NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Hawksfanatik":1zre33uv said:
Blitzer88":1zre33uv said:
Well...........I don't see us getting a team any time soon if ever. NBA is dead to me now.........there is no way to properly express my anger right now. I mean clearly this show s that we were just a pawn in the NBA's game.

I know people have been giving you a hard time Blitzer, but I can't disagree.

Sorry, bud :229031_shrug:

What also gets at me as this shows that some of the arrogant Sac reporters were actually right and CD5 was wrong for the most part.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I want to see the NBA in ruins! I want to see that bitch league go up in flames! Scorched Earth!!!!

GCrow

Reaction score
WTF?

Sactown Royalty ‏@sactownroyalty 1h
Media just chased George Maloof into the Bell Stand closet!!! UNREAL!!
Sactown Royalty ‏@sactownroyalty 1h
He is in a closet guys!!!
Sactown Royalty ‏@sactownroyalty 59m
George opened the door for a second and closed when he saw this! pic.twitter.com/fG8iVw5xzP
BKV1aFTCUAAXS x

salamander

Reaction score
Keep your heads high Seattle. You have a great city and great sports teams. We Sacramento fans got to keep our only team, and we're very thankful for it. I'm glad this process appears over and we can get back to chatting about the Seahawks again. Best of luck getting an NBA team in the future; I hope in the meantime you can appreciate and enjoy all the other great things you have in your city that we don't have in ours.
Regards,
Salamander

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3qdf4ld6 said:
stern now completely lying out his ass to essex porter's question about why seattle got hosed and sac got second chance after second chance.

What did he say..?

jkitsune

Reaction score
I personally don't think this is an eternal death knell. There will be a new commissioner and the option of expansion, and I think Seattle will welcome an expansion team with open arms under Hansen and Ballmer. But I think this ends any hopes for next year, certainly.

Time heals all wounds - people swore they'd never want the NBA back when the Sonics left. A lot of those people are desperate for the Sonics' return now. It'll happen.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
salamander":29tmqn9r said:
Keep your heads high Seattle. You have a great city and great sports teams. We Sacramento fans got to keep our only team, and we're very thankful for it. I'm glad this process appears over and we can get back to chatting about the Seahawks again. Best of luck getting an NBA team in the future; I hope in the meantime you can appreciate and enjoy all the other great things you have in your city that we don't have in ours.
Regards,
Salamander
Seriously though, no one cares

I'm really trying not to be a jerk, but no one wants to hear any of what you're saying.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well hearing the conference I have this to say. Stern took his shot right out of the gate at us with the OKC comment. But while he was dodgeing questions about how the past decision was made and then when expansion was brought up started saying yes Seattle, Vancouver, Virginia Beach, KC, all are options he was still leverageing us. I think if they expand they do it with two teams anyway for league balance. I also think with the pre meeting talks to the Maloofs as well as his reference to anticipation of the Maloofs selling to Sacramento there is a deal already done.

The leveraging is to get a second team market ot step up and do what Hansen did, the anticipation of sale is because he has Hansen and Balmer in agreement not to create a problem with the understanding we have a team, just can't be announced. The back up offer not signed is a indicator that they had talked and persuaded Hansen to back down. The aggressive nature of Hansen and Balmer throughout this whole process and to suddenly clam up shouts of a back room brokerage. I'll also wager that Hansen and Balmer get the 30 million back and the NBA is going to compensate the Maloofs in their deal. At least thats what Stern beleives will happen.

Now this could all get blown to hell if he pissed off Balmer and Hansen with his opening salvo. He thinks that the relocation vote will cause Hansen and Balmer to step away, but if the Maloofs decide they are getting shafted and not sell at all and not buy into the Arena plan and hold ownership with a loan for operation from lets say some unknown source and the group in Sacramento desolves due to this wouldn't that open up the door for another sale and force Sacramento to do this all over again?

Playing dirty could happen without a anti trust lawsuit.

Going back to my original thought though, the statement of getting the sale deal done in 24 to 48 hours when everything to this point has taken weeks and months to iron out again screams of a back room agreement.

SilNWest

Reaction score
jkitsune":jrt3ev81 said:
I personally don't think this is an eternal death knell. There will be a new commissioner and the option of expansion, and I think Seattle will welcome an expansion team with open arms under Hansen and Ballmer. But I think this ends any hopes for next year, certainly.

