Ok…I agree. It’s rigged.

NoGain

Reaction score
Then Burrows intentional grounding wasn’t intentional grounding either.
All the potential receivers had broken down field. They showed this on the replay. There was no eligible receiver anywhere near where he threw it. On the replay that I saw with my own eyes.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
All the potential receivers had broken down field. They showed this on the replay. There was no eligible receiver anywhere near where he threw it. On the replay that I saw with my own eyes.
Perrine was eligible….and was close.

BASF

Reaction score
Perrine was eligible….and was close.
He was not within five yards. He literally threw the ball at his linemen's feet. As far as stopping the play, it was stopped because the play clock had started running when it should not have. The play would be stopped ten times out of ten.

NoGain

Reaction score
He was not within five yards. He literally threw the ball at his linemen's feet. As far as stopping the play, it was stopped because the play clock had started running when it should not have. The play would be stopped ten times out of ten.
On the replay (I'm pretty sure my memory serves me right) he threw the ball into the ground between 4-5 offensive lineman, and there wasn't an eligible receiver in the picture. Romo pointed this out during the replay and said...yeah, they got it right.

BASF

Reaction score
On the replay (I'm pretty sure my memory serves me right) he threw the ball into the ground between 4-5 offensive lineman, and there wasn't an eligible receiver in the picture. Romo pointed this out during the replay and said...yeah, they got it right.
Perine was in the top left of the picture behind and the left of one of the Chiefs' linebackers. He was about five yards away from the ball. Definitely good enough to call intentional grounding.

NoGain

Reaction score
Perine was in the top left of the picture behind and the left of one of the Chiefs' linebackers. He was about five yards away from the ball. Definitely good enough to call intentional grounding.
I said this somewhere else, if you want to nit-pik, the taunting call against KC (it was) that kept the Cincy drive alive could have just as easily not been called given the gravity of the moment/circumstance.

I pretty much guarantee that Joe Burrow's not thinking about how the refs robbed them of the game. He's thinking about plays he missed that might have won them the game.

BASF

Reaction score
I said this somewhere else, if you want to nit-pik, the taunting call against KC (it was) that kept the Cincy drive alive could have just as easily not been called given the gravity of the moment/circumstance.

I pretty much guarantee that Joe Burrow's not thinking about how the refs robbed them of the game. He's thinking about plays he missed that might have won them the game.
Try reading what I wrote again. I am agreeing with you. This place sometimes...

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
They showed the ref running into the field of action to stop the play. Like Romo said, it was so loud he couldn't even hear the whistle.
It wasn't loud. The Chiefs were on offense. I think the ref running to stop the play forgot to blow his whistle. You could see him kind of stop after a few steps and hesitate when he realized his whistle wasn't in his mouth

ivotuk

Reaction score
They showed the ref running into the field of action to stop the play. Like Romo said, it was so loud he couldn't even hear the whistle.
Good post. The Referee was already on the field, blowing his whistle and waving his arms before Mahomes got the ball.

It's a replay because some of the players that could hear the whistle held up.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I don't believe it's rigged, but the NFL has a penalty and refereeing problem that leads to games being decided by the refs. Too many bad calls, too many missed calls, to many judgement calls. Add in players push the boundaries of whats allowed to gain an advantage and you have a situation rife for conspiracies and games that are not enjoyable to watch. I don't know what the solution is. It's a fast paced, physical game that requires great skill, which is why it's fun to watch, and also why it's difficult to police.

I have wondered if it's possible to eliminate some rules. Let the Oline hold, let there be all kinds of contact between receivers and defenders. Let it be physical. There must be opportunities to exploit with whatever choice a player makes. I don't know exactly what those would be, but I think players and coaches would adjust and take into consideration the risk reward of every action.

BASF

Reaction score
An interesting angle that I just thought of is the financial angle of keeping another rookie contract QB out of the Super Bowl. There is a very strong ground swell of teams being able to get to and win the Super Bowl with QBs on rookie contracts making it easier to have a better supporting cast around them. Mahomes making it to the Super Bowl keeps the highly paid QB's in the Super Bowl conversation. Stafford and Burrows cap hits combined last season was less than Mahomes made. This season, Mahomes' cap hit is more than $46M. With him in instead of Burrows, the highly paid QB still remain in the conversation as all the other highly paid QB's were lackluster this season.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I think the saying "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequate explained by incompetence" fits.

If there was a true conspiracy to put the Chiefs in the Super Bowl there would not have been a holding call to take one of their TDs off the board or call them on an incredibly weak taunting penalty that cost them a tonne of field position.

Refs just seem to make a lot of mistakes. As for missed holdings, I think as fans we have a tendency to see more holding against the guys we are cheering for. I'm guilty of it myself and I see it here after certain losses.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
Andy Reid vs. Philly. Kelce bros. Golden Boy (Mahomes).

I just felt like there were a lot of bad or no calls. Block in the back on the punt return…

Maybe it was a bit strong to say it’s rigged but, the officiating has left a lot to be desired at times.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by "The refs screwed both teams OR the refs let both teams play when they should have been flagged.

There are so many small bets about "how many yards will Seattle get in the first half", How many penalties with Dline make in the 3rd quarter" and just about anything else. They bet on the flip of the coin, and notice they almost never show the answer...its just the ref out there making the call and the players who want to keep their job following in line.

SF49r

Reaction score
The NFL is definitely rigged and they are not hiding it anymore. Penalties could happen on any given play and the refs just pick and choose when to call it to favor a team, there's nothing the opposing teams can do about it. This may be my last season watching the NFL, shits getting ridiculous.