Metcalf and Taylor scuffle during practice

emurri

Reaction score
I would have to put my money on Taylor in that fight.

rcaido

Reaction score
You would think after getting paid he would have a cooler head. I wonder how many episodes he will have this season.

keasley45

Reaction score
These guys are gonna surprise some people this year.

The identity of this team is shifting again and I love it. Russ was great, but he didn't have the 'killer' in his persona. Ice in his veins and fiery on that game winning drive, but not the ember that lit the fire at the heart of the team week in and week out.

We demanded respect when ADB, Lynch, Browner, Sherm, Kam, et al., laid the smack down, told you they were gonna do it beforehand, and made sure you remembered it after. We won games because teams couldn't match our intensity, and every week, they scrapped and fought to be the best, together and individually. They were competing not just for the sake of the team, but to be the razor sharp tip of the Hawk's sword.

Pete neutered that spirit by squashing that fire when it threatened the psyche of his QB. With that plug removed, the flame is re-lit.

ADB would get chippy with the D and Lynch... well, he didn't have to say much. The offense had fire. We haven't had that in quite a while, on either side of the ball, let alone both.

Can't wait for the season to start .

olyfan63

Reaction score
"Anguh... is more useful that despaih" - Arnold S.
Glad to see that both DK and Darrell Taylor have that knowledge in their subroutines.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The identity of this team is shifting again and I love it. Russ was great, but he didn't have the 'killer' in his persona. Ice in his veins and fiery on that game winning drive, but not the ember that lit the fire at the heart of the team week in and week out.

Geno and Lock do? Lol

kidhawk

Reaction score
A WR and a LB?
Coincidentally DK commented after his extension how he’d got into it with a LB in his rookie year training camp. He went on to explain how afterwards Bobby Wagner took him aside. I don’t recall the rest of that story at the moment but it was unsurprisingly speaking highly of Bobby.

toffee

Reaction score
Coincidentally DK commented after his extension how he’d got into it with a LB in his rookie year training camp. He went on to explain how afterwards Bobby Wagner took him aside. I don’t recall the rest of that story at the moment but it was unsurprisingly speaking highly of Bobby.
Thanks for sharing, DK thinks very highly of Bobby, he tweeted that Bobby was a mentor and show him how to conduct himself as a professional on and off the field. In the same tweet, DK also thank Russ for teaching him how to swim.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Two Dawgs sorting out which one is really the alpha. Happy both are are on our team. Interesting the two early advertised big dogs from each unit are the combatants.

They will be at it a few more times I’d bet, neither has the personality to back down from a scrap. There will undoubtedly be a coaching intervention to hopefully cause their competitive hostility to be redirected in a team way.

In the end the two units O and D are trying to assert dominance over the other. This is going to be fun to watch.

Last edited:

rcaido

Reaction score
Other players i will give benefit of the doubt...how many times has metcalf lost his cool? His maturity has been suspect.

He reminds me of cam newton. Raw physical elite attributes. Flamboyant diva and just a drain when he gets into his mood. I doubt he will finish his new contract in seattle.