Olympics trials…

NoGain

Reaction score
I remember what seems like an eon ago how much I liked the Olympic games, Now I have very little interest in the ceremony of it, opening or closing. I still have my favorite events, but can't get myself to research when the events are taking place to see them live. I'm not quite sure why this is? There's a bunch of reasons why, but I can't even order them.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I remember what seems like an eon ago how much I liked the Olympic games, Now I have very little interest in the ceremony of it, opening or closing. I still have my favorite events, but can't get myself to research when the events are taking place to see them live. I'm not quite sure why this is? There's a bunch of reasons why, but I can't even order them.
I don’t ever watch soccer or hockey. Zero interest. Sports are like music and foods. We all have preferences.

I have always followed the Olympics. I ran track in high school, so maybe that’s it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
They need to make eating contests an olympic event. Give the masses what they want to see.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Some things Olympic(ish) are just hugely impressive.

Phelps medal count is 28 - the most by anyone else is 9. 23 of those are gold.

Katie Ledecky won the gold in 2020 in the 1500 freestyle - she currently holds the top 19 times - ever.

Mikaela Shiffrin eclipsing Ingmar Stenmarks record for World cup wins (and at just 27 years old) is something I did not think would ever occur. His record for WC wins stood for 34 years. If she remains healthy I could see her adding 40 more??? damn.

Usain Bolt - actually slowing down and looking around as he broke the WR in the 100.

NoGain

Reaction score
I definitely have memories of Olympic greatness that still stick out to me...

--Mark Spitz (swam 7 races, 7 gold medals, 7 world records)
--Eric Heiden (skated both short and long distance; 5 races, 5 gold medals, 4 Olympic records, 1 world record)
--Bob Beamon (beat the world record in the long jump by almost 2 feet in 1968 Olympics)
--Nadia Comaneci (the first perfect 10 in the Olympics in gymnastics)

There were a lot of them.

olyfan63

Reaction score
No love for Bruce?
Still trying to find the official picture for "Bruce Jenner wins the Javelin Catch!"

Failing to find a pic of Bruce's heroic effort in that, I do have a pic or two of athletes competing in that event; pic below is the Gold Medal Winner from the last Olympics. Look how everyone has gathered round to congratulate her for her skilled and heroic effort!

And I have a recruiting video for this event, I think it's an "underground" event that isn't televised due to age restricted content, but nevertheless counts towards the medal standings.

P.S. If anyone can find the Bruce wins the javelin catch pic, there's a prize associated with it. I think it may have been a SNL pic, shown during the SNL news program "Weekend Update"?, back in the 80's or thereabouts.

Prize? My eternal gratitude!

Last edited:

NoChops

Reaction score
kinda stoked to see the kite surfing as it is something I'm taking lessons on to learn. Good wind could push speeds up to 45mph

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Did Lewis ever test positive for steroids like Johnson? I don't think he did.
Check out the 30 for 30 on that race. Lewis should of been banned before the games but your crooked peeps covered it up. I think everyone in that race failed a drug test except Calvin Smith who was skin and bone compared to the rest of the field.

NoGain

Reaction score
Check out the 30 for 30 on that race. Lewis should of been banned before the games but your crooked peeps covered it up. I think everyone in that race failed a drug test except Calvin Smith who was skin and bone compared to the rest of the field.
There's a huge difference between being tested for steroids and a mild stimulant found in allergy medication, and an amount that is not even considered to be performance enhancing by the powers that be. Hell, people have been kicked out for marijuana use. There's a big difference between that and steroids as well.

Show me exactly what he was tested for. Not some "well he must have been consciously cheating/roiding because I don't like him."

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Gabby Thomas, the sprinter that I follow, is making it to Paris. I am happy 😊
Gabby is amazing. Her 200 meter gold. WOW. My husband is drooling over her. She is gorgeous but so is her boyfriend so we are both drooling. One’s thing for certain, they will have beautiful children.

toffee

Reaction score
Gabby is amazing. Her 200 meter gold. WOW. My husband is drooling over her. She is gorgeous but so is her boyfriend so we are both drooling. One’s thing for certain, they will have beautiful children.
Smart kids too.