Number Of Losing Seasons In The Last Ten Years

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
That is a pretty awesome stat and I applaud the team for its ability to fight through adversity and talent turnover to put a consistently good product out in the regular season, given how the NFL is all about parity amongst its teams.

However, change the inputs slightly to 'Number of Seasons With A Playoff Win' and look at just the last five seasons...and we are tied with the Cleveland Browns. Stats are fun!

All this to say...I understand both sides of the argument and can agree with each. I am thankful for being relevant and getting to be 'part of the playoff conversation' year in and year out, but it's not wrong either to want to take that next step once we do make it there.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
That is a pretty awesome stat and I applaud the team for its ability to fight through adversity and talent turnover to put a consistently good product out in the regular season, given how the NFL is all about parity amongst its teams.

However, change the inputs slightly to 'Number of Seasons With A Playoff Win' and look at just the last five seasons...and we are tied with the Cleveland Browns. Stats are fun!

All this to say...I understand both sides of the argument and can agree with each. I am thankful for being relevant and getting to be 'part of the playoff conversation' year in and year out, but it's not wrong either to want to take that next step once we do make it there.
Somebody gonna pick the mic up that our brethren from Texas just dropped?

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m a Seahawk fan, and having my team win more often than they lose is pretty darn satisfying.
Likewise making the playoffs as often as they have adds to my pleasure as a fan.

Sure playoff wins are even better but it’s awful hard for me to complain when I consider how many fans around the league would love to have our record over the last ten years.

Of course i suffered through most ALL of the years prior to the last ten, maybe my perspective is slightly different that many?

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't realize it was just 1.

knownone

Reaction score
This is a pretty good illustration of why teams like LA and SF were able to amass so much high-end talent for their playoff runs.

Mick063

Reaction score
Picking in the high 20s for a decade as well. Throw in a couple of bad trades and you wonder how they pulled it off. Answer is simple. Coaching and culture.

By the way, you can't get to that type of consistency without beating the Forty Niners a time or two.

Last edited:

sdog1981

Reaction score
11 years ago the Chiefs were 2-14 so they just missed the cut lol

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I don’t have to dive into the disfunction of that one losing season that was the separation before the divorce but Seahawks lost 3 games by 3 points with a rusty Geno playing in 2 of those. 1 game by 2 points and another by 1 point. Win 2 of those 5 and we are 1 of 3 teams without a losing record.