NFLPA says Russell Wilson mistreated by Broncos

chris98251

Reaction score
What they shorted his paycheck, or did they call him names and took his ball away. Yes they Benched him for leverage and to protect themselves, kinda did the same thing with Carr in Vegas as well, don't see his name being brought up.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Meh..hes getting released anyway...it'll be interesting where John63 lands as a lifetime fan of the team Wilson joins...

The funniest result of all of @John63's Wilson-slurping posts I've seen was on the Broncos board before the 2022 season started, but (obviously) after Wilson had been traded. @John63 had not yet completely internalized his transition from Seahawks fan to Broncos fan, and he slipped in a very funny way. He was already routinely using "we" and "us" to refer to the Broncos over on the Broncos board as he imagined the coming years of multi-Lombardi glory, but he slipped in one post there and referred to the Seahawks in XLVIII as either "we" or "us"... on the Broncos board. Confusion and hilarity followed. This is one reason to hope Wilson ends up with the Raiders, because of the potential for another episode like that, but with much stronger reactions from the fans of @John63's new favorite team.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The funniest result of all of @John63's Wilson-slurping posts I've seen was on the Broncos board before the 2022 season started, but (obviously) after Wilson had been traded. @John63 had not yet completely internalized his transition from Seahawks fan to Broncos fan, and he slipped in a very funny way. He was already routinely using "we" and "us" to refer to the Broncos over on the Broncos board as he imagined the coming years of multi-Lombardi glory, but he slipped in one post there and referred to the Seahawks in XLVIII as either "we" or "us"... on the Broncos board. Confusion and hilarity followed. This is one reason to hope Wilson ends up with the Raiders, because of the potential for another episode like that, but with much stronger reactions from the fans of @John63's new favorite team.
That's ******* hilarious! 🤣

olyfan63

Reaction score
Poor Russell, such a victim of evil Broncos management... Crying all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
I'd say Wilson is just as guilty of mistreating the Broncos.
Well he did bend them over, he did create a lot of havoc, he did cause them to hire a new coach and add insult to injury by losing more draft picks to do that, he did all that and didn't even give them a reach around, his excuse, I'm too short.

toffee

Reaction score
The Broncos did a few things for Wilson too, off the top of my head:
  1. Traded the farm for him.
  2. Gave him that contract and made him the highest paid QB upon signing.
  3. Allow him to bring his own coach.
  4. Allow him to have an office on coaches' floor.
  5. Fire a coach he didn't like.
  6. Hire his dream coach.
In the end, it was his dream coach that signed off on releasing him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I don’t get how Russ’ benching was illegal when the Raiders did the Same to Carr. Actually, they banned Carr from the facility altogether, whereas Russ was just demoted to qb2.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Greed on both sides led to the current situation as is the case now with Russ unemployed and Denver on the hook for millions of dead cap $. Looking at Russ's age, previous situation and drama that came about plus topped with the overall cost. If I were another team, Russ would be at best a back up and IF he were to be given a 1st string position, it would be an incentive laden contract where he would have to earn what is paid to him instead of handing over the bank. Can't blame Russ for going to get the deal he got with Denver, he wanted to get paid and did. He just failed to deliver. Denver failed to do its research. Both sides are guilty IMHO.

xray

Reaction score
I'm trying so hard to care about the life and times of Russell Wilson ; but I can't . I feel so dirty and ashamed .