Max Unger hikes the ball low sometimes

Basis4day

Reaction score
We need him back. Nitpickers be damned. He calls protections and is essential to the O-Line.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Schilling has been dreadful. Snaps all over the place. Centers are also responsible for zone run calls, so Unger (and Miller) out means our run game is limited.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I kind of agree. Shilling is playing out of position. We all knew Unger would miss time this season with injury. The moment we lost our #2 center JS should have been working the phone lines to find us a new starter. So while we need Unger back its foolish to believe he can remain healthy. We need a stud center a lot more than we need a big receiver from Tampa. Let Norwood be the big receiver and find us a center!

and I'm still scratching my head on the botched snap when Russell was under center and Schilling completely missed him. TV closed in tight on the replay and the ball never even appeared in the picture.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
northseahawk":30pul8sl said:
Unger is horrible too. But gotta go with least horrible I guess.

Because he hikes the ball low sometimes?

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
and I'm still scratching my head on the botched snap when Russell was under center and Schilling completely missed him. TV closed in tight on the replay and the ball never even appeared in the picture.

Thought the ball was snapped at ground level and appeared to bounce off Wilson's shoes on the replay?

bandiger

Reaction score
I miss JPL so much, could be a reason why Wilson might have been off on some passes.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3nhou0oc said:
bandiger":3nhou0oc said:
I miss JPL so much, could be a reason why Wilson might have been off on some passes.
You mean LJP?
I'm pretty sure he meant Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Wilson's robotics seem off on his passes.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2l8u7ck5 said:
northseahawk":2l8u7ck5 said:
Unger is horrible too. But gotta go with least horrible I guess.

Because he hikes the ball low sometimes?

Hikes the ball low most of the time and most importantly cant block for shit. I can't tell what how he does with calls.

CPHawk

Reaction score
It's funny how random hawk fans think they know more about centers than NFL coaches and playes, who voted Max all pro.

mikeak

Reaction score
The average hike position of the ball seemed good to me

Half of them low and the other half high

tdigitee

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":16ekjrpg said:
Thought the ball was snapped at ground level and appeared to bounce off Wilson's shoes on the replay?

That was what it looked like on the replay - ball went straight back at grass level and stopped when it hit RW's shoes. RW thought it went behind him so he spun around and never saw (or felt) the ball. That was horrendous.