OFFICIAL: Seahawks have traded Kearse to Jets for Richardson

T-Hawk

Reaction score
We're going to be lining up with 9 pro bowlers on defense in passing situations now!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Refused to buy into this rumored acquisition - because it seemed just too impossible to come true.

WOW! :p

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
So he is a FA next year, I'm assuming PC and JS feel confident they can re-sign him. We don't give up a second round pick for a rent a player right?

King Dog

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1y4mg2zp said:
So he is a FA next year, I'm assuming PC and JS feel confident they can re-sign him. We don't give up a second round pick for a rent a player right?

Depends if we want to re-sign him. Tryout year for him.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":21sputin said:
Even if they don't extend him - will get a 3rd round Comp pick for him if he plays reasonably well.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seems the Jet fans didn't think he was going to sign beyond this year and that they got a 2nd was huge. Kearse was a marginal throw in.. it was the 2nd that delighted. Though of course, the 2nd is conditional. I wonder what condition.

massari

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":7c1yc9bh said:
They'll let him walk and get big money on the open market, then get a 3rd round comp pick in return. McDowell should be back to take his place next season with his cheap rookie contract.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
King Dog":28bp8zi0 said:
Hawk-Lock":28bp8zi0 said:

Depends if we want to re-sign him. Tryout year for him.
It has been said by Pete Carroll he was looking for an interior presence for a while now. That was supposed to be Malik, but we all know what happened....in comes Sheldon Richardson.

If the Seahawks don't view any other incoming prospects capable of being "that guy," you can bet the Seahawks will try to resign Richardson any way they can.

The Seahawks have proven time and time again, the offensive side outside of Wilson, Baldwin and Britt, they are all expendable, even Jimmy Graham.

I would be surprised Graham is retained and they resign Richardson after next year.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I approve of this message.

Also, here are some nice highlights of Richardson. Seems he plays some Fullback too. Hmmmmm.

[youtube]MXqIg0iJ8uA[/youtube]

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2z8tvnd9 said:
Seems the Jet fans didn't think he was going to sign beyond this year and that they got a 2nd was huge. Kearse was a marginal throw in.. it was the 2nd that delighted. Though of course, the 2nd is conditional. I wonder what condition.

Seen a couple of pundits speculate that if we re-sign him to a new deal it becomes a 2nd. If not it stays as a 3rd.

Rat

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":12qoy0jw said:
It has been said by Pete Carroll he was looking for an interior presence for a while now. That was supposed to be Malik, but we all know what happened....

Do we? Nobody seems to have any clue what the deal with that is. It has been kept under wraps to a suspicious level.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Awesome addition!!!

Finally a legit constant 3 tech threat.

Sure hope the team can re-up him after the season or the team will be giving up a 2nd rd pick. of course if the team doesn't they may get an eventual comp pick.

Own The West

Reaction score
Kearse would have been cut next year when his contract ballooned to $5M, so we only lose a year of him -- and that's assuming that he wouldn't have been a cap-cut this year to make room for our deep bench of younger WRs.

If we don't resign Richardson, we lose a 3rd and (probably) comp a 3rd.
If we do resign him, then we lose a 2nd to have Bennett's eventual replacement and depth while (if) McDowell matures.

The 64th pick is pretty much a 3rd anyway, so what's the downside?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Obvious tanking move from the Jets as they could have played Richardson this year and then gotten a compensatory pick later on. Easy decision for the Seahawks whether he's a one year rental or not.

This trade isn't bad for Kearse at all. He'll get plenty of opportunities in NY that he wasn't going to get here.

Rat

Reaction score
Own The West":rhw7eowt said:
If we don't resign Richardson, we lose a 3rd and (probably) comp a 3rd.
If we do resign him, then we lose a 2nd to have Bennett's eventual replacement and depth while (if) McDowell matures.

Where are you seeing that it's conditional? I'm seeing second rounder everywhere.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
My mind says good trade ... my heart says I'll miss Kearse thanks jermaine for Some of the biggest moments in our franchise's history.
Local kid who made it big, someday I hope he retires as a hawk