Makim Willis Or 2023

ComradeCoconut

Reaction score
When I saw the Russell Wilson trade I was really surprised cause we would only have Drew Lock then I looked at a CBS mock draft and saw that Malik Willis was projected to go between 5th and 15th so I thought that we might draft him that I remembered that there is a super-strong 2023 QB draft class so I was wonder what your guy's opinion is

Throwdown

Reaction score
I’d rather have a million years of drew lock than see Malik Willis.

The middle is damn near non existent with Willis, he gets uneasy in the pocket easily, it’d be Russ on his worst days every day.

I really don’t want any of these QBs

massari

Reaction score
Perfect scenario for me would be to trade up into the late 1st if possible to get Willis if he's still on the board, then tank for a top pick in 2023 to get Stroud, Young or whoever else there is. Willis and Stroud/Young battling it out in 2023 would be fun. Loser can get dealt for a high draft pick after a couple of seasons possibly.

Doesn't appear PC is tanking with all the vet signings though.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Roll with Lock. See if our coaching staff can turn his career around ala Titans and Tannehill. Draft Dline, Oline this year. Maybe grab a QB next year depending on what happens with Lock. This team needs more than a QB.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Wait till next year. If applicable and you still end up with a Top-15 pick next year, plus Broncos, trade up and get one of the better selections in the 2023 draft.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I don't know but I really like to make sentences that have no beginning or end or punctuation what do you think will happen it really is a mystery can't wait for the draft to start.

getnasty

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the ranking if you combine the 2022 and 23 class. My guess is there is zero percent chance we get Stroud or Young next year. Pete will find a way to get 7 wins and we'll be drafting 15 with a boat load of teams that need a QB in front of us.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
My feel is that none of these 2022 QBs warrant a first round pick. That either could mean the non-QB talent is better or that the QB class is weak. Both are probably true.

In a perfect scenario but still plausible Seahawks could trade down twice in the first round and still get a Matt Corall in the early 20’s while adding 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks. Considering prior to March, the Seahawks had an aging QB and no 1st Round pick. They’d now have two youngish QBs plus three 2nds, two 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths.

Furthermore, I’d rather pay like a $2-3m apy on these QBs than the $5-6m at #9.

Sole reason why I think Baker Mayfield isn’t a Seahawk right now is do you think he’s so much of an upgrade at $19m over Lock at $1.5m?

That’s why Lock and possibly Geno Smith (if re-signed) are ideal because you aren’t going to break the bank. You don’t have to invest money and draft picks. Seahawks potentially could have a cheaper QB room than what the Browns are paying Jacoby Brissett to be a backup.

And if the feeling that none of these 2022 QBs are true franchise guys then why pull the trigger when there is no guarantee that a Willis, Pickett, Howell, Corrall, Ridder is even better than a Lock or a Smith 3-4 years down the road. Even if Lock or Smith have a career year and are just mere point guards. I don’t think their market is going significantly explode and they’ll be relatively cheap like 7-$10m apy on 1-2 year contract.

I think the Seahawks ultimately know this and are prepared to make the non-QB team stronger long-term with this draft think of this as 2010 and 2011. I definitely feel they could go a number different ways during this draft but i don’t think they’ll take a QB with their first pick.
You have a draft deep with Trench players, Edge rushers, LBers, and DBs, might as well get the most of your picks and money. I’m just saying for instance that a LBer you could get in the 2nd or 3rd round potentially might be a better prospect than any QB you could get at #9.

getnasty

Reaction score
My feel is that none of these 2022 QBs warrant a first round pick. That either could mean the non-QB talent is better or that the QB class is weak. Both are probably true.

In a perfect scenario but still plausible Seahawks could trade down twice in the first round and still get a Matt Corall in the early 20’s while adding 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks. Considering prior to March, the Seahawks had an aging QB and no 1st Round pick. They’d now have two youngish QBs plus three 2nds, two 3rds, 4ths, and 5ths.

Furthermore, I’d rather pay like a $2-3m apy on these QBs than the $5-6m at #9.

Sole reason why I think Baker Mayfield isn’t a Seahawk right now is do you think he’s so much of an upgrade at $19m over Lock at $1.5m?

That’s why Lock and possibly Geno Smith (if re-signed) are ideal because you aren’t going to break the bank. You don’t have to invest money and draft picks. Seahawks potentially could have a cheaper QB room than what the Browns are paying Jacoby Brissett to be a backup.

And if the feeling that none of these 2022 QBs are true franchise guys then why pull the trigger when there is no guarantee that a Willis, Pickett, Howell, Corrall, Ridder is even better than a Lock or a Smith 3-4 years down the road. Even if Lock or Smith have a career year and are just mere point guards. I don’t think their market is going significantly explode and they’ll be relatively cheap like 7-$10m apy on 1-2 year contract.

I think the Seahawks ultimately know this and are prepared to make the non-QB team stronger long-term with this draft think of this as 2010 and 2011. I definitely feel they could go a number different ways during this draft but i don’t think they’ll take a QB with their first pick.
You have a draft deep with Trench players, Edge rushers, LBers, and DBs, might as well get the most of your picks and money. I’m just saying for instance that a LBer you could get in the 2nd or 3rd round potentially might be a better prospect than any QB you could get at #9.
PH,

Where would you rank these guys if you combine the 2022 and 2023 classes?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
After his recent Pro Day, not sure at all he will even be there at #9.

But he did the classic, run around under (fake pressure) and then toss the ball 60+ yds to a WR hitting him in stride.

That is how Pete loves his long ball but I'm not sure Willis will even be there for Pete.

Not because I don't think we will have a shot but because I think we trade down.

Last edited:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score

His tape shows late day 2. Let another team burn the pick.

Not to say he can't be good. But he's not out of the box good. Nor is he 'season for a year' good. So he'd have to develop at a best case scenario clip for likely half of his rookie contract.

In a normal draft, he'd be taken round three. In this draft, first round. I see him kind of like a Brock Osweiler type of player. Obviously they are different QBs. But Brock was more accurate and better in the pocket. Each had a cannon of an arm. But in terms of QB skills, Brock showed a whole lot more. Willis' skills are strictly speaking UFA caliber. But he has top level arm strength and running skills.

He is today, undoubtedly worse than Lamar Jackson was in his first month as a freshman. He isn't particularly accurate, or good at progressions in the pocket. Those are traits that rarely get appreciably better as a pro. Not that players don't get better. But the talent delta between the pros and college is massive too. So to improve over college efficacy you have to get significantly better. And there is little to base any expectation on that given what he demonstrates on tape.

But if he does, then he's a franchise QB. Still it's a very poor odds gamble.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I like corrall the best and if he is available in the 3rd I would take him, otherwise pass

TwilightError

Reaction score
When reading about Matt Corral, the Word ”competitive” comes out a lot.. If they draft a QB, my guess is him in late first round or early second if he lasts that long.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
When reading about Matt Corral, the Word ”competitive” comes out a lot.. If they draft a QB, my guess is him in late first round or early second if he lasts that long.
I’m in the Corral camp as well. He could be the next Tom Brady

Latest posts