Kolten Wong 2nd baseman

TIMD

Reaction score
Mariners once again just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. They haven't ADDED anything that moves their talent needle dramatically up. Hernandez is basically a replacement for Hanigar, because he more than likely won't be back. So they still haven't ADDED a Major League OF bat. They moved 2 loser scrubs off the roster for the 2023 version of Adam Frazier, who is also gone. Kolten Wong is not a game changer, if he actually hits as high as .260, I'll be shocked. I guess getting rid of Winker & that scrub Toro is addition by subtraction.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tesoscar Hernanzdes has hit .280 and played 130+ games a year the last 3 years. Haniger hasn't had a productive and healthy year since 2018. We are entering 2023. I like Haniger a lot, but Teoscar is an improvement and a big one.

Wong is an improvement over Frazier and you got rid of two idiots.

Mariners still have 2 or 3 more major deals to go. They need to find some more power at DH/OF and if they aren't moving Brash to SP probably a good arm.

Let's see in a few weeks. Ton of great FAs left.

sutz

Reaction score
Tesoscar Hernanzdes has hit .280 and played 130+ games a year the last 3 years. Haniger hasn't had a productive and healthy year since 2018. We are entering 2023. I like Haniger a lot, but Teoscar is an improvement and a big one.

Mariners still have 2 or 3 more major deals to go. They need to find some more power at DH/OF and if they aren't moving Brash to SP probably a good arm.

Haniger was a stud in 2021.

157 games. .253/.318/.485 (BA/OBP/SLG)

Bobblehead

Reaction score

2021Mariners1576201101571005416939.253
I thought he had a good year in 21.... got some freaky injuries afterwards.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Never claimed they did. What does that have to do with talent level though.

Asterisks just added Abreu, Rangers just added DeGrom, Mariners just added Wong. Seattle just lost ground on 2 competitors.
Wong I believe is clearly an upgrade from what we have had, granted, not in the levels of the 4 we wish we could have, but still an upgrade. That said he's probably on a stepping stone as he's a FA after this coming year. Yeah, lost ground.. but Wong may not be the last move we make and Texas getting DeGrom, well, you know they still have their bullpen and Abreu, well, he's not getting any younger and I don't see him as a great upgrade from their prior firstbasemen who seemed to hit us well as I recall.. We'll see how the winter meetings pan out.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Once Judge signs somewhere we will start to see more dominoes fall. If this is it for the M's then that makes me think they'll go after Ohtani after next season.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Once Judge signs somewhere we will start to see more dominoes fall. If this is it for the M's then that makes me think they'll go after Ohtani after next season.
I can see a sharp agent. Ohtani huh? Well lets see.. a hitter.. thats going to be 300,000,000 / 8 years and we can add another 300,000,000 /8 years as a option to use him as a pitcher for those years.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ohtani will be out of their “budget”.

TIMD

Reaction score
Wong I believe is clearly an upgrade from what we have had, granted, not in the levels of the 4 we wish we could have, but still an upgrade. That said he's probably on a stepping stone as he's a FA after this coming year. Yeah, lost ground.. but Wong may not be the last move we make and Texas getting DeGrom, well, you know they still have their bullpen and Abreu, well, he's not getting any younger and I don't see him as a great upgrade from their prior firstbasemen who seemed to hit us well as I recall.. We'll see how the winter meetings pan out.
Everyone thought Frazier was an upgrade too & he totally sucked. I can easily see Wong pulling the same act. Hope I'm wrong, but this has Figgins, Cirillo, Spiezio, Frazier written all over it.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Everyone thought Frazier was an upgrade too & he totally sucked. I can easily see Wong pulling the same act. Hope I'm wrong, but this has Figgins, Cirillo, Spiezio, Frazier written all over it.
Well if you say so.. of course, if we got any of the elite 4 that are out there, guess what, every one will think it's an uprade as well..Another thing, Frazier was an upgrade to who we had, so theirs that as well.

TIMD

Reaction score
Well if you say so.. of course, if we got any of the elite 4 that are out there, guess what, every one will think it's an uprade as well..Another thing, Frazier was an upgrade to who we had, so theirs that as well.
The Brewers gave away Wong for the 2 worst offensive players the M's had in 2022.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um, Wong has 2 GOLD GLOVES. But by all means TIMD, do what you always do. Whine like a 5 year old.
You "hope you're wrong?"
NO, you don't at all. You make Fade look like a good poster.

TIMD

Reaction score
Um, Wong has 2 GOLD GLOVES. But by all means TIMD, do what you always do. Whine like a 5 year old.
You "hope you're wrong?"
NO, you don't at all. You make Fade look like a good poster.
*Deleted by Mod* The Mariners are dumpster diving again as usual & you know it. Stop being in denial. They make a few moves with TRADES, giving up talent to get talent in deals, dumping garbage for garbage in other deals. Who in the hell would actually pay QUALITY for two scrubs like Winker/Toro? Would YOU? The M's/DiBozo are doing what they do EVERY off-season...... Replace the replacements they acquired the year before via trade. They have holes to fill in that offense & refuse to spend the money to do so with a legit free agent. It's trade after trade or some minor signing to go along with the role players already on the roster. These guys are in love with the platoon player. The M's will be middle of the pack as always in salary & will come up short again. The Mariners are done adding significant players, they have already said so. Open your eyes. They are not going all-in on a World Series push.

Last edited by a moderator:

TIMD

Reaction score
so whats the problem?
Would YOU give away a player you valued for 2 pieces of worthless trash like Winker/Toro? If not, why do you expect someone else will? Milwaukee has been desperately trying to dump Wong.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Would YOU give away a player you valued for 2 pieces of worthless trash like Winker/Toro? If not, why do you expect someone else will? Milwaukee has been desperately trying to dump Wong.
It was probably on oversight that the Brewers didn't consult with you first, the idiots. I'm sure they saw in the young Toro what the M's saw, the potential of a very good player that can play all over the field and while in the minors a very good hitter that hasn't quite panned out in the big leagues, as of yet. While Wong isnt in the upper echelons of players, he's better than what we currently have and though he probably won't be the catalyst that springs us to the world series he could be a solid piece that the M's don't have to worry about. M's will just have to find another way to the WS. Besides, who says he's the finale word at 2nd base anyway.

TIMD

Reaction score
It was probably on oversight that the Brewers didn't consult with you first, the idiots. I'm sure they saw in the young Toro what the M's saw, the potential of a very good player that can play all over the field and while in the minors a very good hitter that hasn't quite panned out in the big leagues, as of yet. While Wong isnt in the upper echelons of players, he's better than what we currently have and though he probably won't be the catalyst that springs us to the world series he could be a solid piece that the M's don't have to worry about. M's will just have to find another way to the WS. Besides, who says he's the finale word at 2nd base anyway.
Toro SUCKS or did you not watch his .180 across 300 plate appearances? Oh I forgot, you are a "rah-rah sis boom bah" cheerleader who thinks every single player the M's acquire is great. When clearly that CANT be the case because not only are they the ONLY organization to not have won a World Series, they haven't been to one either. Every single ownership group of the M's has loved guys like you. You expect nothing and are easily fooled. I bet you think that scrub Winker is a good player too, even though he proved in 2022 on a daily basis he wasn't. Keep drinking the M's "next year" Kool-Aid as other teams including Houston continue to play in the WS while the M's don't.