LA Angels @ Seattle Mariners Apr 3 - 5

Vesuve

Reaction score
Poor hitting. Poor pitching. Poor defense. Mental mistakes. This team, this franchise, is infuriating.

They finally get people to come out and support them, and they play like the same ol Mariners. What an embarrassment. Being an Ms fan truly is testing at times
I stopped caring a few years ago.

I still watch the games and enjoy them.

But I don't care if they win or lose.

balakoth

Reaction score
I bitched about Festa last year and everyone kept telling me look at his stats and splits and what have you..

But every time I have to watch this guy pitch, Im on edge..

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We seem to have a weak bottom of the linup, I'm not sure batting Julio leadoff is the best place for him.. I thin they need his bat where he can produce runs. Elsewise, he's batting with no one on base.

NoGain

Reaction score
Agree from what I've been able to watch that it's been a pretty all round bad team performance so far, excepting a few players like Castillo, Ty, maybe Suarez... If they hobble along like a cart with square wheels too long, there's going to be that crowd of people who are going to say we didn't do enough this past off season. And I think that's on ownership more than anything/anyone else.

QWERTY

Reaction score
We seem to have a weak bottom of the linup, I'm not sure batting Julio leadoff is the best place for him.. I thin they need his bat where he can produce runs. Elsewise, he's batting with no one on base.
Even if Julio gets the hits and can't produce the Runs or the RBI's.

He also won't be top 25 player as well.

No but seriously yeah I agree he has to be batting 3rd or 4th.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still on that ridiculous claim about Julio? Thanks for the laugh.
It's a crappy start for the M's, it sucks. There's literally 157 games left. People giving up already is hilarious. But do you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not going to freak out yet. Mariners lost 4 in a row in the first week of 2022 as well
Philly is 0-4, I highly doubt they are gonna' pack it in. They lost some games they should have won vs. Cleveland.
Shit happens. On to the next one.

And for the record, I'm pissed off about the start. They have no business being 1-4. But the overreaction by fans is plain dumb.
Houston is 2-3. They better pack it in too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
LHP Jose Suarez vs. RHP Luis Castillo

Suarez went 8-8 with a 3.96 ERA in 2022. He had a 1.25 WHIP, 2.7 BB/9 and 8.5 K/9 in 109 IP across 20 starts and 2 relief appearances.

• Went 3-4 with a 3.75 ERA and 45 K across 50 1/3 IP in 10 starts and 1 relief appearance on the road last season.
  • Posted a 1-2 record, 3.92 ERA and .250 opponent batting average (OBA) across 20 2/3 IP in 3 starts and 1 relief appearance against the Mariners last season
Castillo makes his 2nd start of the season. He allowed only 1 hit and no walks with 6 K across 6 scoreless IP in a no-decision against Cleveland on Thursday.

• Went 4-1 with a 2.69 ERA with 87 K and a .191 OBA in 73 2/3 IP across 12 home starts in 2022
  • Allowed 2 ER, 6 H and 1 BB with 9 K across 6 IP in a no-decision on the road against the Angels Aug. 15, 2022, in his only appearance against L.A. last season

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Would be nice if they could get their shit together. I absolutely hate watching the Angels celebrate on our field.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Philly is 0-4, I highly doubt they are gonna' pack it in. They lost some games they should have won vs. Cleveland.
Shit happens. On to the next one.

And for the record, I'm pissed off about the start. They have no business being 1-4. But the overreaction by fans is plain dumb.
Houston is 2-3. They better pack it in too.
I'm like the Eore of Seattle sports. I just expect the worst and keep a negative mindset.

Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed. That's what I tell my employees

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I wish you were joking, but maybe you're not? Wanting to be negative? Good luck with that Jer :ROFLMAO:
You'll be pulling for the M's all year. I have no doubt :)

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Winky and Frazier are off to good starts. Course.
Didn't love those moves. Pretty sure Kelenic won't be an upgrade over Winker (except as a fielder). Kolten Wong vs. Adam Frazier? Pretty much a wash, although Wong kind of fell off a cliff defensively last year. I hope he doesn't have a similar offensive collapse this year. Why make moves if they don't make you better?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, after 5 games, we clearly know how the whole season will go for the M's. And for Winker and Frazier :cautious:

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Still on that ridiculous claim about Julio? Thanks for the laugh.
It's a crappy start for the M's, it sucks. There's literally 157 games left. People giving up already is hilarious. But do you.
Kind of like Seahawks fans that give up 3 minutes into a game. They still have 97% of the season left to play.