Lions/9ers

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So Purdy sucks?
what's with the strawman arguments lately, man?

I'm responding to a reply here calling Dan Campbell the dumbest coach in football, and this is your response? Hell's that about?

Let me be as clear as possible to try to negate further strawmen.

Purdy is middling and not a top-10 overall quarterback talent. His stats are largely manufactured by heavy separation in the Shanahan offense, which is happening in Miami as well. Their 21 personnel is unstoppable, as is Miami's. The Shanahan tree is averaging just about a full yard more per snap than any other.

Purdy does not operate consistently in a positive fashion when the degree of difficulty for offensive execution is increased. When he is under duress and tighter coverage, he is prone to poor downfield accuracy, directly resulting in two egregious dropped interceptions in this game alone. You use interceptable passes as a primary criticism of our own passers frequently yet have explicitly glossed over this information in this thread. It's fair to point out that this reads as a fairly extreme inconsistency in your judgment of quarterback play, is it not?

And, no, Purdy does not "suck." I didn't say that, and I didn't really imply it by simply stating that he isn't a top-10 nor does he come close to deserving MVP. I'm not gonna glaze his butthole because he's got stats, either. Jimmy Garoppolo had friggin' stats and brought a worse 49ers offense to a Super Bowl. It's a pattern.

Let's call these dudes the same way.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
No one said that. It’s a great situation for him. But to say he has nothing to do with it is wrong. Darnold, Jimmy G, Lance etc none were this good. He was the last pick of the draft and deserves a little credit.
Ok. But just a little bit.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I don't understand why broadcasters now will talk, and talk some more, about missed calls.

It's to nobody's benefit. Pisses off fans that got the short end, and annnoys fans who benefited.
It’s to legitimize the sport. Like we know we feked up and we see it and we want you to know we’re aware of it and we will fix it in practice this week but we were still clawin and scrapin and jackin and pumpin

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Saying he's deserving of MVP candidacy in terms of his talent level isn't "a little credit."

A little credit is saying he's top-half of the league right now and is doing his part to operate a juggernaut on offense, but is not singularly great in any facet of his play.

A lot of credit is saying he's a deserving MVP consideration.

Ozzy

Reaction score
what's with the strawman arguments lately, man?

I'm responding to a reply here calling Dan Campbell the dumbest coach in football, and this is your response? Hell's that about?

Let me be as clear as possible to try to negate further strawmen.

Purdy is middling and not a top-10 overall quarterback talent. His stats are largely manufactured by heavy separation in the Shanahan offense, which is happening in Miami as well. Their 21 personnel is unstoppable, as is Miami's. The Shanahan tree is averaging just about a full yard more per snap than any other.

Purdy does not operate consistently in a positive fashion when the degree of difficulty for offensive execution is increased. When he is under duress and tighter coverage, he is prone to poor downfield accuracy, directly resulting in two egregious dropped interceptions in this game alone. You use interceptable passes as a primary criticism of our own passes frequently yet have explicitly glossed over this information in this thread. It's fair to point out that this reads as a fairly extreme inconsistency in your judgment of quarterback play, is it not?

And, no, Purdy does not "suck." I didn't say that, and I didn't really imply it by simply stating that he isn't a top-10 nor does he come close to deserving MVP. I'm not gonna glaze his butthole because he's got stats, either. Jimmy Garoppolo had friggin' stats and brought a worse 49ers offense to a Super Bowl. It's a pattern.

Let's call these dudes the same way.

We can start another thread on this but Purdy is much better than you’re giving him credit for. On judging QB I’d argue no but at that point it’s starting to get personal so it’s pointless arguing with you over Geno and/or Purdy. You’re entitled to your opinion and I’ll
just disagree. I’ve never seen a middling QB have the first two years in the league he’s having with a terrible line. It just doesn’t happen.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Saying he's deserving of MVP candidacy in terms of his talent level isn't "a little credit."

A little credit is saying he's top-half of the league right now and is doing his part to operate a juggernaut on offense, but is not singularly great in any facet of his play.

A lot of credit is saying he's a deserving MVP consideration.

He’s had a monster year behind a terrible offensive line in his second year in the league. I’m ok admitting he’s pretty good.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ok.. GOff is just throwing crap.. gibbs was open
.. maybe

rjdriver

Reaction score
This cavalier attitude on 4th down is downright ridiculous. It's the NFCCG on the road. You should have two more FG's on the board

Latest posts