Monday Night Was Proof

W

Welshers

Of what I have said all along: the LOB wins at least 2 SBs with Matt Flynn or nearly any other NFL starting qb. There would never be that interception on the goal line and the band would never have been broken up by one man's ego.

Without Wilson the LoB stays together and we have the cap space to continue building a team around them post 2015. I think with Mark Sanchez on a minimum contract this team wins 3 titles.

camdawg

Reaction score
Of what I have said all along: the LOB wins at least 2 SBs with Matt Flynn or nearly any other NFL starting qb. There would never be that interception on the goal line and the band would never have been broken up by one man's ego.

Without Wilson the LoB stays together and we have the cap space to continue building a team around them post 2015. I think with Mark Sanchez on a minimum contract this team wins 3 titles.
Nonsense. If Flynn was that good, why didn't he catch on anywhere else? Why couldn't the Hawks close the deal in the Tarvaris year and make the playoffs, instead of choking to the Skins and Niners at home?

Watch SB 48 again. Russ led us to scores on how many consecutive possessions to start the game? He was a bad spot and very good Bronco defensive play in the endzone away from leading us to TDs on our first five or six possessions with the ball. If Flynn or Tarvaris are playing QB for us that day, we have to punt a few times. We give Denver the chance to catch their breath and play more conservatively on offense, since we're not pulling away on the scoreboard. Russ was on fire that day at MetLife. It was the offense scoring every time they got the ball, that gave Denver no chance to catch their breath.

We DID have the cap space to keep the D together even with Russ. The only guy that didn't get a big second contract here was Bruce. Everyone else on D got paid. If you're going to say Browner wasn't...maybe his "issues" had more to do with it than cap room did.

I get it, we're all supposed to hate Russ now and blame him for everything. But if he was a diva, he was one amongst many. And the many aren't any more honest about their role in destroying the team spirit than Russ has been. And that includes the LOB. Who held each other accountable, but refused to be held accountable by anyone else.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Russ was dropping dimes to that one receiver who had his best game during that SB and then never really did much again. What was his name ? They were perfectly thrown passes that kept us in the game. I think Russ was instrumental in getting us in position to win that game. I don't know if Matt Flynn could have done that.

Of course, the whole offense would have been different all year without Russ, so it's really difficult to say.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Nonsense. If Flynn was that good, why didn't he catch on anywhere else? Why couldn't the Hawks close the deal in the Tarvaris year and make the playoffs, instead of choking to the Skins and Niners at home?

Watch SB 48 again. Russ led us to scores on how many consecutive possessions to start the game? He was a bad spot and very good Bronco defensive play in the endzone away from leading us to TDs on our first five or six possessions with the ball. If Flynn or Tarvaris are playing QB for us that day, we have to punt a few times. We give Denver the chance to catch their breath and play more conservatively on offense, since we're not pulling away on the scoreboard. Russ was on fire that day at MetLife. It was the offense scoring every time they got the ball, that gave Denver no chance to catch their breath.

We DID have the cap space to keep the D together even with Russ. The only guy that didn't get a big second contract here was Bruce. Everyone else on D got paid. If you're going to say Browner wasn't...maybe his "issues" had more to do with it than cap room did.

I get it, we're all supposed to hate Russ now and blame him for everything. But if he was a diva, he was one amongst many. And the many aren't any more honest about their role in destroying the team spirit than Russ has been. And that includes the LOB. Who held each other accountable, but refused to be held accountable by anyone else.
We had a safety followed by two field goals. Marshawn scored on a drive after a pick by Kam. Malcolm scored a pick-six, and then Percy had the kickoff return for a TD.

The first TD pass came with about three minutes left in the third quarter when Kearse made that crazy move to evade two defenders. Then Doug made his own nifty move to get into the end zone in the fourth quarter.

We likely would not have gotten to the Super Bowl without Russ, but he was good, not spectacular, in the actual game.

Last edited:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Matt Flynn? We are talking about Matt Flynn?! The guy who played for 7 different teams and had a total of 7 starts in his career? This Matt Flynn? 🤦🏻 His “legacy “ is based off of 1 good game with the Packers where he there for 480 yards and 6 TDs. Nice game for sure. Crappy career. His career TD/int is 17/11. Go on thinking he would have brought two Lombardis. 7 teams say definitively NO!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I suspect this dribble will be posted 3 years from now too. So......take it for what it is. Matt Flynn? hilarious.

Anthony!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I suspect this dribble will be posted 3 years from now too. So......take it for what it is. Matt Flynn? hilarious.

Anthony!
Don't be intellectually dishonest soulfishhawk! I also said mark Sanchez would win multiple sbs alone! It's not just about Matt Flynn (who had the greatest game in packers history by the way)!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I had felt for some time that Welshers was doing some kind of parody, but of what or whom I was unable to say. I knew there was something humorous in it for him, but had to admit the humor was whooshing harmlessly over my old-man head. I only started to get a notion of whom he might be parodying when I saw some of the weak sauce posted by "Failed" (with an "I" and a big fat "L" for Wilson and his new team) in the wake of the Seahawks' fantastic Monday-night victory. When "Failed" started talking about how he "goes against the grain," and then people go to him in private messages later wondering "how did you know," I recognized some of the stuff Welshers has been saying lately. So Welshers, nice job. Your parody of "Failed" is actually pretty funny, now that I finally get it.