Not making playoffs

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Not too long ago, people were saying NE was a fringe team and Tom Brady was done. They just destroyed Denver.

Two weeks ago, Dallas was the best team in the NFC. They just lost two straight.

A few weeks ago, SD was considered one of the best teams in the league and they've lost two straight and got beat bad today.

This league changes every week. It's not the funnest feeling winning close games against bad teams, but we won. Enjoy the ride.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
My opinion at this point is that we're clearly worse than we were last year, but that nobody in the NFC has stepped up as a clear frontrunner, and that especially this season, all six teams that make the NFC playoffs will have a legitimate shot to go all the way...it's going to be incredibly wide open. So let's just get in somehow, hope to be reasonably healthy, and hope to get hot. I agree with pessimism about getting a first-round bye.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Yxes1122":2rfhcvhd said:
Not too long ago, people were saying NE was a fringe team and Tom Brady was done. They just destroyed Denver.

Two weeks ago, Dallas was the best team in the NFC. They just lost two straight.

A few weeks ago, SD was considered one of the best teams in the league and they've lost two straight and got beat bad today.

This league changes every week. It's not the funnest feeling winning close games against bad teams, but we won. Enjoy the ride.

Pete just said in the post game that we could have been 8-8 last year. We one on to the Giants.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1deahwlw said:
I'm not sure we want to. We don't appear capable of winning a playoff game anyway and we could use the higher draft pick on a better LT.

No.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1jhskl9c said:
I'm not sure we want to. We don't appear capable of winning a playoff game anyway and we could use the higher draft pick on a better LT.

My head hurts because of this post, did you see some of the games last year we almost blew? A win is a win. Once the starters come back we will be fine.

vonstout

Reaction score
If Romo played today, they would have won. Weeden was awful. Every team in the NFC is an injury away from major issues. We've had more injuries than everyone and we are still 5-3. We need to get healthy.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":2um84zla said:
Yxes1122":2um84zla said:

Pete just said in the post game that we could have been 8-8 last year. We one on to the Giants.

I've had a lot of visibility on the last two Super Bowl winners being a Seahawks fan and living in Baltimore.

Baltimore "had no business" being in the Super Bowl. They got lucky more than they were good, but they won it all. Jacoby Jones should never have had that TD prayer from Flacco (Rahim Moore lost that game after the offense put them ahead). They had their magical Ray Rice 4th and 29 play that won a game, and they lost four of their last five games in the regular season.

Last season for the Seahawks was a ridiculous roller coaster, with a lot of "they'll never win if the offense plays like this"; they did win.

I won't sit here and predict a Super Bowl for this team, but all of this talk of dynasty and 19-0 was premature. This team has a shot, they can be good, and they need to be lucky.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1cq717sv said:
TorontoHawk":1cq717sv said:
Yxes1122":1cq717sv said:

I've had a lot of visibility on the last two Super Bowl winners being a Seahawks fan and living in Baltimore.

Baltimore "had no business" being in the Super Bowl. They got lucky more than they were good, but they won it all. Jacoby Jones should never have had that TD prayer from Flacco (Rahim Moore lost that game after the offense put them ahead). They had their magical Ray Rice 4th and 29 play that won a game, and they lost four of their last five games in the regular season.

Last season for the Seahawks was a ridiculous roller coaster, with a lot of "they'll never win if the offense plays like this"; they did win.

I won't sit here and predict a Super Bowl for this team, but all of this talk of dynasty and 19-0 was premature. This team has a shot, they can be good, and they need to be lucky.

Yes, I will take luck every time if it means we win.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Maybe the fans jumping off the bandwagon should become fans of elite teams like the 49ers and Broncos, they sure had great games today.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2prgmcy2 said:
Hold on there, Chicken Littles. It's a long season, and other teams get dinged up too.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/529086953023483904[/tweet]
I call BS, we all know Cable doesn't actually coach anything.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
6 starters out and a 7th during the game....meaning 3 starters out on the o-line. The blocked punt and big return in the third quarter are what made this a close game imo.

Mistakes by guys being pressed into the spotlight are costly, hopefully when we get guys back this ends. I am thinking of Willson not squeezing a couple of passes he should have had. Bailey's two illegal man downfield penalties, Richardson's hold.
And RW was off at times today.

Still hanging onto the belief that once we get healtheir, things will pick up

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1vqpqxbx said:
We might well have lost the playoffs on account of the injuries. Arizona has just pulled out to a big lead.

