Kraken Coach

JPatera76

Reaction score
What makes this dude so special? Because so far.. between last year and SO FAR this year… I see a lot of inconsistencies.

Even tonight so far the shots are way less the passing looks worse than last night and a lack of discipline. Idk

Ruminator

Reaction score
I recall the FO initially wanted someone else, I forget who, to be the Kraken's first coach, but he wasn't available for some reason, so Hackstol was their second choice. I heard that he was a pretty decent NCAA coach, but at the NHL level, Philadelphia Flyer fans were largely displeased with his coaching approach and were glad to see him go.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
I recall the FO initially wanted someone else, I forget who, to be the Kraken's first coach, but he wasn't available for some reason, so Hackstol was their second choice. I heard that he was a pretty decent NCAA coach, but at the NHL level, Philadelphia Flyer fans were largely displeased with his coaching approach and were glad to see him go.
I kind of see where the flyer fans felt that. lol

Last night after the 2nd intermission the team looked better. Jones is a far better Goalie than Gru, But still a lot of inconsistencies it felt like. The team wasn't taking as many shots and played more keep away. But.. I'll admit im new to hockey and still learning. lol

Ruminator

Reaction score
I might be misremembering, maybe it was the GM that they couldn't get so they went with Francis. Hmm. Anyone know?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the biggest mistake coaching/GM made was heavily investing in bad to mediocre goalies. Cost and length of contracts are bad for the talent level or lack there of.

I like the way they assembled the rest of the team. They made some great acquisitions in the off-season and had a great draft. The glaring hole is the starting goalie.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Agree. Unless Gru gets better in a hurry and/or Jones continues playing well as he did the Kings game, we can probably expect to see a lot of 4-5 type final scores. Sounds like Jones might actually be better than Gru, with better awareness, body placement, and attitude. Been hearing that Gru lets his emotions get the better of him when pucks find his net. Look forward to watching more of Jones his next few starts.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Agree. Unless Gru gets better in a hurry and/or Jones continues playing well as he did the Kings game, we can probably expect to see a lot of 4-5 type final scores. Sounds like Jones might actually be better than Gru, with better awareness, body placement, and attitude. Been hearing that Gru lets his emotions get the better of him when pucks find his net. Look forward to watching more of Jones his next few starts.
Funny you say that I feel like it does, and it becomes a snowball effect downhill from there.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Just heard Jones will be starting again tonight and will defend the net against the Golden Girls. Glad Hakstol isn't just going back to Gru because of "seniority," instead starting a guy who performed decidedly better as of late.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Just heard Jones will be starting again tonight and will defend the net against the Golden Girls. Glad Hakstol isn't just going back to Gru because of "seniority," instead starting a guy who performed decidedly better as of late.
Good. He gave all of last year for Grub to get his crap together and he didn’t..
Grub lacks the consistency to start.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
Bullshit power play score for Vegas .. dude punched himself sold it like a soccer bitch and they get a score off it.

Does the NHL have a weird fetish love for Vegas cuz they get a lot of favorable shit

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bullshit power play score for Vegas .. dude punched himself sold it like a soccer bitch and they get a score off it.

Does the NHL have a weird fetish love for Vegas cuz they get a lot of favorable shit
As my short time as a Kraken/NHL fan I’m starting to believe it myself.
I remember a kicked puck goal in the very first game last year, they reviewed it and allowed it.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
As my short time as a Kraken/NHL fan I’m starting to believe it myself.
I remember a kicked puck goal in the very first game last year, they reviewed it and allowed it.
Bs penalty shot and another penalty..
And the Knights just happen to be playing picture perfect except for one time Seattle got the PP..

Lol and I remember that Kick that pissed myself a lot of other hockey fans I do know who have followed much longer than me off. And i remember the announcers were pissed too.

Vegas smh If this is how it goes with the NHL thankfully I’m not invested so much so it’ll be easy for me to walk away.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Now Vegas is up 4-0. M’s lost in 18 innings, a shitty day for Seattle sports.