Most hated teams

furi0usbee

Reaction score
hawker232":2jjfn7cn said:
St. Louis (well, I guess Las Angeles), Carolina and New England.

Shame you can't be there with us in Santa Clara...

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I don't hate any teams either.

But I do think this group go down as one of the best ever and until we are in that discussion - I am annoyed at every team in our way.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Don't really dislike any teams, more single players than anything. The Rams do a good job making me dislike them though. Cam Newton celebrating 6 yard runs bugs me.

I actually like the Patriots but hate their fans. What they've done is impressive no matter how you feel about them always toeing the sketchy line. Live in Boston, 'pink hat fans' is very accurate. Loud and in your face if the teams winning, couldn't care less about the team if they aren't. The Red Sox most recent WS win surrounded by last place seasons has been hilarious to watch the fans go from taunting to careless. Also for a fanbase that has won sooo much over the past decade, they whine and complain more than anyone else about the smallest things. Any loss IMMEDIATELY creates a list of excuses.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
furi0usbee":uz30gcxe said:
hawker232":uz30gcxe said:
St. Louis (well, I guess Las Angeles), Carolina and New England.

Shame you can't be there with us in Santa Clara...
It's a shame we don't play in a paddy-cake division like the cheatriots do. It's also a shame if you are trolling.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Not a Hawks fan and don't really hate any teams, but top 5, in order:

1) Cowboys: Just because they were rivals with the 9ers for so long, and that history creates a rivalry in my head that still makes those games extra meaningful.

2) Same story with the Rams, although not nearly as much.

3) Seriously don't hate the Raiders at all, but as a 9ers fan losing to them stings just a smidgen more because of location.

4) Seriously don't dislike the team or any of the players (actually really, really like some of the players and don't dislike any of them, although I think a few are overrated), but as Robert Klemko said this morning of Seahawks fans, "The self-importance of some members of that fan base is starting to get annoying." For me I think this is probably just an effect of posting here though, and having much more exposure to the Hawks fanbase than any other fanbase (including the 9ers probably).

5) Patriots, although that's changed back in the past year or two. The problems for me were that they've been so good for so long, and I didn't like the thought of Tom Brady bumping Joe Montana in "best in history" talk. But, they've been so damn good for so damn long I've softened on both of those things, and annoyance at how good they've been has turned into curiosity about if they can still keep it up, and so far, they have. Weird the way this works, as that they're still doing it has sort of made me go from rooting against them to rooting for them, just because that they're still doing it is kinda neat.

EDIT: And a Top 5 for "soft spots" for teams:

1) Packers. Rodgers is just great to watch, and the relationship between that fanbase and that team will just never be matched. Love the history, love that only two players on their entire roster were drafted by other teams, and love the loyalty of their fans.

2) Browns. Perpetual re-spawning underdogs. In retrospect everything in the last decade that looked like a step forward for them was actually two steps back. Hard to root against that.

3) Eagles. Mom's fam is from Philly, and I love that city. Nothing too complicated about it.

4) Bills. Another sympathy vote. Lost four Super Bowls in a row, as a result are basically a joke for making it to four Super Bowls in a row.

5) Any and all teams whose fanbases have yet to enjoy a Super Bowl win. If you don't have one, I'm rooting for you to get one.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I'm not a Seahawks fan either, but....

#1: Dallas - Too many Memories of those early 90's games.
#2: Seattle - Same deal as Dallas, just more recent.
#3: New England - Not really hate as much as just being tired of them.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":10bmz3q0 said:
#3: New England - Not really hate as much as just being tired of them.

Dude, play with the idea of making the transition from "ughh, I'm so sick of them being good" to "dude, is it possible that they can keep on being good?!?!?"

Basically if in your mind you adopt a "nobody can be this good for this long!" stance they almost kind of become underdogs again, and you just get to think about how you're seriously watching history in the making.

It's fun.

9ers don't have any history with the Pats either, so it's super low-stakes.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1vtfq0pp said:
OP, were you hoping we'd say Green Bay?

Have to imagine it was more out of curiosity than hoping for that.

