Lang visited (UPDATE: signs with Lions)

Seymour

Reaction score
Latest tweet minutes ago...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/840750091547824128[/tweet]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
The only concrete evidence I've gotten from this entire thread is that Twitter is crap. Absolute garbage.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1qwsodgg said:
The only concrete evidence I've gotten from this entire thread is that Twitter is crap. Absolute garbage.

You are a Jedi.....you have just passed the last test....

Seafan

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2xwe797m said:

Since it is drumphs favorite toy does that surprise you?

Seymour

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2bpz11d3 said:

Yep....just have to dig through the crap to find the gem. It's all we got since they are keeping this totally under raps. None of the reporters have any bead on this story at all. Paul put his executive secret service on this one. :2thumbs: :snack:

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Imagine we sign this guy.
What would be your favorite starting 5 on the line?

Joekel Glow Britt Lang Ifedi ?

Who would be your preferred backups and who would backup Britt at Center?
Rees, Fant, Gilliam,

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Seafan":3dbcbw1j said:
Seanhawk":3dbcbw1j said:

Yeah.
Are we sure about that?

Yes, Twitter means all kinds of shite to all kinds of people. Like FB it is increasingly being used as personal advertisements by many, interesting sometimes, but 99% of it is stream of conscious crap. Wait a minute.. should I hit send?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2q36bnzy said:

Rees, Fant, Gilliam,

I'm still not ruling out the idea of Lang switching to tackle. It would be great if ifedi could slide out to tackle, though.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1med0t1v said:
joeseahawks":1med0t1v said:

Rees, Fant, Gilliam,

I'm still not ruling out the idea of Lang switching to tackle. It would be great if ifedi could slide out to tackle, though.

I think you leave Lang at guard. We need to plug the middle of the line with a short QB. Lang guarantees that but if you move him you now have a chance 2 positions are less than optimum instead of 1. They've said they wont move Fant, but he may work out better at R tackle than guard, who knows.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/840749931824529408[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TJLang70/status/840750091547824128[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JustinBritt68/status/840750583925489665[/tweet]

240cb20110701192358

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow on Selection Sunday where TJ goes to play now

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1i8yql2t said:
Well, I guess we'll find out tomorrow on Selection Sunday where TJ goes to play now
Is 'Selection Sunday' an actual date?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":20tozr3b said:
Jerhawk":20tozr3b said:
Is 'Selection Sunday' an actual date?
It is for the teams going to the NCAA basketball tournament. Don't know if it is for TJ Lang.

Atradees

Reaction score

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This thread has been the perfect roller-coaster of both optimism and pessimism.

Day 1: Seahawks sit pat at the start, while other teams are burning cap. Each top Oline off the board brings a sense of dread. Then comes the Joeckel signing, solid but uninspiring signing. Seahawks set up dates with a trio of RBs. Also, solid but uninspiring news. Then comes news of a Lang visit the next day. And he's the Seahawks top priority.

Some positive clamor starts generating from the masses only to be followed by the negative nancies that are so sure the Seahawks are being used as leverage. Lang is giving GB first right of refusal. He's from Michigan. We don't have the cap to compete.

Morality dips but the possibility of adding a top notch Linemen gives us hope.

Day 2: Crickets, followed by sounds of silence, man this place is a mourge. Flight delayed! Is he or isnt he in town. Where's the updates. I need an update. Oh snap he's not signing, if he leaves. Has he left? Were are being used. He's not signing. Wait, GB, Det, and Denver continue to sign players. There's a chance. Denver's out. Update? Has he left? Where in the world is TJ Lang. He's not signing. Aww, man more Oline off the boards. We're being used. He's not signing. Seahawks won't make a serious enough offer because they removed all elements of surprise. Has he left, cuz if he left, he's not going to sign. Bros, chill out, sometimes no news is good news... Let the process due its course. Oh, ok but I still don't believe...

Day 3: Oh, what?! It was a 2 day visit. Holy crap! Updates galore. Lang brang the wife. The visit went well, Lang was impressed. If he leaves, though, he's not signing. Dude, Lang just followed Seahawks on Twitter. Britt and Ifedi just followed him. Ah, man I can feel it, we are close to getting Lang. Nah, man Twitter is junk, Langs got jokes. We're still being used as leverage, he's not going to sign. He might sign. Maybe but I doubt it. If he left, he's not going to sign. Possible decision as early as tomorrow.

Three fanbases left on the edge of thier seats, some already in denial predicting the worst outcome, with many still biting thier nails in hopes to land this dude.

This by far has been the most entertaining free agent visit in long while. And I hope they make a movie out of it. Wherever Lang lands, this process was pure gold.

razor150

Reaction score
Seymour":1osnu4m0 said:
Jimjones0384":1osnu4m0 said:
joeseahawks":1osnu4m0 said:

Rees, Fant, Gilliam,

I think you leave Lang at guard. We need to plug the middle of the line with a short QB. Lang guarantees that but if you move him you now have a chance 2 positions are less than optimum instead of 1. They've said they wont move Fant, but he may work out better at R tackle than guard, who knows.

I'd say leave him at guard as well. I just don't know if Ifedi is better than Gilliam at RT though, both were pretty bad last year. That said an addition like Lang could help with the development of players like Gilliam and Ifedi, and can even help Britt settle in at center. The big thing you hear about him is how he is such a leader, and with an Oline as young as ours that is exactly what they need, and experienced leader.

Mexi

Reaction score
I think assuming we sign Lang. Having a Joeckel/Britt/Lang interior is really solid. If Russell should hate anything, it's pressure up the middle. Kick out Ifedi to Right Tackle and draft Cam Robinson. Pressure coming from the outside should be easier for Russ to evade.

Landhawk1

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the location of his latest Twitter post? East Renton Highlands, WA. Sounds like he might be sticking around. Press conference tomorrow perhaps? We shall see.

Go Hawks!