NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sac

Reaction score
Actually, it's supposed to be called "The Emerald" because Sacramento is known as the city of trees.

True story.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":281pl6ol said:
Actually, it's supposed to be called "The Emerald" because Sacramento is known as the city of trees.

True story.

So y'all just jockin our style huh?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
To me not hearing Kevin Calabro call another Sonics game is the biggest tragedy in all of this. Hall of Fame voice being wasted.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sac will never build the arena. Seattle got punked by the NBA.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":1w875lwm said:
Stern and company can eat a giant bag of hairy dicks.

The level of injustice is astounding. One thing that I don't hear anyone mentioning is what about the 30 million Hansen and company gave to the Maloofs making their contract binding? I could see the potential for some legal action ahead.

They were discussing this on KJR, and it sounds like if Seattle wants to dash any hope of a future team, then a big 'ol lawsuit over the binding contract would be the way to go.

Being a glass half-full kinda guy, I think there will be some developments in the next few weeks that will get our hopes back up. I'm still not ruling out expansion, especially after the NBA brass sees all the vitriol flowing out of Seattle. Believe you me, they would still love to have the NBA back in Seattle, they just need to figure a way to move a different team, or expand. It ain't over guys, but now we're gonna have to wait... again... for things to develop. Having a team here next fall just always sounded too good to be true... And being a life-long Seattlite, I'm used to us getting screwed. Good 'ol Seattle luck, ya know?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
As mush as I love Chris Daniels and his reporting, him trying to convince people about how only the relocation committee voted today and not the finance committee and how things could turn in our favor is kinda sad. Really it just feels like he is trying to feed us false hope.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Sad for the Sonics fans. I would not put it past them to start another ABA type League.

These are people that do not take losing easily.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm ready to call it quits with the NBA. That shitty, crooked league has screwed us one too many times

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ubfp9gc said:
AbsolutNET":1ubfp9gc said:
Kings attendance ranks in the past 5 years...
2012-2013 - 30th (LAST)
2011-2012 - 27th
2010-2011 - 29th
2009-2010 - 29th
2008-2009 - 30th (LAST)

But attendance is part of the reason the Sonics were moved? Sac offers less money, less of a plan and have awful attendance. Stern must genuinely have it out for Seattle

Obviously it wasn't Stern. Couldn't have been. I mean, wasn't the return of the Sonics supposed to be his last hoo-rah? The vote was unanimous, after all.
This is what the Times said: "NBA Commissioner David Stern had said his preference was to not relocate a team, and his support of Sacramento’s offer was likely a critical part of the team staying put."

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3arb2q32 said:
Seahawk Sailor":3arb2q32 said:
AbsolutNET":3arb2q32 said:
Kings attendance ranks in the past 5 years...
2012-2013 - 30th (LAST)
2011-2012 - 27th
2010-2011 - 29th
2009-2010 - 29th
2008-2009 - 30th (LAST)

But attendance is part of the reason the Sonics were moved? Sac offers less money, less of a plan and have awful attendance. Stern must genuinely have it out for Seattle

Obviously it wasn't Stern. Couldn't have been. I mean, wasn't the return of the Sonics supposed to be his last hoo-rah? The vote was unanimous, after all.
This is what the Times said: "NBA Commissioner David Stern had said his preference was to not relocate a team, and his support of Sacramento’s offer was likely a critical part of the team staying put."

Of course it was Stern! I mean there is no other logical explanation as to why the Kings should stay put.

The Outfield

Reaction score
People seem to be forgetting that Bennett chairs the committee. Bennett clearly does not favor Seattle.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Feels like I got sucker punched in the nuts, was starting to feel optimistic :-(

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm shocked.

Like I said, we won on every objective measure.

Better market.
Better television deal.
Better building.
Better corporate support.
Far better spending power per capita.
Better ownership group.
Better arena plan in general.
Better for revenue sharing.
Better chance of a competitive, engaging team (Ranadive has said he wants to use a "moneyball" approach, which means more and more years of constant sucking.)

We're just unquestionably a better city.

We didn't get beat by Sacramento and it's grassroots support, though that'll be the way they mythologize this, we got beat by the backroom politicking of David Stern, yet again.

And good on Sacramento for keeping their team, but I'm not going to be able to help but laugh when either that entire arena deal falls apart, the team ends up moving somewhere else anyhow, or the entire city just goes bankrupt because they thought it wise to give up the ghost to keep that city's only claim to fame (and it's a small one) in town. I want it to blow up in the NBA's face and spoil their public subsidy model forever, because Seattle is done. Maybe the next generation will be willing to go after the NBA again, but I'm checking out.

pinksheets

Reaction score
This must be a real touching moment for Kevin Johnson, not "touching" like his molestation of teenage girls, but in the emotional way.

JOz56

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3rrd8v2c said:
I'm over it. I don't want an exapsion team. Forget the NBA.

Yup. This. Screw that league. I'll laugh next lockout when they are asking for more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":39yd7jzb said:
Wow...

NBA is finished
There fixed if for ya! The NBA is again officially dead to me now! Since this isn't the shack I'll leave it at that

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":1eg22tiy said:
Stern and company can eat a giant bag of hairy dicks.

The level of injustice is astounding. One thing that I don't hear anyone mentioning is what about the 30 million Hansen and company gave to the Maloofs making their contract binding? I could see the potential for some legal action ahead.
Sue the NBA and put that lyin sack of S that is the little man stern on the stand and under oath and he will perjure himself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts