Moving the pocket

drdevin

Reaction score
Looking back over the last few games it appears obvious that the more Wilson get's out of the pocket..... the better. Our line has shown som serious problems maintaining a suitable line of defense for him and in the first halves of the previous three games, we're struggling to get the offense going. I think Bevell needs to give Wilson more of an option to either run or throw from the outside. Defenses are having a field day teeing off on the the little guy too much for my liking. Once Wilson get's outside he has more time to make plays and stress the defense allowing players like Tate or Balwin ample room to get open.

seabowl

Reaction score
I have been saying this too. When Wilson stays in the pocket with this OL he has been getting bombarded. However when he rolls out it buys much needed time for him to either find an open receiver downfield, check down to a TE or RB, or run himself. We need to keep having him roll out to be successful.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I agree. But it shouldn't be our first option. We are still a run first team. If we just keep having Russ roll out, defenses will pick it up way too easily. I wouldn't put too much stress on our O-line due to our injuries right now. 100% healthy we are solid when it comes to both lines. Not the best, but solid. The great thing about Russ is he has incredible instincts and can dodge tackles very effectively. He wears defenses out, too.

BUT.........we need to run the football.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I agree to an extent. I think we can still utilize the game plans but Bev needs to recognize when we are getting blown up earlier and introduce some of those options to slow the rush. It should not take until the 4th qtr to try a roll out option play when we needed it in the 1st qtr. That is my main complaint....adjust faster by having those predetermined adjustments all ready to go.

formido

Reaction score
Before this game, we had the #5 offense in the NFL by DVOA. That's not struggling.

In this game, we were missing 3 offensive lineman, at 10am, against a top 3 defensive line. There is almost nothing you can learn about the offense from this game.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
If we can beat the Houston defense with this line and this playbook we can beat any team's defense with this line and this playbook. Did you hear that San Fran fans? Any team!

Rocket

Reaction score
v1rotv2":19kxfyx1 said:
If we can beat the Houston defense with this line and this playbook we can beat any team's defense with this line and this playbook. Did you hear that San Fran fans? Any team!

Farkling A, Brudda. :th2thumbs: