Love Them Hawks

LTH

Reaction score
Everybody on this board should wants the Hawks to win. Lets face it if we didn't love our hawks then we wouldn't spend so much time writing about them...Is it true the 12's are the best fans in the NFL, or is that just a bunch of mouth service that doesn't mean anything...we should stand behind our Hawks NOW when they need us the most...THEY WILL RESPOND TO US! We are the 12's and we flippin rock!!! We cause earth quakes how could they not LOL

Just in this one post say nothing negative... say the one thing you appreciate and LOVE about the Hawks...

I'll start it out

Did any one know what my name LTH stands for? LOVE THEM HAWKS. now you know...

Ok so I love the Hawks because they bring joy to my life they amaze me every year some of the plays that I have seen have been so righteously outstanding and i will remember them for ever...I am grateful to them for providing me with years of entertainment for my self and my family.. I know they will find a way to pull this season out because thats what they do and Im not giving up...

GO HAWKS!!!!

YOUR TURN:

W

Welshers

LTH":1gqu34uy said:
Everybody on this board should wants the Hawks to win. Lets face it if we didn't love our hawks then we wouldn't spend so much time writing about them...Is it true the 12's are the best fans in the NFL, or is that just a bunch of mouth service that doesn't mean anything...we should stand behind our Hawks NOW when they need us the most...THEY WILL RESPOND TO US! We are the 12's and we flippin rock!!! We cause earth quakes how could they not LOL

Just in this one post say nothing negative... say the one thing you appreciate and LOVE about the Hawks...

I'll start it out

Ok so I love the Hawks because they bring joy to my life they amaze me every year some of the plays that I have seen have been so righteously outstanding and i will remember them for ever...I am grateful to them for providing me with years of entertainment for my self and my family.. I know they will find a way to pull this season out because thats what they do and Im not giving up...

GO HAWKS!!!!

YOUR TURN:
Finally a positive post on here. The only one I've seen in ages. Great post LTH, you are THE MAN and one of the premier posters on this board. GO HAWKS

Reaction score
Never really thought about why I love the Hawks so much but I just do. Don't think I need to have an explanation or try to rationalize it in any way. Not sure I'd even have a good answer for that. Guess I was born into it and we just "bonded" over the years. Been with them through the crap times (and they were CRAP times) and the good and loved them regardless. Tempering my expectations has kept me sane.

I'll stay positive about the season. If anything, the team has shown that you can't count them out year after year lately.

"LTH" man - for life. That's not something that's changing. Ever.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":69sipe7b said:

I'll start it out

GO HAWKS!!!!

YOUR TURN:

Jesus wanting to see the team succeed when they are falling all over themselves and there are holes, people are talking about it, there are extremes to be sure but we have seen success and know when we also see disorganized and bad play. Blind support for players not performing to their potential or best and a system that is failing and holding or asking the people in charge to be accountable is not negative, it is being aware, it being a invested fan.

Early Pete put players in positions that they could perform in at what they did best, now we are seeing players put in positions they are uncomfortable in and it is obvious.

It's not like the players don't have talent, they do, and that's is what is most frustrating to watch.

The early years we didn't have a lot of talent but they were entertaining and played hard and we won some games we shouldn't have maybe but it was the beginning of the fans fanatical support because of it.

We seen early success with Knox.

We seen abysmal failure with Behring and just about had our heart ripped out so we know bad football, we know bad front office, we know bad player personnel.

We again seen what a exceptional owner can do when Paul bought the Franchise and hired Holmgren, we also seen how fast that can fail when Mora and Ruskell had the reigns.

So when fans state their cases, concerns, ideas, it because in what many consider still a relatively short existence compared to legacy teams we have seen a lot as a fan of the Seahawks, good and bad.

When the fans see a trend beginning now enveloping two seasons they start talking.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":3eabarr9 said:
LTH":3eabarr9 said:

I'll start it out

GO HAWKS!!!!

YOUR TURN:

Jesus wanting to see the team succeed when they are falling all over themselves and there are holes, people are talking about it, there are extremes to be sure but we have seen success and know when we also see disorganized and bad play. Blind support for players not performing to their potential or best and a system that is failing and holding or asking the people in charge to be accountable is not negative, it is being aware, it being a invested fan.

Early Pete put players in positions that they could perform in at what they did best, now we are seeing players put in positions they are uncomfortable in and it is obvious.

It's not like the players don't have talent, they do, and that's is what is most frustrating to watch.

The early years we didn't have a lot of talent but they were entertaining and played hard and we won some games we shouldn't have maybe but it was the beginning of the fans fanatical support because of it.

We seen abysmal failure with Behring and just about had our heart ripped out so we know bad football, we know bad front office, we know bad player personnel.

We again seen what a exceptional owner can do when Paul bought the Franchise and hired Holmgren, we also seen how fast that can fail when Mora and Ruskell had the reigns.

So when fans state their cases, concerns, ideas, it because in what many consider still a relatively short existence compared to legacy teams we have seen a lot as a fan of the Seahawks, good and bad.

When the fans see a trend beginning now enveloping two seasons they start talking.

Cant do it can ya... just one flippin thread of positivity... why do you appreciate the Hawks man!... just one thing!

pathetic!

LTH

UskHawk

Reaction score
LTH, in the spirit of positivity you have elicited my first post, having been lurking here for some time.

I can share why I first started to "love them hawks". Mid to late 80s here in the UK most of my school friends were picking the Bears, 'Fins or Niners to follow. No-one had any legitimate claim to follow these teams, any team, other than these were successful at pr around the time. As someone not used to following sporting success (my soccer team is Rotherham United, for what that's worth) I was going to choose an 'average' team to follow. Being a keen birdwatcher and happening to like ospreys, my choose was straightforward. Little did I know at the time, being utterly naive in the ways of football, that I was lucky enough to watch highlights (hosted by Mick Luckhurst, ex-Falcons kicker?) of #80, and who I always pretended to be when playing touch football in the school playground. (Admittedly, I also pretended to be the Boz when playing defence, but I put this down to that youthful naivety).

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":g5ffn5v3 said:
chris98251":g5ffn5v3 said:
LTH":g5ffn5v3 said:

I'll start it out

GO HAWKS!!!!

YOUR TURN:

Cant do it can ya... just one flippin thread of positivity... why do you appreciate the Hawks man!... just one thing!

pathetic!

LTH

Constructive criticism is positive, sticking your head in the sand or screaming la la la la when things are said you don't want to hear is just selective. The reality is what people historically have seen and what the results show.

Corks004

Reaction score
First post after lurking for years. Its time to step out of the shadows and join in on some positivity around our team.

I appreciate how the Hawks have helped bring my family together. My father and two half brothers live in Ohio and they came out to Seattle for the Bengals game in 2019 (we won by 1 point). They kept going on and on about how loud and fun our stadium was and how nice our fans were.

We now have a new tradition to all come together when the Bengals Play the Hawks every 4 years whether it be in OH or WA.

Go Hawks!!!!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":aaef8m5d said:
LTH":aaef8m5d said:
chris98251":aaef8m5d said:
LTH":aaef8m5d said:

I'll start it out

GO HAWKS!!!!

YOUR TURN:

pathetic!

LTH

Constructive criticism is positive, sticking your head in the sand or screaming la la la la when things are said you don't want to hear is just selective. The reality is what people historically have seen and what the results show.

This post isnt about constructive critism. This post is about appreciation of the hawks.. apparently you dont appreciate you critize...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I live in Delaware and have no logical reason to be a fan.

I picked them because I liked blue and they happened to be on TV when I was 4. Seattle just stuck with me. I became interested in football when I was 10 due to Madden 2004 and my uncle being a massive Bengals fan. My uncle had a large part in raising me and is a huge sports fan. I had already chosen the 'Hawks, but started to love the game all-around.

Sports are more than just games. We, as humans, crave drama. Gripping narratives usually found only in fiction and war. Sports are a condensed vehicle that carry these narratives to us through the form of a regimented game. Personal struggles, team dynamics, strategy, and adversity. The ecstasy of victory and the agony of defeat. All wrapped into a neat package in a game that is inherently fun to play and fun to watch. That's football.

The Pete Carroll Seahawks have always been fun to watch. Different. A team led by a man with a unique energy and unique mindset that has always led to uniquely euphoric and uniquely frustrating results. It hasn't always been the most successful, but it's always been the most fun.

When he's gone, I will still be a Seahawks fan. Why? Because I always have been, and it's always interesting to watch someone try to come into a new situation and make their vision a reality, with a huge pair of Nike Air Monarchs to try to fill. Just another example of gripping narrative that football provides. There's always something interesting, something stranger than fiction, to enjoy if you're looking hard enough.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":14drep2w said:
chris98251":14drep2w said:
LTH":14drep2w said:
chris98251":14drep2w said:

pathetic!