As I see it Packers fans have two good reasons to dislike the Seahawks, and Seahawks fans don't really have any good reasons to dislike to the Packers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1n27svx2 said:
HawkFan72":1n27svx2 said:

As I see it Packers fans have two good reasons to dislike the Seahawks, and Seahawks fans don't really have any good reasons to dislike to the Packers.

Honestly, I think Green Bay has gotta really hate the entire NFC West right now. NFC West has eliminated them in the playoffs for 4 years in a row.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hate the team...naw...hate some of the arrogant fans naw...that is just the fanaticism of the game. Now some of the owners and their mealy ways of making things go their way just so they can make more money and win by cheating and deceiving, ya I could go there. The way they dumped Tom Landry...Dallas is pissed on...but that would mean if they were dying of thirst, they are no longer...so instead of that, a shart may be better. :twisted:

I think this is also the reason coaches are fired in the format they are now, too. So they set a bad precedent and it continues....

That is all.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Marvin49":1mp2nep2 said:
Popeyejones":1mp2nep2 said:
HawkFan72":1mp2nep2 said:

Honestly, I think Green Bay has gotta really hate the entire NFC West right now. NFC West has eliminated them in the playoffs for 4 years in a row.

5 of their last 6 losses in the playoff have come at the hands of the NFC west...in 2009 they lost to the cards...3 of those 5 games they lost in OT too, and in 2013 they lost to the 49ers with no time left on the clock with a game winning FG. The 5th game they let Kaep run for 180 yards with 2 TD, making him 15th ALL TIME single game rushing yards in the playoff, just too funny

If you look at it....its pretty funny actually

1998- Lost to 49ers
2001- Beat 49ers then lose to Rams
2009- Lost to Cards
2012- Lose to 49ers
2013- Lose to 49ers
2014- Lose to Seahawks
2015- Lose to Cards

The last 12 times they lost in the playoffs 7 times it was ended by the NFC west :lol:

ctrcat

Reaction score
Dismas":30pkr4pm said:
Hawk_Nation":30pkr4pm said:
Decimation":30pkr4pm said:
The Carolina Panthers.

Why hate a team with such a shitty history? :D

Shaq Thompson made a vine saying "Seahawk fans . . EFF YOU, and Eff the seahawks "

only he used real words, not effs, so now I decided I hate me some panthers

I'd love to get into the mind of Shaq. Brock Huard gave Panther fans an assurance after the draft that they couldn't have chosen a higher character guy, and I've neither seen nor heard anything otherwise since.

rigelian

Reaction score
I hate the cowboys. I was a 49ers fan in the early 70s. My parents, both Texans, were Cowboys fans. Nuff said. Cowboys always beat them in the playoffs. After that the 49ers, mostly due to the fact that I now live in the bay area. I can't decide whether I hate the Patriots or Broncos more. The Broncos because of the old AFC West rivalry and the Patriots, because of the fans.

Although, to be honest, I really really can't stand the Cowboys. They're probably the only team I hate.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":25hglf2v said:
... If they're not the Seahawks, they suck and I hope they lose every game. Unless I need them to win to benefit the Seahawks. Then I hate them more if they lose that game.
Bwahaha! So freakin' true..... :th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Stealers and it ain't even close. Here's a couple of reasons:

1. The fiasco that was XL*
2. Mike Tomlin literally trips an opposing player and gets a slap on the wrist
3. The schedule is "reset" so they don't visit Seattle for like 16 years and it's conveniently soon after XL*
4. Their QB is a rapist that should've spent time in prison
5. The Immaculate Deception....Franco won't say whether he caught it or not which means he didn't
6. Scheduling perks e.g......They were given a bye week before finally visiting Seattle this year. They got to play 9ers at home 10:00 AM Pacific time the Sunday following 9ers having to play til nearly midnight on MONDAY night previous
7. Shazier gets no punishment for egregious hit vs. Bungles in WC round game and NFL spins it.

And they go on and on. Those are just some off the top of my head.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
chris98251":22kdiji2 said:
138319609.jpg

Winner.