely hit 15-20, and France is at least a 20 homer guy. Hernandez has hit 30 once, and has hit 25 or more several times.

Throw in the improved batting averages with the no shift rule and I see a roster that can score some runs.

QWERTY

Reaction score
On that list I see 3 legitimate 30 HR guys, with a couple of others that are capable.

Suarez did it last year and for several years running. Rodriguez and Raleigh were both close, and given their slow starts last season it seems they should be able to make that stat this year. Hell, Rodriguez basically missed April last year with all the bad calls at the plate. He could be a 40 dinger guy IMO.

Kelenic, if he can get out of his head and his own way could definitely hit 15-20, and France is at least a 20 homer guy. Hernandez has hit 30 once, and has hit 25 or more several times.

Throw in the improved batting averages with the no shift rule and I see a roster that can score some runs.
As for Hernandez though... Toronto and T-mobile Park is a different story.

QWERTY

Reaction score
CF RODRIGUEZ
2B WONG
1B FRANCE
RF HERNANDEZ
C RALEIGH
3B SUAREZ
LF KELENIC
DH LA STELLA

SS CRAWFORD

Shoulda been

WONG
CRAWFORD
RODRIGUEZ
HERNANDEZ
FRANCE
KELENIC
RALEIGH
SUAREZ
LA STELLA

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score

There is a small chance we get 4 guys who can hit 30 HR’s. Julio, Suarez, Cal and Teoscar. Even if JK struggles he will still hit his fair share of HR’s. But he could have your typical Mike Zunino looking stats. Something like .190 BA, 25 HR’s and a lot of K’s.

I feel like this team is going to be similar to last. Right around 90 wins, another WC birth and then who knows once they get in the playoffs. Most interesting time will be the trade deadline. Assuming we are in it, we will probably add another bat unless guys like JK, Pollack and Crawford are playing exceptional.

Echawks

Reaction score
i would take OBP over homers every game.. 3 runners stranded on third would have gotten in with a single.