Let's talk about Brooks.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I rewatched the last game and he in particular stood out to me on defense, for all of the wrong reasons. He also made a few appearances against the Broncos as well. He looks a bit lost and out of sorts out there and he's not making the tackles that he needs to. His coverage has been poor and he has struggled to wrap people up. I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about how out of sorts he looks. He legitimately has looked bad this season even with the D-Line doing their job.

He's taken a huge step back and filling in for Wagner seems to be taking a toll on him. Half the time he doesn't seem to know what's going on. I hope he takes a step forward, because right now he's looking rough.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I couldn't worry about Brooks if I tried. But he was one of many who couldn't tackle for sh** yesterday.

Mizak

Reaction score
Should have played in the preseason. Mahomes played in the first 2 preseason games and look where the Chiefs are.

kidhawk

Reaction score
We definitely have a team defense tackling problem. I can understand a busted coverage leaving guys wide open from time to time, but the level of tackling I'm seeing (and have seen since preseason began) is just not tolerable at the NFL level. We won't win many games if our tackling doesn't improve. If we can get some good consistent tackling though, I think we can have a pretty stout defense for the most part.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I have been watching Brooks and he hasent been good. Hopefully he finds himself as the season progresses.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Right now, the ball carrier as a runner is not going down on the 1st touch. We are one of the worst teams in having broken tackles against us.
It does not matter if the runner is a RB or WR, but the LBs and DL are the biggest culprits. The DBs are missing a few, but they are sticking their heads in there.
So far, our LB group is terrible.

Brooks is certainly one of the reasons.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
He's not getting off blocks, or is flat out of position, and doing a lot of chasing as a result.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Both Brooks and Taylor have been subpar to start this season which is a major bummer and I expected both to be good/great players this year. Hopefully they can get it together and play well.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Taylor needs to stop running himself out of making plays. Even on rushing plays, he charges up field completely oblivious to his assignment to contain the edge.