Offense still as uselss as ever

Wheetie

Reaction score
You guys refuse to credit an elite defense for clamping down on the Seahawks offense.
As I mentioned in another thread, there is no defense good enough to make any offense look this bad

WarHawks

Reaction score
Yeah. It's easy to be dissatisfied with this offense so far, but that Ravens defense is absolutely nuts. It's what every team dreams of. Pressure coming from anywhere and everywhere, and they're always fresh because their offense controls the ball through the ground.
Yes, but franchise qb's are able to overcome good D. Geno just isn't good enough. There's another half to play, so we'll see, but it's not confidence inspiring how awful they look on offense.

xray

Reaction score
The 5-2 record coming in didn't tell the whole story . Imho

HawkFreak

Reaction score
They need to figure this out so they don't end up wasting another solid defense.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
The successes aren't always followed by colossal failures. That's the point. It's easy to poo poo every good thing with the benefit of hindsight after you know a bad thing follows.
Its been happening alot this year on offense and making your bed when you have a report due in 10 min would not help you finish that report any faster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Its been happening alot this year on offense and making your bed when you have a report due in 10 min would not help you finish that report any faster.
I... disagree that your analogy is remotely relevant to getting points on the board before halftime.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
You guys refuse to credit an elite defense for clamping down on the Seahawks offense.

Yeah lets celebrate Seahawks playing like a mediocre team. How do we expect to be superbowl contenders when they play like this?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Geno is an up and down 9-8 wild card and done type of QB. These are the games he is not good enough to win. At the start of the season we knew we were a couple of seasons away. All of a sudden we are 5-2 and SB bound. Today is a reality check, we are still building and aren't there.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
Geno is an up and down 9-8 wild card and done type of QB. These are the games he is not good enough to win. At the start of the season we knew we were a couple of seasons away. All of a sudden we are 5-2 and SB bound. Today is a reality check, we are still building and aren't there.

It doesnt look like we are building. It looks like the same inconsistency. Look grrat followed by really bad at random times. Throw in really dumb mistakrs and penalties.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You brought up the irrelevant analogy so mine is relevant as well.
I am of the opinion that mine was far more apt, but I understand your point. Analogy isn't usually the best way to get a point across. They're usually imperfect.

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
I am of the opinion that mine was far more apt, but I understand your point. Analogy isn't usually the best way to get a point across. They're usually imperfect.

And I think mine is more apt. Small success arent helpful when you are prone to massive mistakes. Fix the big mistakes first before you focus on the smaller things.

NJlargent

Reaction score
It doesnt look like we are building. It looks like the same inconsistency. Look grrat followed by really bad at random times. Throw in really dumb mistakrs and penalties.
Defense is getting better so that's a plus. Offense blows but maybe a decent OL in next couple years and we are seriously contending. But at the moment our offense is at best streaky and I think our run game isn't good. We get a few good runs here and there but we aren't a pound the rock offense by any means

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
And I think mine is more apt. Small success arent helpful when you are prone to massive mistakes. Fix the big mistakes first before you focus on the smaller things.
How does going for it on fourth with a low likelihood of converting fix the general mistake-prone nature of the offense?

If the offense is mistake-prone, that would make taking the points even more of a sound decision

OP
OP
S

strohmin

Reaction score
Defense is getting better so that's a plus. Offense blows but maybe a decent OL in next couple years and we are seriously contending. But at the moment our offense is at best streaky and I think our run game isn't good. He get a few good runs here and there but we aren't a pound the rock offense by any means

Yeah I expected the defense to struggle and the offense to look atleast competent. This offense looks like absolute trash.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
So we start this drive with one bad run. So what. Hand it off 7 more times.