Need another receiver

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Why would you need a 3rd WR when you have DK and Lockett and the 3 TE's in our roster?

That's part of the reason why Goodwin decided to join the Browns because he wouldn't have that many targets.

Geno will throw the ball to DK 12x
Then throw to Lockett 6x
Then throws to Dissly and Fant 3x each.
Then throws to Parkinson 4x.

As again I really hoped DK wasn't with the team. It's easy to find someone #1 WR. and for Lockett, he would remain as a Seahawk until he retires.
It's still important to have a robust 11 personnel group, and it's incredibly important to have SOME depth when one of your top receivers is aging.

They're thin as hell at WR.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
WR3 isnt a big deal and I would hate for them to use anything but a late round draft pick on one. Cheap free agents at the position are a dime a dozen and all would be suitable. Just grab somebody out of the pool. Maybe even two.

massari

Reaction score
Was hoping they'd sign Parris Campbell, especially for the 1 year 5M cap hit the Giants got him for (only 2.9M Fully Guaranteed)

Last edited:

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I think we are tapped out at FA from what I have heard we will have to restructure a contract or two just so afford our draft picks.
We do need a WR3 in the draft but I think #20 is too early. I would be hoping we get the best available WR at #52 or #83. Hopefully they will then turn into a WR2 by the time Tyler's contract expires.

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
A better WR 3 will make DK and Tyler much better. Teams have decided to eliminate one of those two guys and taking their chances with the other.

Get a third option out there, someone who is a real option every time he’s on the field and everyone benefits, including Geno. Book it.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
3rd WR is very important, always has been.
I agree it's important - just not to me right now -

When we can call the back half of the season properly, and not leave as much on the table as we did with the offense last year - I think we'll have a better season.

I think handcuffs post-Munich on Waldron last season was FAR more damaging than the lack of a blockbuster WR3 body.

But, hey, that's just me. There were plenty of crossing routes and close in stuff that was completely missed last year for the TE group while DK and Lockett were running go routes - ;)

Now, for depth - you've got me there.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It would be great to pick up an heir apparent to Tyler Lockett; he's not getting any younger. That said, I think the Seahawks are unlikely to draft a WR in round 1, but maybe in round 2 at #52. They'll probably pick up a couple projects in late rounds or UDFA. They might still be hoping for Dee Eskridge to show some spark and stay healthy.

I hope they beef up the trenches in the early rounds rather than picking another smallish WR.

CanHawksFan

Reaction score
IMO, picking up a good WR3 in the draft this year isn't just about having a solid 3rd WR right now, but also about grooming some talent to become WR2 as soon as Lockett starts to decline or is no longer worth his contract. I really hope not, but that could happen as early as next year.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well how about that..Gordon guy, is he kicked out permanently?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Why would we draft Jonathon Mingo when we have Drake Young on our roster? Mingo is a similar prospect to Young.
Young and Mingo are similar size I am not sold on Young’s ability or skill who was a 7th rd draft pick that has 2 catches for 24 yards maybe there is a plan for him in 2023

Chevy

Reaction score
Well how about that..Gordon guy, is he kicked out permanently?

Young and Mingo are similar size I am not sold on Young’s ability or skill who was a 7th rd draft pick that has 2 catches for 24 yards maybe there is a plan for him in 2023
John Schneider had said he was disappointed that Young was not used enough last year. So maybe the coaching staff last year wanted more veteran WRs on the field. The GM was high on him after the season, even though he was only a 7th round pick. It's easy to be dismissive of 7th round players, but if the GM was disappointed the the coaching staff not using him then Young just needs the opportunity.

If you want to be sold on prospects then Seahawks should only provide legit starting opportunities to players drafted in the first and second round. After those rounds its a crap shoot.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
John Schneider had said he was disappointed that Young was not used enough last year. So maybe the coaching staff last year wanted more veteran WRs on the field. The GM was high on him after the season, even though he was only a 7th round pick. It's easy to be dismissive of 7th round players, but if the GM was disappointed the the coaching staff not using him then Young just needs the opportunity.

If you want to be sold on prospects then Seahawks should only provide legit starting opportunities to players drafted in the first and second round. After those rounds its a crap shoot.
JS can say he’s disappointed all he wants I see it more as he took a flyer on a guy and hope he works out the coaching staff felt differently

Scout

Reaction score
WR3 is considered a starter by NFL standards today. If you study the structure of a lot of teams that is a similar conclusion that you will come to.

If the Seahawks want to take the jump to the next level upgrading WR3 is right up there than trotting out just another body out there IMO.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
  • Quentin Johnston, TCU, 6-4, 215 pounds, Junior.
  • Jordan Addison, USC, 6-0, 175 pounds, Junior.
  • Zay Flowers, Boston College, 5-10, 172 pounds.
  • Josh Downs, North Carolina, 5-10, 175 pounds, Junior.
  • Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee, 6-0, 185 pounds, Junior.
  • Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State, 6-0, 200 pounds, Junior.

I’m thinking an elite receiver at pick 2 #20

We actually do need a WR3 this year. A rookie is thinking about next year (which is also going to be a need). But shouldn’t you be looking at free agent guys out there?