MRob has physical with Seahawks tomorrow (confirmed by team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kubar7ph said:
even odder that Robinson didn't catch on somewhere else after being cut. Which is what worries me now. I guess we'll find out more after his physical.

Fullbacks are a dying breed in the NFL. Robinson is a nice pass catching FB who is a decent blocker but not necessarily the wrecking ball FB teams want as an extra blocker. Nor is he a change of pace running back.

He's great for what we need though.

BattleOfSeattle

Reaction score
Hawknballs":ph5l07r4 said:
Sgt. Largent":ph5l07r4 said:
even odder that Robinson didn't catch on somewhere else after being cut. Which is what worries me now. I guess we'll find out more after his physical.

Fullbacks are a dying breed in the NFL. Robinson is a nice pass catching FB who is a decent blocker but not necessarily the wrecking ball FB teams want as an extra blocker. Nor is he a change of pace running back.

This.

Vontae Leach, a perennial All-Pro fullback for the last 3 seasons, was cut by Baltimore this last offseason. He remained a free agent for nearly 7 weeks before re-signing with the Ravens. There's just not a very big market for fullbacks anymore, as many NFL teams don't utilize them.

I hope we sign him.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":im10ww21 said:
CANHawk":im10ww21 said:
Sgt. Largent":im10ww21 said:
Has there been any concrete information about what exactly was going on with Robinson's health?

To go from a Pro Bowl Fullback to out of the league in one year is a real head scratcher, AND not being picked up by any team after being cut? Just doesn't make sense.

Well, not to nit-pick, but it's been 2 years since MRob was a pro bowl fullback. He went to Hawaii in 2011.

Too late, you nit-picked.

Just an odd sort of ailment is what I was getting at, even odder that Robinson didn't catch on somewhere else after being cut. Which is what worries me now. I guess we'll find out more after his physical.

If only I had a time machine.....

The physical will tell all though. With the amount of pub this is getting (and the lack of either party saying anything to the conrtary) it will be very telling in they don't sign him.

I have to admit though; I'm curious about Marecic. He was the most highly touted FB coming out i can remember in recent memory. Why'd he flame out in Cleveland and why's he available now? It'd be interesting to see if they bring him in if MRob fails the physical...

mikeak

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1033svcu said:
Sgt. Largent":1033svcu said:

Plus the value to the Seahawks is greater than for any other team with him knowing the system, players and coaches.... Even if there was a more skilled fullback out there we would go for Robinson since it is the middle of the season

Hawknight

Reaction score
Question is how many weeks of practice would it take before he could actually play in a game? Just curious.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawknight":3l75hy6w said:
Question is how many weeks of practice would it take before he could actually play in a game? Just curious.

I feel like they could plug him in right away. He knows the schemes. Some people are worried about his endurance level, but we're only playing Coleman about 8-16 snaps now. If Mike Rob has stayed in shape, he should be able to play eight snaps without a problem IMO. If he proves to be more effective than Coleman, then we can ramp up his snaps as the season goes on. At max, he'll only be on the field about 30% of the time.

SE174

Reaction score
chawx":3bqztj39 said:
I think it's safe to assume that if we bring him back, Lynch will thank the Seahawks with a 600 yard rushing game against the Rams...

Actually not TOO far beyond the realm of possibility, I think the Rams were 30th or so in the league against the run this year. Beast is gonna have a good game on MNF regardless... but add in that it's a MNF (remember his run on MNF against Philly a few years ago?), how he played against the Cards, then add in MRob? That's just leading the lambs to the slaughter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SE174":20y5okiy said:
chawx":20y5okiy said:
I think it's safe to assume that if we bring him back, Lynch will thank the Seahawks with a 600 yard rushing game against the Rams...

Actually not TOO far beyond the realm of possibility, I think the Rams were 30th or so in the league against the run this year. Beast is gonna have a good game on MNF regardless... but add in that it's a MNF (remember his run on MNF against Philly a few years ago?), how he played against the Cards, then add in MRob? That's just leading the lambs to the slaughter.

Sounds awesome, but it'd take Robinson at least 2-3 weeks to get his practice on and get into game shape.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1depdbl0 said:
SE174":1depdbl0 said:
chawx":1depdbl0 said:

Sounds awesome, but it'd take Robinson at least 2-3 weeks to get his practice on and get into game shape.

I don't agree at all. If he's been working out, he could join the team Tuesday and be playing on MNF. Sure, they'd have to limit his snaps, but he wasn't getting a ton of snaps anyway. I suspect he could handle four to six special teams snaps, and eight to ten offensive snaps, with no issues at all.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
BocciHawk":16g9b9w0 said:
Sgt. Largent":16g9b9w0 said:
SE174":16g9b9w0 said:
chawx":16g9b9w0 said:

I don't agree at all. If he's been working out, he could join the team Tuesday and be playing on MNF. Sure, they'd have to limit his snaps, but he wasn't getting a ton of snaps anyway. I suspect he could handle four to six special teams snaps, and eight to ten offensive snaps, with no issues at all.

Yeah... if he passes the physical, I expect he's in 'game shape' for the amount of snaps a FB would get.

What else would he need to know? the terminology is the same. He already knows it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is awesome news, though I remember seeing him on NFL Network following his release and dude looked like he dropped some major weight/muscle mass. Whatever virus he had wiped him out pretty good.

That said, would it surprise me if hes been hitting the weight room hard getting back up to speed? Not at all.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2o25k2u0 said:
This is awesome news, though I remember seeing him on NFL Network following his release and dude looked like he dropped some major weight/muscle mass. Whatever virus he had wiped him out pretty good.

That said, would it surprise me if hes been hitting the weight room hard getting back up to speed? Not at all.

Can you find out what that virus was?

I need it :th2thumbs:

Basis4day

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":36xelhf7 said:
Hasselbeck":36xelhf7 said:

It wasn't the virus that did it. It was the meds. It seriously messed up his renal system.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... m-to-call/

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Basis4day":3lnhw2sf said:
CortezKennedyfan":3lnhw2sf said:
Hasselbeck":3lnhw2sf said:

It wasn't the virus that did it. It was the meds. It seriously messed up his renal system.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... m-to-call/

So he shit his brains out for weeks?

kearly

Reaction score
They are probably testing him for whatever bug he had before, so I'm assuming it's not a routine physical and might require extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.