Mitch Haniger

ivotuk

Reaction score
SEATTLE MARINERS -- Mitch Haniger ‘remarkable’ in Mariners return — will it lead to a deal?

...he had two in back-to-back days in the Mariners’ recent series win over the Cleveland Guardians, hitting a three-run homer in a 3-1 victory on Thursday, then coming up with the walk-off RBI single in the 11th inning of a 3-2 win the next night

(he also had a nifty swim move on a slide to ensure himself a double earlier in that game).

Shannon Drayer: Let’s go back to a couple of years ago when he first was playing well, his teammates called him ‘our captain.’ They don’t have an official captain but they called him ‘our captain’ because of the way he carried himself, because of the way he went about his business.

And then because of that, when he got on the field they had that confidence in him and he comes up big in the big moments. … He’s prepared for those moments with the work he puts in, the mental side of things. That’s one of the reasons why everybody feels good when he steps up to the plate in those situations.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The fact that he comes back from injuries and is on point almost right away..........that's unusually clutch.

sutz

Reaction score
I certainly hope they sign him long term, at least 3-4 years. I know, the injury thing, but you can't really predict that, and he's a legitimate team leader. Classy guy, too.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I have a feeling Yanks or Bos will try to sign him . Hope not.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't have to worry when Hani is batting.. he's a comfort in our hit or miss offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
this ^^^^
He is exactly what this offense needs. Some legit, consistent CLUTCH hitting. He is the definition of clutch.