Marcel Reece signed

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete knows 500 times more than any of us about football. If he thinks this is a needed signing, I'm in.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Reece started off the season for the Raiders serving part of a 4 game PED suspension that was handed down late last year. He came back and was cut because he would have been the 5th or 6th back on their roster, while also being the most expensive. They have a young FB they feel is adequate and will be making roughly half the amount Reece would have made next year.

The sentiment I've seen from Raiders fans is that this is a very good pick up for us. Great hands, good speed for a FB and apparently plays with a lot of heart and passion (which I'm sure Pete will love). His blocking has never been great, but he should be similar to what we had in MikeRob and Coleman. Average lead blocker, but going to be great as a receiver out of the back field.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kidhawk":34kpskqc said:
hawkfan68":34kpskqc said:
I wonder what the corresponding move will be. An injury settlement/waive Tuku? He's under concussion protocol per the announcing team last night.

Likely Earl to IR, but they may IR Tukuafu if they feel we need DB depth
Could the thinking be that Reece will be an upgrade to Farmer at 3rd down RB, during the absence of Procise?

kidhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":suhi48yz said:
kidhawk":suhi48yz said:
hawkfan68":suhi48yz said:
I wonder what the corresponding move will be. An injury settlement/waive Tuku? He's under concussion protocol per the announcing team last night.

Could the thinking be that Reece will be an upgrade to Farmer at 3rd down RB, during the absence of Procise?

Hard to know exactly what Pete is thinking, but I'm guessing it's mainly due to Tukuafu being in the concussion protocol. This gets us the body in camp where we can see what he can do. As we all know, if they show the ability while competing in practice, Pete has no problem increasing their roles. As fans, we'll just have to see what happens come game time.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
yungeva":36ya6t56 said:
Is Leonard Weaver still available?

I'm sure that this is a question asked in sarcasm, but his career is over. Had a very grousome knee injury that resulted in permanent knee and nerve :roll: damage.

Here is the video replay of that from four years ago. It's available on NFL.com under their "big play highlights". Because, you know, the NFL is so concerned with the safety of it's players and all.

Chapow

Reaction score
My guess is he has 2 receptions for 16 yards and a TD, and 3 carries for 2 yards and another TD in Green Bay this Sunday.

Then he inexplicably gets cut on Tuesday.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":fwikzdwy said:
LeftHandSmoke":fwikzdwy said:
kidhawk":fwikzdwy said:
hawkfan68":fwikzdwy said:

Hard to know exactly what Pete is thinking, but I'm guessing it's mainly due to Tukuafu being in the concussion protocol. This gets us the body in camp where we can see what he can do. As we all know, if they show the ability while competing in practice, Pete has no problem increasing their roles. As fans, we'll just have to see what happens come game time.

Pete's been on record in the past as saying he likes an athletic FB.

He likes the lead blocker aspect, but he really likes to have his FB be an offensive weapon.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I see Reece is wearing #44 instead of #45 that he wore with the Raiders. 100% pure speculation here, but perhaps the team is expecting Easley to be inducted to the HOF in January, so they have it in a soft retirement right now.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seanhawk":sk5gp0g8 said:
I see Reece is wearing #44 instead of #45 that he wore with the Raiders. 100% pure speculation here, but perhaps the team is expecting Easley to be inducted to the HOF in January, so they have it in a soft retirement right now.
Did Farmer have that number?

Anyway, they did re-sign Farmer today to the PS.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1880fgph said:
Seanhawk":1880fgph said:
Did Farmer have that number?

Anyway, they did re-sign Farmer today to the PS.

No, he wore #39. #45 is open according to .com

cymatica

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":343wvvpg said:
yungeva":343wvvpg said:
Is Leonard Weaver still available?

I'm sure that this is a question asked in sarcasm, but his career is over. Had a very grousome knee injury that resulted in permanent knee and nerve :roll: damage.

Here is the video replay of that from four years ago. It's available on NFL.com under their "big play highlights". Because, you know, the NFL is so concerned with the safety of it's players and all.

I remember that, his leg bent forward, still hurts thinking about it.

I wish we never got rid of him, he was one of my favorite players and one of the only good ones on a bad roster. He ran like an elite running back at times. One game, I think the bucs maybe, I want to say he had like 100 yards and looked like Emmit Smith.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2f6p8k7d said:

There has only been one person to wear #45 in a regular season game since Easley, that was a long snapper in 2009. I really is as good as retired I think.