LB, 2023

toffee

Reaction score
Our LB corp. after signing Bobby. Positive points, Bobby is still Bobby, Taylor and Nwosu but had 9 sacks last season, and Mafe didn't suck on setting edge. However, Bobby is slower compare to his prime, and we don't know when the cliff will come, Taylor sucked most of last season, Mafe wasn't great at getting to QBs, Devin was billed as a bust. Can we trust the Bobby Devin MLB? Will Taylor still be a liability on run plays? I inserted jack Campbell, a high floor low ceiling guy with high IQ and billed as MLB. How to improve our LB corp. further?

OLBBoye MafeDarrell TaylorVi Jones
MLBBobby WagnerNick BelloreJoshua OnujioguJordyn injured
MLBDevin BushJack CampbellJon Rhattigan
OLBUchenna Nwosu
Tyreke Smith

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Which LB in round 3 - 7?
maybe dorian williams / noah sewell / overshown. and owen pappoe ran a 4.39 at the combine but he's only 6'0" 225lbs, so he's not exactly a guy that can take on 320lb lineman, but he could be great in coverage.

not exactly a good / deep LB class.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
maybe dorian williams / noah sewell / overshown. and owen pappoe ran a 4.39 at the combine but he's only 6'0" 225lbs, so he's not exactly a guy that can take on 320lb lineman, but he could be great in coverage.

not exactly a good / deep LB class.
Pappoe is actually smaller than Kam, our oversized SS. :)

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Who’s the Alabama LB? He’s supposed to be a hitter.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
if we were able to draft campbell, he would start over bush

with the addition of bwagz, i'm starting to think we wait until rounds 3-7 target a MLB.
PFF mock has Campbell going at late 1st or very early 2nd, that gets in the way of drafting Mazi. I prioritize NT over MLB although both big holes in our defense.

sdog1981

Reaction score
They need more bodies for ST too. There are some interesting names still out there for free agency and the draft is always filled with surprises.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
SirVocea Dennis, LB, Pitt . there is something about this kid that I like. Good tackler but needs improvement in covering TE and WR. Have a feeling he will learn and adjust. Like Campbell 1st tho.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
SirVocea Dennis, LB, Pitt . there is something about this kid that I like. Good tackler but needs improvement in covering TE and WR. Have a feeling he will learn and adjust. Like Campbell 1st tho.
Taking Jack Campbell in late first or early second is a bit of reach, but he might not be there at #37, not according to PFF simulator anyways.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
There's a fall-off of linebackers (MLB) after round 3 in this draft... it's not very deep. Maybe some special teamers and other dudes that need a position change, or to add some weight, muscle, and coaching. If we're drafting someone to start, we'd better do it in the first two rounds. After Henley, there's a sharp drop-off.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Did sanders play MLB in college?
Think he played both.
Sanders was a big signing for Alabama in 2020, ranking as a five-star prospect and top overall high school player from talent-rich Texas. The two-way star played on the defensive side and on special teams as a true freshman for the national champions, making nine stops in 12 contests. The Denton native started three times in 12 appearances the following year (24 tackles, 2.5 for loss with one sack, two pass breakups) but was limited by an injury suffered at Ole Miss midway through the season. Sanders decided to transfer to Arkansas to play inside for the Razorbacks in 2022 and stood out immediately. He garnered first-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-SEC honors and was a finalist for the Dick Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker, leading the team with 103 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 9.5 sacks and three forced fumbles. Sanders also intercepted a pass and broke up five others in 12 starts before opting out of the team's bowl game to prepare for the draft. -- by Chad Reuter

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Daiyan Henley in the second round for me. Would be awesome next to Wagner. I hope yhey go Carter, Breese, Center, Henley

they have met with Henly already, so solid shot they draft this kid

Latest posts