Observations for training camp day 1

AgentDib

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to watch today's practice from the patio. Recommended if any of you have the opportunity and are still considering a day to attend. The practice was not padded and so there were restrictions on how physical they could be, but I had a few takeaways mainly from the OL drills which were right in front of the patio.

Offensive Line
Emphasis on zone stretch with the OL looking to be more physically fit as a group than in previous years. Many of the drills were about lateral movement. Keli'ikuewa Kekuewa was working with the group as much as Dickerson was and looks very comfortable coaching in his third season here.

Phil Haynes was practicing snapping before the practice but didn't get any reps at center during practice. Probably bolstering his case as the active swing interior OL on gamedays.

Forsythe split reps between LT and RT, while Curhan and Lucas traded off at RT.

Depth chart looked something like:
LT - Cross, Forsythe, Eiland, Ryan (injured)
LG - Lewis, Gilmore, Wilson
C - Blythe, Fuller, Shepley
RG - Jackson, Haynes, Forbes
RT - Curhan, Lucas, Forsythe

Miscellaneous
- Parkinson looks like he's ready to compete for a starting spot.
- Eskridge needed his left knee wrapped halfway through drills.
- DK is "holding in" and watched from the sidelines

Anybody else go today? What did you notice?

toffee

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to watch today's practice from the patio. Recommended if any of you have the opportunity and are still considering a day to attend. The practice was not padded and so there were restrictions on how physical they could be, but I had a few takeaways mainly from the OL drills which were right in front of the patio.

Offensive Line
Emphasis on zone stretch with the OL looking to be more physically fit as a group than in previous years. Many of the drills were about lateral movement. Keli'ikuewa Kekuewa was working with the group as much as Dickerson was and looks very comfortable coaching in his third season here.

Phil Haynes was practicing snapping before the practice but didn't get any reps at center during practice. Probably bolstering his case as the active swing interior OL on gamedays.

Forsythe split reps between LT and RT, while Curhan and Lucas traded off at RT.

Depth chart looked something like:
LT - Cross, Forsythe, Eiland, Ryan (injured)
LG - Lewis, Gilmore, Wilson
C - Blythe, Fuller, Shepley
RG - Jackson, Haynes, Forbes
RT - Curhan, Lucas, Forsythe

Miscellaneous
- Parkinson looks like he's ready to compete for a starting spot.
- Eskridge needed his left knee wrapped halfway through drills.
- DK is "holding in" and watched from the sidelines

Anybody else go today? What did you notice?
fingers crossed on Eskridge, but happy with Cross-Lewis-Blythe-Jackson-Curhan, three of those dudes were the line that powered Penny's late season domination.

Last edited:

Spohawks

Reaction score
Thank you sir, I have only been waiting for this post for a decade (it felt like).

I always thought Parkinson was underrated. He just comes in and does his job very consistently.

I have put together just about every line up possible in my head but that oline depth chart makes sense.

How much was the patio tickets? Roughly how many feet away from the players were you?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Anybody know if the first hour of select TC practices will be live-streamed again this year?

I really enjoyed watching those last year.

TIA.

Edit: I just submitted the above question to John Boyle at Seahawks Mailbag. We should have the answer shortly (fingers crossed).

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank you for the report AgentDib.

Definitely concerning to hear about Eskridge. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Positive to hear about the O Line.

Can't wait to hear more reports on .Net

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Wonder if Eskridge is ever going to be healthy enough to be able to demonstrate the skills that caused the team to want to draft him?

It is nice to read these observations and encouraging to know the OLine looks more athletic than last year's version.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Per Pete, Eskridge was held out due to a little hamstring tightness yesterday (Tuesday). Looks like they're playing it safe as usual.

OP
OP
AgentDib

AgentDib

Reaction score
How much was the patio tickets? Roughly how many feet away from the players were you?
They are doing something new with the patio this season. Free to season ticket holders but I'm not sure how they are chosen. Parking pass with shuttle to and from Green Lot (south of the normal bus lines in Renton Landing) that drops you off behind VMAC. They've added a large tent near the water with free food/soft drinks/Starbucks. Great view of many of the drills and 5 feet from the edge of the field; there were some family members hugging players. Fairly limited end-zone view of the scrimmage at the end of practice so probably not ideal for watching that portion of padded practices.
Per Pete, Eskridge was held out due to a little hamstring tightness yesterday (Tuesday). Looks like they're playing it safe as usual.
He was running at the start of practice and then they wrapped his left knee with what seemed like saran wrap. Hopefully that was just a precaution like they're suggesting, but I'm sure we'll all be curious to see whether he's participating today.

GemCity

Reaction score
If Eskridge doesn’t get a lot of snaps in this year, I’ll assume we wasted that pick and should’ve grabbed Creed or Myers.

Correction: still wasted that pick regardless.

Latest posts