OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Uncle Si":b6jtq38v said:
Shanegotyou11":b6jtq38v said:
West TX Hawk":b6jtq38v said:
Shanegotyou11":b6jtq38v said:
I think this team can and will hit. 8 runs a game? No. I think we need bullpen.

Don’t you wish we could somehow sign Kimbrel? I know on paper with the rebuild the logic says no (you also lose a compensatory pick if he signs before June 3) but it sure would be something if he were interested in coming here and Jerry pulled the trigger.

Yea id love to sign kimbrel on a decent deal. I know its so early but listening to harold reynolds on mlb network, he believes the offense is sustainable. He said not homering every game but a solid offensive team.
He said same thing about shoring up the bullpen and defense and could be summer fun for seattle.

Same for keuchel.

But to stay with philosophy youd have to:

A. Wait to June 3 and see if still available

B. Sign to two year deal and trade next season.

Probably both.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/628892/mo ... -2001/amp/

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1qdzxwoi said:
Uncle Si":1qdzxwoi said:
Shanegotyou11":1qdzxwoi said:
West TX Hawk":1qdzxwoi said:
Don’t you wish we could somehow sign Kimbrel? I know on paper with the rebuild the logic says no (you also lose a compensatory pick if he signs before June 3) but it sure would be something if he were interested in coming here and Jerry pulled the trigger.

Yea id love to sign kimbrel on a decent deal. I know its so early but listening to harold reynolds on mlb network, he believes the offense is sustainable. He said not homering every game but a solid offensive team.
He said same thing about shoring up the bullpen and defense and could be summer fun for seattle.

Same for keuchel.

Probably both.

Good article. You just never know when a team might have all the intangibles to make a surprising run. Time will tell.

I've wondered if Jerry knew something that no one else did--that maybe he was partly leading on about just playing for '21 when he knew there was a chance this particular team could be special. The reports of him trying to deal away Encarnacion would of course counter that, but maybe most of the vet guys they acquired this winter--guys who had big 2017s and were looking for bounce back seasons this year were exactly who they wanted for the short term.

On a related note, if they think they could make a run next year they have a club option for Encarnacion for $20 mil next year. Considering Cruz got over 14 mil this year that's not unreasonable for a guy that's going to get you 35 HR.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":24krl2od said:
Shanegotyou11":24krl2od said:
Uncle Si":24krl2od said:
Shanegotyou11":24krl2od said:

Same for keuchel.

Probably both.

Good article. You just never know when a team might have all the intangibles to make a surprising run. Time will tell.

I've wondered if Jerry knew something that no one else did--that maybe he was partly leading on about just playing for '21 when he knew there was a chance this particular team could be special. The reports of him trying to deal away Encarnacion would of course counter that, but maybe most of the vet guys they acquired this winter--guys who had big 2017s and were looking for bounce back seasons this year were exactly who they wanted for the short term.

On a related note, if they think they could make a run next year they have a club option for Encarnacion for $20 mil next year. Considering Cruz got over 14 mil this year that's not unreasonable for a guy that's going to get you 35 HR.

Agree. What if they all have amazing years? You don't know. Sure its so early that we could be .500 by end of april. Or be 16 games over. Baseball is weird.

.538 had us at 77 wins to start the season. They now have us at 85 wins now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3a4z2axg said:
Uncle Si":3a4z2axg said:
Shanegotyou11":3a4z2axg said:
West TX Hawk":3a4z2axg said:

Same for keuchel.

Probably both.

Whats that have to do with kuechel and kimbrel?

sutz

Reaction score
This is all fun for now. :mrgreen:

One problem we have, of course, is that we're in a division where two teams had over 95 wins last season. Now, Oakland may have been a bit of an anomoly last year, but Houston is still pretty strong. What we do at the trade deadline will be affected by how they are doing, too.

One thing we don't want to do is blow a lot of capital building a number 3 team again.

Go M's! :irishdrinkers:

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1r9k1bnn said:
Shanegotyou11":1r9k1bnn said:
Uncle Si":1r9k1bnn said:
Shanegotyou11":1r9k1bnn said:

Same for keuchel.

Probably both.

Whats that have to do with kuechel and kimbrel?

I thought it was a neat article to share.

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
Routine fly ball dropped by Santana then Hamilton scores from 2nd base from a fly ball to center. lol D needs as much help as the bullpen. But these guys can hit. Let’s go boys!!!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":fwkjmnn2 said:
Accidentally assembling an elite offense in a rebuilding year is such a Mariners move.

Before the season I jokingly predicted that the Mariners would in the WS after accidentally putting together the best roster in MLB history.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
What the hell happened to the offense tonight????? :x

They only scored 6 runs!!!!!

8)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Erik Swanson, one of the top 2/3 pitching prospects in the organization, was called up today as well..

Short spell, but maybe a quick look at a future starter

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1d9c7dvj said:
Erik Swanson, one of the top 2/3 pitching prospects in the organization, was called up today as well..

Short spell, but maybe a quick look at a future starter
Well so far every move they’ve move they made has turned to gold, this will probably be good as well. :)
I’m still basking in the first place glory! 8)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
First time I’ve seen someone score from second on a sac fly. I know Mallex fell to a knee but only Billy Hamilton makes that play.

Marco has been impressive, very steady. Excited to see Swanson.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
So impressed with the approaches at the plate. Collectively they’re working starting pitchers’ pitch counts up and going with the pitch to opposite field. They got a huge dose of breaking pitches and off the plate and they responded. Night and day between previous teams.

Marco just continues to deal-command and cutter are top notch. Another great outing for Brennan and Swarzak and Servais getting the 3 big guys all in the lineup again was great to see. Looking forward to the Stros and Indians coming to town starting Fri-Would love it if we take 4 of 6.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
So... I know I should just shut it and enjoy this odd little anomaly, but...

...at what point do we start taking this thing seriously? After the series with the Astros?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3fgvmhua said:
So... I know I should just shut it and enjoy this odd little anomaly, but...

...at what point do we start taking this thing seriously? After the series with the Astros?

End of june.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Just... wow. After seeing Dee Gordon's insane grab of a sharply hit line drive that nearly took Brennan's head off in the 8th, a hit I'm sure would have gone whizzing by into center field for an easy base hit in most ballparks, that was the moment I started to allow myself to get excited about the prospect that this season could turn out to be a pretty special one for the Ms. Could.

For those who didn't see it, see the second of two video clips under Item #3 here:
https://www.mlb.com/news/jay-bruce-exte ... run-streak

Latest posts