LeSean McCoy traded to Buffalo for Kiko Alonso

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1snj0ttb said:
JSeahawks":1snj0ttb said:
eagles save 8 million. Melvin Gordon will be unbelievable in that Philly offense.

Did Chip Kelly's mom tell you that?

I was just flipping pehawk crap cuz we went round and round about Chris Polk before that draft (and so far I've been proven right on that one. Although my boy lamichael James from that draft hasn't done anything either)

pehawk

Reaction score
slargent4ever":13aq08h4 said:
pehawk":13aq08h4 said:
JSeahawks":13aq08h4 said:
pehawk":13aq08h4 said:
Word is they're big on Polk in Philly too.

Chris polks mom tell you that?

Jerramy Stevens mom and brother emailed me once over an article here.

Get on twitter, technological zilch

Did they really? Just wondering, I know the Stevens and while Jerramy is a piece of work the rest of the family are pretty good people. What was the article?

Yeah they did.

I love NFL trades. So awesom. Gossipy goodness.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2kjq32ji said:
Eagles could have nearly 55M in cap room if they release Demeco Ryans

Have a feeling we found our Suh suitor
I could see Suh playing in Philly. He's worth the money he will get.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Rex Ryan is going to have a horse, I love it.

I never trust a college coach who wants all his old players. It smells bad. Though I do agree they are lining themselves up to go after Suh.

2_0_6

Reaction score
They cleared $31.5 million in cap space today alone with their cuts. They have all kinds of cash to throw at Maxwell, McCourty, Maclin, and Cobb now.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":hqct15xz said:
Eagles could have nearly 55M in cap room if they release Demeco Ryans

Have a feeling we found our Suh suitor

Eagles already have one of the better 3-4 defensive lines with Benny Logan, Fletcher Cox, and Ced Thornton. While Suh is a beast, I don't see the Eagles going that route.

I think they'll be spending big in the secondary (McCourty/Maxwell/Moore/Searcy/Revis) among the possible names and they still need some help at OLB (Jason Worilds, perhaps).

Upgrading that secondary a bit and going to a LB corps of something like Worilds/Alonso/Kendricks/Barwin would be a massive upgrade from what they had last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I simply don't understand why he has to have ex Ducks to run a system that both McCoy and Foles thrived in while learning it year 1. And that Grantland article is pretty far off base, trying to say McCoy is in decline is nuts. He is 26, and coming off a season where his O-line was a shambles early on. Freeing up money I get. Saying a guy who got 5.1 YPC a year ago is declining and not a system fit seems revisionist.

Chip currently has 9 Ducks on the roster, and if his plan to Duckify the place continues, he will have a dozen by TC. And it isn't just really good Duck players he gets, see: Casey Matthews.

pehawk

Reaction score
I actually like the move for both teams. Chip's system should consistently be able to create a run game, regardless of the RB. Especially in a NFCE built on DE's for the past 20 years. Kiko is an energizer bunny type...and that's the type of LB Chip has to have.

For the Bills, it's a good splash move to go with the public makeover campaign. I keep thinking of McCoy ending up being Rex's Curtis Matin.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2qps4utv said:
Chip currently has 9 Ducks on the roster, and if his plan to Duckify the place continues, he will have a dozen by TC. And it isn't just really good Duck players he gets, see: Casey Matthews.

Mathews was in Philly before chip was. The only 2 I see being on his roster long term are Alonso and josh huff. The other guys are fringe roster types who I believe he kept around to set his pace in practice and create the culture he wants. As he builds his roster I expect most of those ex-ducks to be cast off.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
McCoy gets a new deal, too:

Buffalo has reached agreement on a five-year, $40 million contract with running back LeSean McCoy, agent Drew Rosenhaus told PFT’s Mike Florio on Sunday.

The deal includes $26.5 million in guarantees, Rosenhaus said.

Under the new contract, McCoy will receive a significant pay bump in 2015. He’ll make $16 million this season, compared to $10 million under his existing deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/bills-agree-to-five-year-deal-with-lesean-mccoy/

He's making $16 million this year.

$16 MILLION.

Glad we got Lynch's contract done already. Just in time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Here's the breakdown of his new deal:

McCoy gets a $13.125 million signing bonus and a $2.625 million salary for 2015. Coupled with a $250,000 workout bonus, that’s $16 million in year one.

Next year, McCoy gets a $4.8 million salary and a $250,000 workout bonus. In 2017, the salary moves to $6 million, with a $250,000 workout bonus. In 2018, the salary becomes $6.075 million, with the same workout bonus. In 2019, the salary is $6.175 million, with the same workout bonus.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/bills-break-the-bank-for-mccoy/