LTH

This post isnt about constructive critism. This post is about appreciation of the hawks.. apparently you dont appreciate you critize...

Quite obvious you don't read or don't have the ability to understand that it can be both. But that's ok we know the education system has stop teaching how to read and comprehend multiple thoughts.

acctingman

Reaction score
I don't post much, but it's hard to root for a team with shitty coaching and an owner who doesn't really give a crap.

Until they prove otherwise...GO KRAKEN!!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3kyt7kfh said:
I live in Delaware and have no logical reason to be a fan.

I picked them because I liked blue and they happened to be on TV when I was 4. Seattle just stuck with me. I became interested in football when I was 10 due to Madden 2004 and my uncle being a massive Bengals fan. My uncle had a large part in raising me and is a huge sports fan. I had already chosen the 'Hawks, but started to love the game all-around.

Sports are more than just games. We, as humans, crave drama. Gripping narratives usually found only in fiction and war. Sports are a condensed vehicle that carry these narratives to us through the form of a regimented game. Personal struggles, team dynamics, strategy, and adversity. The ecstasy of victory and the agony of defeat. All wrapped into a neat package in a game that is inherently fun to play and fun to watch. That's football.

The Pete Carroll Seahawks have always been fun to watch. Different. A team led by a man with a unique energy and unique mindset that has always led to uniquely euphoric and uniquely frustrating results. It hasn't always been the most successful, but it's always been the most fun.

When he's gone, I will still be a Seahawks fan. Why? Because I always have been, and it's always interesting to watch someone try to come into a new situation and make their vision a reality, with a huge pair of Nike Air Monarchs to try to fill. Just another example of gripping narrative that football provides. There's always something interesting, something stranger than fiction, to enjoy if you're looking hard enough.

LOL thats a cool story!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Corks1002":3qnjz57x said:
First post after lurking for years. Its time to step out of the shadows and join in on some positivity around our team.

I appreciate how the Hawks have helped bring my family together. My father and two half brothers live in Ohio and they came out to Seattle for the Bengals game in 2019 (we won by 1 point). They kept going on and on about how loud and fun our stadium was and how nice our fans were.

We now have a new tradition to all come together when the Bengals Play the Hawks every 4 years whether it be in OH or WA.

Go Hawks!!!!

UskHawk and Corks welcome to the board... glad you made your first posts!!

LTH

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Great posts Usk and Corks, welcome to the board. I mostly lurk, looking for high fives when we win and consolation when we lose. Post every once in a while. Hawks fan since the beginning, a family tradition passed from father, to me, now to my kids. My 3 daughters, now young adults all love the Hawks and we have so many great memories involving our team. Rolling on the ground screaming during the Beastquake, going out for ice cream after "the tip" and the bomb to Kearse the next year, and a multitude of "can you believe that!" plays, mostly involving Russ and his escapism/creativity and the incredible athleticism of our receivers (think Baldwin/Lockett). We all look forward to the fall when we can get together for some games and enjoy the excitement, laughs, and of course some heartbreak. Those that didn't live through the team in the 90s can't really appreciate how good we have had it more recently.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":2lj44uwi said:
Great posts Usk and Corks, welcome to the board. I mostly lurk, looking for high fives when we win and consolation when we lose. Post every once in a while. Hawks fan since the beginning, a family tradition passed from father, to me, now to my kids. My 3 daughters, now young adults all love the Hawks and we have so many great memories involving our team. Rolling on the ground screaming during the Beastquake, going out for ice cream after "the tip" and the bomb to Kearse the next year, and a multitude of "can you believe that!" plays, mostly involving Russ and his escapism/creativity and the incredible athleticism of our receivers (think Baldwin/Lockett). We all look forward to the fall when we can get together for some games and enjoy the excitement, laughs, and of course some heartbreak. Those that didn't live through the team in the 90s can't really appreciate how good we have had it more recently.

Our kids are going to remember these plays that are so ridiculously incredible they make big impacts...i know this because when i was a kid i remember...except for it wasnt the hawks...it wad doug fluties miracle pass etc.. Wilson is insane some of the stuff he does so is lockett...this is good stuff man... thanks for the post...

LTH