NFL top 100: Richard Sherman at 50, 3rd highest corner

warden

Reaction score
Ranking on the top 100 does not matter, pro bowl appearances do not matter.

Only two titles matter when it comes to Richard Sherman, ONE: he is a Seahawk, TWO: he can call himself a Superbowl champion. One down one to go.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Other than Winfield, I can't think who could rank higher than Sherman. Revis shouldn't since he was injured. Tillman?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
The Outfield":336r6cqb said:
Other than Winfield, I can't think who could rank higher than Sherman. Revis shouldn't since he was injured. Tillman?

Patrick Peterson will be on there I'm sure. IMO he's one of the most overrated players. Everyone seems to gawk as his special teams return prowess, nevermind his gaffe's against Seattle in Seattle.

In every statistical category Sherman is better than Peterson-- Tackles, Sacks, Forced Fumbles, Pass Defended and INT's.

I think both Sherman and Wilson are both underrated. I think Luck is extremely overrated (though I really like him and see him being a superstar)

The Outfield

Reaction score
I do agree with some others here, though. I like it more when our team is underrated than correctly rated or overrated. Gives us a chip on our shoulders and less media attention.

Marvin49

Reaction score
jlwaters1":33va8lv8 said:
The Outfield":33va8lv8 said:

Patrick Peterson will be on there I'm sure. IMO he's one of the most overrated players. Everyone seems to gawk as his special teams return prowess, nevermind his gaffe's against Seattle in Seattle.

In every statistical category Sherman is better than Peterson-- Tackles, Sacks, Forced Fumbles, Pass Defended and INT's.

I think both Sherman and Wilson are both underrated. I think Luck is extremely overrated (though I really like him and see him being a superstar)

Totally agree. Crab OWNS that guy. completely unimpressed with Peterson.

As much as I can't stand him, Sherman is a better corner than either Peanut or Peterson.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's way too low, but it's going to give him a chip on his shoulder. I am beside myself wondering how good he's going to play this year.

Lots of folks are saying he's ranked low because the other players don't like him. While that may be true, most of the guys interviewed about Sherm basically had the attitude of "he talks a lot, but he can back it up, so let him talk".

Marvin49

Reaction score
dunceface":1lrl0q1r said:
-10K votes for Kaep hahaha :th2thumbs:

HEHE.

Sounds like alot of Seattle Seahawk fans are voting. LOL.

J/K.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Marvin49":3n68q70j said:
Hawknballs":3n68q70j said:
wherever aldon smith is on the list he should be at least one spot behind justin smith.

Sigh.

Yup...Justin is the only reason Aldon is any good. No OLB ever had a guy as good as Justin Smith next to him. Clearly thats the case because the 33.5 sacks in his first 2 seasons is a record. ANYONE lining up to Justin Smith could do that. Right?

Everyone LOVES to say Aldon fell off at the end because Justin wasn't in there...but neglect to mention the fact that Aldon was PLAYING HURT.

First off, everyone is hurt that late in the season. We won't know what Aldon Smith can do until he takes the field healthy without Justin Smith. Maybe we'll get a chance in a year or two if Aldon can avoid getting stabbed.

It would be foolish to think that Aldon Smith doesn't benefit from the talent around him, the same as it would be foolish to think that the Seahawks' secondary doesn't benefit from a roaming Earl Thomas.

Many outside Seahawks' fandom discount Russell Wilson's achievements last year do to the talent around him, yet praise Colin Kaeperick without acknowledging the talent on the 49ers roster.

The fact is, no one plays in a vacuum.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love pointing out to 49ers fans slobbering all over Kaepernick that he made it one play further than Alex Smith. They damned near went to the Super Bowl the year before with Mr. Mediocrity at the helm.

Kaepernick's the savior, he's a billion times better than Smith, now we're unstoppable!!!!!!111oneone

Yet ignoring the supreme level of overall talent on the rest of the team that carried them to a play shy of being in the 2012 Super Bowl. :roll:

Disp

Reaction score
Sherman is a great db, and I'm sure he's so low just because of how few games he's played (same with Wilson and Kaepernick). If he continues at the same level as last year then he'll easily be in the top 20 after next season. I don't think any rational person would argue that he wasn't the top CB in the league last year. He was consistently dominant, compared to the 2 CB's that are likely ahead of him in Charles Tillman and Patrick Peterson, who had games where they just got torched. Peterson is probably being rated higher because of his return skills, but he's nowhere close to a top 3 CB.

RolandDeschain":50wmzuc1 said:
I love pointing out to 49ers fans slobbering all over Kaepernick that he made it one play further than Alex Smith. They damned near went to the Super Bowl the year before with Mr. Mediocrity at the helm.

I can tell you didn't think that one through very well Roland. The Hawks made it just as far in the playoffs 2 years ago with Hasselbeck as they did last year with Russell Wilson. Does that diminish the impact Wilson made to the Seahawks last year?

Lithium

Reaction score
Disp":2fxtr9b2 said:
I can tell you didn't think that one through very well Roland. The Hawks made it just as far in the playoffs 2 years ago with Tarvaris Jackson as they did last year with Russell Wilson. Does that diminish the impact Wilson made to the Seahawks last year?

speaking of not thinking through, Tarvaris never led us to playoffs pal

Disp

Reaction score
Ninja edit :). For some reason I was thinking Hasselbeck was gone the year before.

Lithium

Reaction score
still, there is really no comparison though, 49ers had roughly the same team 2yrs ago and last year.

2010's Hasselbeck team was wayyyyy different than the 2012 Wilson led team

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Disp":1s4a4r4p said:
I can tell you didn't think that one through very well Roland. The Hawks made it just as far in the playoffs 2 years ago with Hasselbeck as they did last year with Russell Wilson. Does that diminish the impact Wilson made to the Seahawks last year?

We weren't slobbering all over our team in the 7-9 playoffs year, plus last year, both were on the road. I don't think your response was as well thought-out as you think it was. :)

OP
OP
misfit

misfit

Reaction score
I was watching the reaction show, and Solomon Wilcots was saying Pat Peterson was definitely better than Sherman. Peterson has to be one of the most overrated players in the league. He is always getting burned...

Bakergirl

Reaction score
More fuel for his fire. I like it. The players just did us a favor. :mrgreen: