Mariners 2022 Season

Chapow

Reaction score
10 game road trip @Mets, @Blue Jays, @Red Sox starts today.

I'll be shocked if they win more than 3 games.

On the bright side, if they do manage to somehow miraculously go 3-7 on this road trip, that would be an improvement on their 2-8 record in the previous 10 games.

beastalamode

Reaction score
The mariners are in the bottom 25% of the league in salary this year, THAT'S why they suck. Look at the lineup they throw out there every night in the 5 thru 9 spots! Anyone who spends a dime on this poverty franchise is actually hurting the team, they will never be any good until an owner buys them that actually wants to win.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The mariners are in the bottom 25% of the league in salary this year, THAT'S why they suck. Look at the lineup they throw out there every night in the 5 thru 9 spots! Anyone who spends a dime on this poverty franchise is actually hurting the team, they will never be any good until an owner buys them that actually wants to win.
As much as I want to, I cannot disagree with much of your post. The only point I’ll argue is the lineup. Julio has been raking of late.

Do not like the ownership or the manager’s managing ability, I like SS as a person but his skill managing a team leaves a lot to be desired IMHO.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
10 game road trip @Mets, @Blue Jays, @Red Sox starts today.

I'll be shocked if they win more than 3 games.

On the bright side, if they do manage to somehow miraculously go 3-7 on this road trip, that would be an improvement on their 2-8 record in the previous 10 games.
Hey they already won 3 on the road trip. If they can avoid a 4 game sweep in Boston, then things are looking good!

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I’m officially an old man… after hearing the story of all the young M’s players touring the inside of the green monster and signing their names all I could think of was maybe they should focus on trying to win a damn game instead of fun outings.

22 years of losing has jaded me…

Crizilla

Reaction score
Maybe theyre saving up to go after some huge names NEXT off season. Who knows. At this point the goal is to be .500 at the All Star break.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Desperate for hitting, Mariners signed Justin Upton.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Mariners are averaging over 5 runs a game in the last 6.

Record? 2-4.

Mariners are scoring a little of 4 runs a game in the last 10.

The issue is the pitching. The pitching is the reason the team is not .500 rn. The offense with a decent pitching staff is at .500 and nobody complaining.

The Ms Pitching is allowing 6.5 runs a game in the last 10 games.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Tyler Anderson is 7-0 with the Dodgers. That one hurts, Dipoto. Run support can do wonders for a pitcher.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
6 games under and 10 games back with a -13 run differential….

Can’t wait for the trade deadline….hopefully Mitch and Ty get dealt to an actual contender…..or maybe the will get the “Felix” award and never experience a playoff game.

sutz

Reaction score
I guess they had to do this, but...

Maybe Winker will stop worrying about his deal and start hitting like his career numbers say he should. Meanwhile, I'm fine with him languishing at the bottom of the order.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I guess they had to do this, but...

Maybe Winker will stop worrying about his deal and start hitting like his career numbers say he should. Meanwhile, I'm fine with him languishing at the bottom of the order.
They should have released him and cut their losses but instead gave him a deal. Frazier can take a hike too. Two players they acquired in the offseason doing diddly squat. They had a full training camp and 2 3/4 months into the season to get going.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
What an awful season. I kind of stopped watching the past couple weeks and no regrets there.

Where does the team go from here? Can they really sell, what do they have to sell? Not sure Winker or Frazier can get you much. Not sure selling low on Lewis is even worth it. Haniger is probably the best trade piece but would teams even give up much for a guy who is always injured?

It's a weird season because they finally have some great guys to build around in Julio, Gilbert, Kirby, France and more. But the team has a ton of holes and no depth. I still think the future is bright, but the team needs to be constructed better. The foundation is there, now it is about putting the right pieces around them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Manager and GM need to be canned and ownership needs to get their heads out of their cheap asses.

Until that happens expect more of the same.

sutz

Reaction score
Wondering if we're gonna see some roster moves today. I could think of at least a couple that might make sense. Some things can't be done because reasons. Winker and Frazier are huge disappointments based on their career stats, but as vets we can't really send them down easily.

Starting pitching is pretty solid, really and has been turning in quality starts pretty regularly.

The bullpen has been OK, though not at 2021 levels, but we expected that. I could still see some things done. I don't see how Romo is a plus reliever in most situations. The new guy Borucki looks very JAG-like to me. Sewald, Swallwell look like they're close to last year levels. Castillo has been doing well lately, but he still gives me a case of nerves every time he takes the ball.

So, how do we magically teach pro ballers how to hit like they used to?

Curiouser and curiouser. That home stand was just fugly. Attnedance is gonna drop fast, who's gonna pay to watch that crap.