Kyler M…ooohhhwheee

IndyHawk

Reaction score
KM is not even close to Manning. Pro-bowls are fan driven and not a real indicator of how good a player is,
Damn right KM cannot even sniff PM's jock or reach it.
When PM first came in the rules were lot different.
KM couldn't survive the vicious hits of that era.
It matters..PM had to really earn it.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
KM is not even close to Manning. Pro-bowls are fan driven and not a real indicator of how good a player is,
Which is it Rosco? You base a QB's value solely on how many playoff games they have won, putting Kyler Murray up there at the same level of Peyton Manning.
Now you've changed your mind, it seems you're saying KM, and maybe also Peyton Manning are bad, because you know, popularity contests.

He'll likely cash in with a hefty payday, and continue to play at an average to above average level with flashes of excellence.

Last edited:

Rosco

Reaction score
Which is it Rosco? You base a QB's value solely on how many playoff games they have won, putting Kyler Murray up there at the same level of Peyton Manning.
Now you've changed your mind, it seems you're saying KM, and maybe also Peyton Manning are bad, because you know, popularity contests.

He'll likely cash in with a hefty payday, and continue to play at an average to above average level with flashes of excellence.
KM hasn’t showed anything. Other than the fact he’s too small to last in the NFL. He’s has shown he has poor intangibles like poor leadership. His own teammates have said as much.
The fact that the cardinals had to include a clause that says KM has to, at the least, do 4 hrs of film study a week says he has poor work ethic. KM is going to be a flash in the pan, in 3 years People will be asking what happened to KM.

Rosco

Reaction score

I’m not the one using a popularity contest(pro-bowl) to say KM or PM is good.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
What’s Kyler done to be top 10? Arizona is going to regret it., but ultimately didn’t have a choice.

Y'know, I thought the same thing, and then I went and looked at his efficiency numbers, and I confess I was a little surprised to see that he was actually up there in 2021.

For example, Murray was 7th in DVOA (from FootballOutsiders) in 2021 (by DYAR, 9th, so he produced with decent volume too).
For comparison to a QB you know better, the Seahawks' (now-former) QB was 12th in DVOA and 15th in DYAR in 2021.

In 2019-2020, Murray was not in the top ten.
Murray was 18th in efficiency (DVOA) and 15th in production (DYAR) in 2020.
In 2019, he was 21st in both.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
He's won the same number of playoff games that Peyton Manning won in his 1st 3 seasons when Manning was OROY and a ProBowler in years 2 & 3.

Comparing Murray to Peyton Manning, as of the beginning of the fourth year of Murray's career, is just silly.

Manning was 14th in DVOA and 12th in DYAR in his rookie season (Murray was 21st in both in his rookie season). In his second season, Manning was second in both DVOA and DYAR, a level Murray still hasn't reached (coffcoffWilsonhasn'teithercoffcoff). In his third season, Manning was the best in the league in both DVOA and DYAR.

Manning was more than just a Pro Bowler in his second and third seasons. By the end of his third season, Manning had been All-Pro twice as many times as Russell Wilson, whom people around here call things like "generational" and "HoFer," has been in ten seasons (second-team All-Pro twice, while Wilson was second-team All-Pro once, in 2020). Manning would go on to be All-Pro eight more times (second-team one more time, first-team seven times). Kyler Murray hasn't been anywhere even close to All-Pro so far.

Murray being 7th and 9th in DVOA and DYAR in his third season are among the reasonable arguments that Murray was legitimately a top-ten QB in 2021. But by the same point in his career, Manning was the best QB in the league.

Despite Murray's youth (2022 will be his age-25 season) and his better-than-I-had-suspected performance in 2021, I don't think he will consistently be in the top third of QBs.

flv2

Reaction score
I didn't say Murray was as good as Manning. I was asked what Murray had done, and after 3 seasons his performance has roughly mirrored that of Manning - OROY, ProBowl in years 2 & 3, no playoff wins. pro-football-reference.com gave Murray an 'Approximate Value' total of 46 for his 1st 3 seasons...the same as Manning. Comparing 1st 3 seasons by that site: Derek Carr scored 30, Marcus Mariota scored 34, Jameis Winston, Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield all scored 35, Dak Prescott 42, Andrew Luck 44, Cam Newton 51, & Russell Wilson 52.

Fade

Reaction score
If KM was an ironman, never missed games, didn't pout, and was a great leader, it'd be a great contract. But he has those issues, so…… …they're boned.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Saw this and couldn't help myself from bumping this thread back up.