Well I agree and disagree with you.

I don't think we're out of the playoffs due to injuries, but we're really at a point where if we sustain any more injuries, we won't be able to recover.

Arizona isn't out to that big of a lead. They are 2 games ahead of us. They also have to play us twice, so if we win both games, and both teams keep winning, we hang 2 losses on them to equal 3, while we have 3 ourselves. No, I'm not saying we'll win out, but hanging 2 losses on them is huge. They also have to play the Rams twice (Palmer doesn't have the quickest trigger or feet) and SF at their house (granted, that isn't looking all that difficult, but they've historically had a bad time there).

We've only played one divisional game, and I think we spank the Rams when we see them again. I also don't think SF looks all that strong, I think we can beat them up here.

It comes down to getting guys back and staying healthy, and that one stretch where we go out to Philly then play SF on a short week. If we can get through that stretch, and hang 2 losses on AZ, we'll be fine.

sutz

Reaction score
If is a big word. I assume we'll be playing better in a week or so and for the rest of the year.

So many people make a big thing about "playing down" to the competition, but fail to see that we also tend to play "up" to it also. Given what I've seen of the past 2-3 seasons, I expect them to step it up as the playoffs get closer. I think we match up pretty well against our division foes, and I still think we can beat anybody, anywhere.

Time will tell, but I'm not throwing any towels in, yet.

Escamillo

Reaction score
seahawksny":3p8pjnva said:
Unless something significantly improves, I cannot see us winning in kc, Philly or both times against the cardinals.
Home field against good teams won't matter rest of the way. It mattered today cause had this game been in Oakland we'd be looking at 4-4

I'd be impressed with a 10-6 record, but that might not be good enough to go to post season.
frankly I can't see past 9-7;right now, even with a lot of players coming back.

I have to agree.
In fact, we should just not bother playing the rest of the season.
Then we should blow up the team and start over from scratch, starting with getting a new owner, GM, and coach. :cry:

Two things I hate about sports:
1. Moral Victories, whereby people seek ways to treat losses as wins.
2. Moral Defeats, whereby people seek ways to treat wins as losses.
Lots of folks around here excel at finding moral defeats.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I find the pessimism quite astonishing really, but I think most of it is driven by relativity to 2013 (i.e. 'its obvious we are not what we were' line of thinking)

When we were healthy, we tonked Green Bay, beat Denver (should have been comfortably), should have thrashed the Redskins and lost a game in San Diego due to the defense not getting off the field (not entirely excusable but the TOP killed them in the heat). Conditions for rest of year as temps drop = Seahawks football weather more than anything else.

I was hugely relieved with the Carolina win, given the injury situation I feared for that game. The season is still intact and with getting so many starters back I would prefer to back the Seahawks than their opponents in any matchup left in the season.

Once Wagner comes back, the defense is going to be strong, hopefully the injuries slow down because the secondary will be fierce and importantly DEEP, the linebackingcorp has various package options with KPL,Smith, Wags, KJ to hopefully allow Irvin to play at DE to help the D line cope with less depth.

On offense, once the O line gets back to Okung Carp Unger Sweezy Britt I think Wilson will have a bit more time and his composure will step up markedly. Think Norwood and Richardson can make a big impact if Wilson gets an extra second to throw. O Line is a good run blocking unit from what I've seen (JR and Carp impressed me), and no they will not be a good (or even average) pass blocking unit but they can get the job done, they don't have to be lights out.

I look round the NFC at the moment and I don't fear anyone. Eagles / Cowboys will have to manage injuries to QB, 49ers look likely to miss, NO can't play away from the Dome, Green Bay we stomped, Cardinals? Well i'm not sold on Arizona yet, lets wait and see what they do in regular season play against us. Lions? I saw last week in London and Stafford without those weapons look awful, can't see them holding Green Bay in the North.

So call me optimistic, unrealistic (?) but I see us going 11-5 or even 12-4 IF our injuries don't continue at this rate. Get through the play-offs finding a way, to leave us with a confrontation with Brady, Peyton or 'superstar' Luck for all the marbles.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Without two big special teams plays, Oakland only scores 10 points and we probably win 33-10 or so. With so many injuries to both starters and backups, it'll be most glaring on special teams, where you generally have younger players anyways, now you have younger players playing out of usual positions.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Thanks very much for sharing your completely overwrought anxiety. We don't get nearly enough of that around here.

monkey

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1lnhtj4b said:

Wow...you cannot be serious!
:pukeface:

Latest posts