NFL Network’s Total Access Is Over

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am shocked to learn tonight as I was sitting down to watch today’s program that it is the last episode of the 21-year flagship series.

Apparently the NFL laid off a bunch of employees on the network last month and they are downsizing. As of now Good Morning Football is on hiatus until sometime in the Summer as they transition from NY to LA.

The Insiders is the only current non-replay/rerun broadcast currently in the daily lineup. Rumor has it ESPN will be absorbing the entire network as a way to ensure bid rights for live games when the next round of TV contracts come up in 2030.

Say what you want about these shows but they were my lifeline to the only major sport I have ever loved.

It’s not like they covered the Seahawks much anyways but it still sucks.

Guess I just have to wait until the NFL season to get my fix.

They better not cancel RedZone or I will REALLY lose my sh*t!

Boo!!

knownone

Reaction score
It seemed inevitable, honestly. Expensive studio shows don't make sense in 2024 unless they coincide with a game. If the NFL is smart, they'd run a small podcast with low overhead and have that air during the offseason to have "new" programming.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What do you do for your NFL/Seahawks fix during the offseason? I've tried watching ESPN but outside of ogling that hottie Mina Kimes, it's just a big fat "meh" for me. Bring back NFL Primetime and not on their pay service ESPN+ either.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I am shocked to learn tonight as I was sitting down to watch today’s program that it is the last episode of the 21-year flagship series.

Apparently the NFL laid off a bunch of employees on the network last month and they are downsizing. As of now Good Morning Football is on hiatus until sometime in the Summer as they transition from NY to LA.

The Insiders is the only current non-replay/rerun broadcast currently in the daily lineup. Rumor has it ESPN will be absorbing the entire network as a way to ensure bid rights for live games when the next round of TV contracts come up in 2030.

Say what you want about these shows but they were my lifeline to the only major sport I have ever loved.

It’s not like they covered the Seahawks much anyways but it still sucks.

Guess I just have to wait until the NFL season to get my fix.

They better not cancel RedZone or I will REALLY lose my sh*t!

Boo!!
Remember HBO "Inside the NFL" ?
What's new?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
What do you do for your NFL/Seahawks fix during the offseason? I've tried watching ESPN but outside of ogling that hottie Mina Kimes, it's just a big fat "meh" for me. Bring back NFL Primetime and not on their pay service ESPN+ either.
Agree. Primetime was the best. They can just replay that music over and over and I'd keep watching. Other than .net which accuracy on info rating is an astounding 98.9 percent I don't bother with the offseason much until camp. Nfl burnout syndrome...

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Inside the nfl is still there I think???

Yeah it’s on CW now but it’s just not the same as when it was on HBO with Boomer, Simms and James Brown.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
GMF is the nfl's version of the view...no thanks..

I hear ya but I started watching as it became my morning routine. You start to learn all their nuances, silly segments and it grows on you like a little bump you like to itch.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I have a friend who works for ESPN radio and he has said the time between the draft and training camp is a desert and vacation time it makes up for the combine and draft which is over the top busy

i transitioned from NFL network to football YouTubers about 2 years ago

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I’ll be honest - with everything being overhyped and overpriced I’m about a season or less away from taking up banzai cultivation instead - or maybe I’ll just grow pot.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I’ll be honest - with everything being overhyped and overpriced I’m about a season or less away from taking up banzai cultivation instead - or maybe I’ll just grow pot.

If the NFL keeps partnering with more and more streaming services you have to pay for simply to watch a key matchup I may join you.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
If the NFL keeps partnering with more and more streaming services you have to pay for simply to watch a key matchup I may join you.
You know it’s headed there. I’ll settle for rehabilitation on idiocracy

flv2

Reaction score
Not shocked. The decision to shut things down was probably made months ago but New York headquarters don't let the people involved know until it's too late for those people to stop it. Shutting things down 2 weeks after an NFL Draft is absolutely in keeping with how they've handled things in the past.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
lol it's pretty fun, growing pot that is. it used to be pretty profitable, but those days are over. Still fun though.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There's a lot of great Seahawks content on youtube. Seahawks Forever w/Dan Viens, Locked on Seahawks w/(usually) Rob Rang, Rob Staton, Hawk Blogger, Cigar Thoughts, and others. They're not all as regular, but they add up to a nice mix of stuff over the course of a week.

Latest posts