Lynch expected to be traded

Steve2222

Reaction score
Whoever said the Seahawks have no leverage is wrong. They have all the leverage. Marshawn is a stubborn guy. He's not coming out of retirement to play for Seattle. He can't just come out of retirement and decide to just sit at home. He would have to show up to mandatory training events or else be fined for "holding out."

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Steve2222":32f0xtur said:
Whoever said the Seahawks have no leverage is wrong. They have all the leverage. Marshawn is a stubborn guy. He's not coming out of retirement to play for Seattle. He can't just come out of retirement and decide to just sit at home. He would have to show up to mandatory training events or else be fined for "holding out."

We owe him 9 million dollars. We won't and can't pay him 9 million. Stubborn he might be but stupid he's not, if you tried to force his hand he'd show up goes through the motions. Why play games? He doesn't want to be here, we don't want him here and we can aquire a pick. Just be thankful the Raiders are willing to gift us anything at this point.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I think some are underestimating just how much the raiders want/need lynch. Not saying that will result in a higher draft pick, but this will be a legitimate trade. Hawks hold the power here.

Mojambo

Reaction score
People who think we're getting better than a 7th round pick are completely delusional.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mojambo":3jgted5l said:
People who think we're getting better than a 7th round pick are completely delusional.

The only way I see us getting much more is if we make it a conditional pick next year dependent upon his performance and then he comes out and plays lights out for his home team. If it's just a straight up pick, then I have no problem with it being a 7th rounder. We basically would be getting a pick without losing anything and that is a winner of a deal IMO

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2px2tken said:
Northwest Seahawk":2px2tken said:
I don't think a 7th is enough for the rights to Lynch . I wouldn't take less than a fifth and would push hard for a 4th.

And you would get nothing. Lynch and everyone else know Seahawks can't afford the 9 million cap hit. He applies for reinstatement and sits at home until we cut him. I expect a conditional 7th rounder in 2018. Becomes a 6th rounder if he plays a significant role this year. We get nothing if he is cut.

And, once again, hat tip to Popeye for laying out how Hawks have no leverage here.

We do have some leverage (although they'd never do it), because he didn't fulfill his obligation under the contract we could get a portion of his signing bonus back, but we never asked for it, and I doubt we ever would.

Honestly though, I don't see any animosity here between him and us or us and the Raiders, and when everything is amicable, in the end everyone usually ends up getting a little something out of the deal. I do agree with your assessment of it being a conditional pick next year. That's the best scenario for everyone involved.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Steve2222":1oj8e2pv said:

But Marshawn would use that leverage of just showing up here to force our hand if this was the tactic we took.

But for what end? To get a 6th rounder instead of a 7th rounder? Who cares? Why create that animosity and ruin the good relationship we have with Lynch just to squeeze him and the Raiders?

The Raiders are not going to give up a high draft pick for a retired Marshawn Lynch, so all we'd be doing is being a-holes if we took some hardline approach to this whole thing. Dumb.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
What we as the public sees and what goes on "behind the scenes" regarding negotiations are two different scenerios.
In front of the TV cameras all will be all smiles.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Watch us get hit with a block buster.

Lynch and Sherman traded to Oakland for a 1st, 4th, and 5th round pick.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":u96nltze said:
Watch us get hit with a block buster.

Lynch and Sherman traded to Oakland for a 1st, 4th, and 5th round pick.

I wouldn't be unhappy with that deal.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Sounds like Raiders and Lynch have come to terms. Now we wait for the trade.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/852970506328453125[/tweet]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2avu9z8o said:
Steve2222":2avu9z8o said:

But Marshawn would use that leverage of just showing up here to force our hand if this was the tactic we took.

But for what end? To get a 6th rounder instead of a 7th rounder? Who cares? Why create that animosity and ruin the good relationship we have with Lynch just to squeeze him and the Raiders?

The Raiders are not going to give up a high draft pick for a retired Marshawn Lynch, so all we'd be doing is being a-holes if we took some hardline approach to this whole thing. Dumb.

Doesn't even need to be a pick.

Swapping 1st Rounders for instance would be alright with me.

Or moving from 102 to 88 in the 3rd round.

nash72

Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that Lynch wants more than the Raiders are offering. Lol. I get the feeling we're going to get screwed and end up paying the guy the 9M somehow.

Foghawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":39bxt97o said:
Sounds like Raiders and Lynch have come to terms. Now we wait for the trade.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/852970506328453125[/tweet]

Mike Silver has a pretty good relationship with ML if I remember correctly.

dadof3

Reaction score
nash72":3iqqtie5 said:
ESPN is reporting that Lynch wants more than the Raiders are offering. Lol. I get the feeling we're going to get screwed and end up paying the guy the 9M somehow.
0 percent chance that happens

Hawknballs

Reaction score
of course he wants more than they are offering. He's a football player.

mikeak

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2zy6xigl said:
Doesn't even need to be a pick.

Swapping 1st Rounders for instance would be alright with me.

Or moving from 102 to 88 in the 3rd round.

excellent point. wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens in some form or another. or a 7th rounder with swapped 6th round picks

pmedic920

Reaction score
06a7f5eb704317a25bae4f6edbbadd53.jpg

StoneCold

Reaction score
nash72":zlmavbmb said:

You are nothing if not consistent, Mr Eeyore.