NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1rb6hw9d said:
Not gonna lie, I felt a little something in my eye reading Hansen's comments.

I got choked up as well as I knew that our best chance to ever get the NBA back just got pissed away.

Throwdown

Reaction score
It ain't over til they say its over, we gotta wait a little bit. But the fact they are opening tv talks now, along with how many times they mentioned expansion without being ask about it.

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I think as long as Hansen keeps a dialogue with Silver we'll get the Sonics back

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":2dvnij4g said:
It ain't over til they say its over, we gotta wait a little bit. But the fact they are opening tv talks now, along with how many times they mentioned expansion without being ask about it.

Maybe I'm an eternal optimist, but I think as long as Hansen keeps a dialogue with Silver we'll get the Sonics back

Man....I wish I could see the good in this like you, but really I see no hope in the end. Seattle will be played again and already have been.

SE174

Reaction score
Max Unger ‏@MaxUnger60 7m
“@heydtrain: @MaxUnger60 I'm a huge Sacramento fan, I can't believe you want us to lose our team Mr Unger. Hurtful” pic.twitter.com/6usI19sMCt

BKW7ao5CQAAUgrM.jpg:large

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If they don't nuke the NBA and Stern with anti-trust lawsuits I'm pretty much done! I'm way tired of the NBA's circus......The NBA's "promises" don't mean jack period! Seattle will be forever used as a pawn by the NBA if it (HBN) doesn't fight back and punch the NBA and Stern right in the mouth with litigation. Playing nice twice hasn't gotten us a team, time to try a different plan by fighting back and start dictating to the NBA whats going to happen, and if it doesn't do so in a timely matter, they will pay the anti-trust lawsuit consequences!!!!

SE174

Reaction score
Taking it to the courts isn't going to get us a team, but rather ensure that we don't. From what I've heard, deputy commish Silver really likes Hansen. Stern needs to GTFO NOW. Slimeball POS.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SE174":35nb7v7w said:
Taking it to the courts isn't going to get us a team, but rather ensure that we don't. From what I've heard, deputy commish Silver really likes Hansen. Stern needs to GTFO NOW. Slimeball POS.
Actually that's HOW Seattle got the Mariners, via lawsuit or threat of one. Odds are Silver is Stern 2.0, he's Stern's handpicked toady. IMHO if you want Seattle to get used as a PAWN for the NBA for the rest of eternity, do as you suggested. Hardball is the only language these assclowns in the NBA understand!

JOz56

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1g9oovsi said:
SE174":1g9oovsi said:
Actually that's HOW Seattle got the Mariners, via lawsuit or threat of one. Odds are Silver is Stern 2.0, he's Stern's handpicked toady. IMHO if you want Seattle to get used as a PAWN for the NBA for the rest of eternity, do as you suggested. Hardball is the only language these assclowns in the NBA understand!

Yup, unless they're keeping expansion underwraps for now but have a signed agreement, I'm all for the courts. We might not get anything out of it, but I sure as hell don't mind mucking up any future dealings that the NBA has going on. If I'm a billionaire and I see this, there is no way in hell I am buying into the league. There is no way I am going to allow the NBA to use us as pawns ever again, so burn all the bridges between here and ever.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I personally think the NBA will expand to 30 teams by 2016 and that's when Seattle will get a team back.

Why 2016? That's when the NBA has a new TV deal to work out.

JOz56

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3n98x54l said:
I personally think the NBA will expand to 30 teams by 2016 and that's when Seattle will get a team back.

Why 2016? That's when the NBA has a new TV deal to work out.

We'll see. At this point if/when they expand I expect to see a team in KC and Little Rock.

cesame

Reaction score
salamander":3i0gnzga said:
seahawk2k":3i0gnzga said:
Revisionist history on salamander's part. You didn't say that our lack of fan support was one of the reasons the Sonics left?

All you have ever had to say is that you know that Seattle is a far better market, with a more expansive fan base, with deeper pockets and better basketball history than Sacramento and that the fact that you still have a team is a gift from the league. Literally none of that whatsoever is disputable. You have disputed this. You have disputed that we have a better arena plan, that our city is in a far better economic situation, that we as fans were powerless in 2008. Its inarguable. Love your city, enjoy the Kings, but don't come here and try to rationalize it, like you deserved it.

And put yourself in our shoes, twice now, in situations where we, as fans, have no power, twice, the nba has picked a smaller, weaker market with a smaller potential for growth than us. How would you feel?

I never said any of that. My view is that your city and plan was obviously better, but the Kings still deserved the team because it was already theirs and they did everything they needed to keep it

I agree with this point of view.

I don't see the Montreal screwjob here. Kevin Johnson asked Stern what he had to do to get the Kings to stay, Stern said xyz, Johnson went out and did xyz.

TheIllusiveMan

Reaction score
Hello there Seattle.

How are you today? I'm sure you know by now and oh boy do your tears taste delicious. A little too salty though. I can see why, not only did you get chosen over by a superior market, but you have that constantly depressing weather up there to go along with the aura of mediocrity known as the city of Seattle. A town full of nothing but failure. So sad. Clearly the NBA sees the far superior value in California over Washington. California is superior in every possible category, and it isn't even remotely close. There's also the fact that we constantly dominate you in sports year after year. I'd be angry too.

Support your other teams so the same doesn't happen again. The saying is so true, silence is golden isn't it?

Suck it sore losers!

Shots fired.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wow took almost 7 hours for you to figure out how to get here for your one and done post, your really special, I agree that California is higher in many factors, debt, Cities going bankrupt, more illegal aliens, higher crime rate, more pollution, much higher commute times. Yes California is special, now dominationg is sports, I guess that may be true, since you have ten teams to every one of ours in any given sport, your record is a bit better. But then again it would take ten of everything to equal one of Washington.

You did not win anything by the way, there is nothing completed except a no vote on relocation, Your Arena is offer the Kings is already getting Lawsuits lined up, the sale has not been approved as of yet, the Maloofs have not decided if they want to sell as of yet to the Sacramento group. Yes the writing on the wall looks to be favoring the Kings, but not because of anything Superior, it is because the NBA all but filled out your paper work and held hands all the way thru the process. Given left on their own this would have fell apart and never got off the ground. Stern had a allie in Kevin Johnson as Mayor, maybe if we would have had Lenny Wilkens as the City of Seattles Mayor it may have turned out differently. Nothing in the Sacamentos offer on any scale was even close to what Seattle offered. The fact that Stern thru a shot our way out of the gate saying he had to get to the OKC game in many minds points to his anomosity towards Seattle.

Only solice we have is that he watched the GRIZZLIES eliminate the OKC team tonight.

TheIllusiveMan

Reaction score
Please. Seattle is supposedly a world class city but loses franchise to Sacramento and Oklahoma City, that says a lot about your mediocre market. Your pro teams,college teams, fans, and politicians consistently fold and bend over to any type of tension and pressure. Seattle is a city of choke artists. Nothing more, nothing less. CA is the state of champions. Sacramento is a bottom feeder in the state, below LA, SF, SD, and San Jose and yet you still couldn't beat them out for a team. Come on now Seattle. Step it up. When are you going to pop this bubble of losing?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
One of two things should happen: this idiot troll should be banned or this topic should be shacked so we could let this idiot troll know how we feel about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.