Lindy's Draft profiles Comp to Seattle Draft

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I love the Draft, been watching it every year since the 2006 or so. Each Year I pick up LINDY'S SPORTS PRO FOOTBALL DRAFT MAGAZINE.
Obviously it's not the end all be all, but I think it's a good resource though Lindy's doesn't have updated information like Combine info (since it's so late now). In year's past we'd draft a dude, and I'd search the magazine only to find that player not even in the book. This year. All but our final pick is there. I thought many of you might enjoy this information.
In most cases Seattle got the correct value or even excellent value for their picks. The major discrepancy is Boye Mafe and Abraham Lucas.
On the plus side though- Cross and Walker were drafted exactly where they were projected. While Both CB's, Tyreke Smith and Bo Melton were drafted well past the range they were expected to go at least according to this. Which indicates to me great value. I'm just glad all but 1 are in the book :)

Pick# Position Name Lindy’s Projection

1-9 (9) LT Charles Cross Rnk 3rd- 1st Round

2-8 (40) DE Boye Mafe OLB Rnk 11th- 5th round

2-9(41) RB Kenneth Walker RB Rnk 1st- 2nd Round

3-8(72) RT Abraham Lucas OT Rnk-13-4th Round

4-4(109) CB Coby Bryant CB Rnk-6th – 2nd Round

5-10(153) CB Tariq Woolen CB Rnk 14th- 3rd Round

5-15(158) DE Tyreke Smith DE Rnk 11th- 3rd-4th Round

7-8(229) WR Bo Melton WR Rnk 13th*- 2nd-3rd Round

7-12(233) WR Dareke Young Not Listed

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Yeah Mafe started surging up draft boards pretty late. Lucas wasn’t that far off and around draft time was considered the best college RT in the country if I recall correctly.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but anyone have any theories on why Melton dropped so far?

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
Maybe this has been discussed elsewhere, but anyone have any theories on why Melton dropped so far?
My guess, in a deep WR class you get players falling farther later than they should after WR needy teams pick a WR earlier on then don’t feel the need or want to double up….as they target other needs. Team with WR depth already do t target WR in the draft, result you have player falling to later rounds than the would normally rank in a shallower class.