Mariners 2022 Season

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
There is the Mariners we all love and know. Runners on 2nd and 3rd and then all strikeouts!

Ray looks good but outside of the Haniger HR we haven't done much on offense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seat of the pants ball game. They left a small village on the base paths today. Told my brother that after the first inning that’s all the runs they were getting as there was a no name pitcher on the mound, plus shadows innings 3-4.

Ray wasn’t sharp but limited damage like a good ace should.

Loved the Hani-bomb!

A win is a win and Seattle is in first place. (y)

Last edited:

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Sticks will come around. Just glad we got Robbie Ray, Winker and Suarez

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That game was very 2021 Mariners. Top half of the lineup will be very good. Today gets me a bit worried about Suarez, he could be a weak spot in the lineup but we could make a move for at 3B if we need to.

sutz

Reaction score
Not gonna panic after one game. Suarez should get his hits. I'm worried more about the drop off on D at 3d base. But he's what we have for now.

balakoth

Reaction score
That game was very 2021 Mariners. Top half of the lineup will be very good. Today gets me a bit worried about Suarez, he could be a weak spot in the lineup but we could make a move for at 3B if we need to.
Suarez is known to strike out... A LOT.. but he also hits a TON of homers.. and has an above .980 with a few years of 1.000 at third base fielding percentage. Ill take it. Capable of breaking 30 hrs a year easily. He should be batting like 9th though haha

balakoth

Reaction score
Not gonna panic after one game. Suarez should get his hits. I'm worried more about the drop off on D at 3d base. But he's what we have for now.
You should look up the stats.. Suarez is no slouch at third base.. at all.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You should look up the stats.. Suarez is no slouch at third base.. at all.
Last two years, yes he kind of has been a slouch. He had a negative WAR last season and was basically even the season before that.

He is basically Kyle Seager without the defense. There is a reason why Cincinnati was willing to give us Winker if we would just take Suarez’s contract.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yeah that was a 2021 M's win. I'll take it as long as they play better against the AL Central this year.

balakoth

Reaction score
Last two years, yes he kind of has been a slouch. He had a negative WAR last season and was basically even the season before that.

He is basically Kyle Seager without the defense. There is a reason why Cincinnati was willing to give us Winker if we would just take Suarez’s contract.
.980 is a slouch? Damn.... thanks for letting me know.

Oh my bad you reference "WAR" which doesnt really take into account total statisics on a position level... gotcha

We are slowly getting into the PFF model of evaluating talent vs watching it. My bad.

balakoth

Reaction score
Also in case you didn't know... Seager..... imagine that... .966 vs .963 career

oh damn.. hes a slouch..................................... Stats hurt buddy

One more year and Saurez passes Seager in every category in 4 less years... just saying

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Also Suarez didn't play all season at 3B last year, he played quite a bit of SS, brought down his fielding quite a bit.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
.980 is a slouch? Damn.... thanks for letting me know.

Oh my bad you reference "WAR" which doesnt really take into account total statisics on a position level... gotcha

We are slowly getting into the PFF model of evaluating talent vs watching it. My bad.

Lol wow didn’t mean to upset you….sorry buddy.

He hasn’t hit well in two years now. He is one of the best swing and missers in the game. Yes he can hit for power but, that’s literally it. He doesn’t make contact, and his awful BABIP the last two years tells me he’s either had bad luck or he makes weak contact. Two years in a row with a BABIP around .200 tells me the latter. Cinci is basically Coors Field lite, it is one of the most batter friendly parks. It’s easily top 5 hitters park in baseball.

Im fine with Dipoto going with him at 3B. A lot of M’s fans me included wanted another move made to upgrade there. If he regains his old form, great. If he doesn’t we can and should upgrade at the deadline if we need to.

I’m not high on him but maybe he proves me wrong. A lot of my disappointment was my excitement to move on from Seager at 3B, and we basically replaced him with the right hand version of Kyle Seager.