Time heals all wounds - people swore they'd never want the NBA back when the Sonics left. A lot of those people are desperate for the Sonics' return now. It'll happen.

I don't even know man. If we get an expansion team or something I don't even think I'll be that excited or even watch the NBA. I stopped watching the NBA when we lost the Sonics, and I would have started watching again if we got the Kings, but frankly after all this BS the NBA is completely dead to me. I'd feel bad that I wouldn't be supporting Hansen, but at the same time I just don't want to spend my time or money supporting a bunch of crooks who have jerked me and so many other fans around.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":18drvow7 said:

I'm really trying not to be a jerk, but no one wants to hear any of what you're saying.

Took the words out of my mouth.

SilNWest

Reaction score
While we are obviously extremely disappointed with today’s relocation vote and truly believe we put forth both a significantly better offer and Arena plan, we do thank the league and the owners for their time and consideration and look forward to hearing back on our agreement to join the Maloofs as Limited Partners in the Kings.
But most of all I would like to thank everyone in Seattle who has been a part of our effort and supported our cause. Words simply can’t express how much your support has meant to me personally and to our City. I truly believe we did everything possible to put our best foot forward in this process and you all should be proud and hold your heads high today.
Our day will come...and when it does it will just be that much sweeter for the struggle.
I love you Seattle!
http://www.sonicsarena.com/
—Chris Hansen

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Again, NUKE EM TO HELL! I want Sterns blood, I want Clay Clay's blood, and guess what commish in the waiting (Silver) I want your blood over this too! Effff em all!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SilNWest":g7ju9o61 said:
While we are obviously extremely disappointed with today’s relocation vote and truly believe we put forth both a significantly better offer and Arena plan, we do thank the league and the owners for their time and consideration and look forward to hearing back on our agreement to join the Maloofs as Limited Partners in the Kings.
But most of all I would like to thank everyone in Seattle who has been a part of our effort and supported our cause. Words simply can’t express how much your support has meant to me personally and to our City. I truly believe we did everything possible to put our best foot forward in this process and you all should be proud and hold your heads high today.
Our day will come...and when it does it will just be that much sweeter for the struggle.
I love you Seattle!
—Chris Hansen
Not what I wanted to hear, go nuclear HBN!!!!!!!!

vedthree

Reaction score
While we are obviously extremely disappointed with today’s relocation vote and truly believe we put forth both a significantly better offer and Arena plan, we do thank the league and the owners for their time and consideration and look forward to hearing back on our agreement to join the Maloofs as Limited Partners in the Kings. ....
... Our day will come...and when it does it will just be that much sweeter for the struggle.

I love you Seattle!
—Chris Hansen

That, my friends, is Hansen's code for UNLEASH HELL

:snack:

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SilNWest":3ok10ccu said:
I love you Seattle!
—Chris Hansen
Am i the only one that thinks there's something in the works right now? I'm not giving up yet!

jhawk91

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":24ehqu4b said:
salamander":24ehqu4b said:
Regards,
Salamander

Ill be the Jerk then

Salamander, keep your crappy team in your dump city. We will be laughing when the team is moved a few years from now when the team continues to suck and nobody is even going to games and no arena is ever built. That is of course if the NBA isnt crumbling after Hansen nukes the hell out of em and there is a NBA left......that is my hope atleast at this point.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SilNWest":2ohqqem6 said:
I love you Seattle!
—Chris Hansen

I look at that and I see a man that is just fed up and ready to move on. I mean I don't see how they become limited partners with the Maloofs, the NBA is gonna get the Maloofs to sell one way or another.

RealDeal

Reaction score
jhawk91":3i7pwt4g said:
Hawkfan77":3i7pwt4g said:
salamander":3i7pwt4g said:
Regards,
Salamander

Ill be the Jerk then

Salamander, keep your crappy team in your dump city. We will be laughing when the team is moved a few years from now when the team continues to suck and nobody is even going to games and no arena is ever built. That is of course if the NBA isnt crumbling after Hansen nukes the hell out of em and there is a NBA left......that is my hope atleast at this point.
:13:

pinksheets

Reaction score
Well, if we can't watch basketball, we'll just have to watch the fireworks.

If this avenue truly is 100% closed at this point, let me say...THANK GOD we can go back to never talking about/hearing about that dump they call Sternramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.