KNBR-AM interview of Jed York ..... somebody tackle this guy

rlkats

Reaction score
My niners front office is a mess. Im a fan of the team and storied franchise. This team has no reflection of the past.

1. Not in San Fran.
2. Does not run anything remotely close to a WC Offense
3. No pride in the fans or what the fans give
4 ticket prices are way to extreme Jed has made this team his personal rich boy toy.

How much more should i take. Im a fan and always will be but i dont have to support this full of shit regime

TXHawk

Reaction score
If the 49ers fall on their face over the next couple of years Jed York is going to look like a fool. And that's a real possibility since they have a lot of personnel issues to deal with. Their 2012 draft was a disaster; they've got a lot of aging vets like Gore, Boldin, Justin Smith, and Davis who are on the decline or close to retirement; Aldon Smith is one more arrest away from being cut or indefinitely suspended; no one knows how strong Bowman will come back from his injury; Crabtree is proving to be mediocre just like Sherman said; the offensive line play has deteriorated; and, most of all, their highly paid quarterback of the future has seriously regressed this season.

If the Cardinals and Rams can find competent quarterbacks the Niners could easily end up in the cellar next year. If that happens then York is going to reach Daniel Snyder levels of popularity in SF.

NINEster

Reaction score
rlkats":4ft9tsck said:
My niners front office is a mess. Im a fan of the team and storied franchise. This team has no reflection of the past.

1. Not in San Fran.
4 ticket prices are way to extreme Jed has made this team his personal rich boy toy.

How much more should i take. Im a fan and always will be but i dont have to support this full of shit regime

Agree completely. We will always have unconditional love for the Niners but doesn't mean we still can't be pissed off at a few pieces of it!

I'm also annoyed at having a stadium in Santa Clara where the sole focus is to be in a technological mecca, great WIFI, etc.......who gives a f***?? All that would be missing is for York to say that the WIFI is 30% faster than Century Link.

I'm starting to look over Eddie D in another light too -- could he just have been extremely lucky to have found Walsh who drafted Montana and traded for Young?

Of course, he should get credit for that too, but what would have happened if he didn't?

Reason I bring this up was that Eddie was quite the powder keg himself, who made up for it by throwing tons of money towards the team and being a "players owner" as he had legitimate relationships with his dynasty players to this day. As such he wore out the great Bill Walsh who retired immediately after winning his 3rd Super Bowl (him crying in response to the question of it being his last game says it all). And he got rid of Seifert too for failing to not getting over the Packers, and never thought to blame Carmen Policy for failing to provide Steve Young with a real RB after Ricky Watters left?? (Steve Young is the 49ers leading rusher for the entire 1990s -- true story)

You can appreciate the passion for a team but too explosive and too big an ego....like Tony Soprano running a football team. Of course Eddie and Jed have that explosive Sicilian blood in them, so not too unusual I guess (I'm half Sicilian, I can say such things :mrgreen: )

Debartolo was a good owner overall for the 49ers, better than the Yorks......but this template of SB or bust is ludicrous from the ownership spot and has filtered onto the fanbase.

If Jed is really trying to model his uncle, that model of success has probably passed on. After all Eddie didn't have to contend with free agency and salary caps until his last Lombardi.

BTW, I said all of this without clicking the interview link yet.......lol.....I can just sense from the comments here and the webzone how bad it will be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":27721csu said:

1. Not in San Fran.

Now you know what it feels to be a Seattle Mariners fan this past 10 years. Your last line is the way I felt about our baseball team. I used to go to 20+ games a year. Last year I went to one, and only because my nephews LL team was being honored pregame on the field for making it to the LL World Series. Thats the only ticket I bought in 5 years to see them play because I hated the ownership/FO. I feel bad for the cool niner fans like yourself Kats, but not for the trolls.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Statements by Jed: It was a mutual decision to part ways. There were philosophical differences. The organization wants to not just win, but win with class. The Niners didn't win with class this year.

So my takeaway from this is York blames Harbaugh for the team's off-field issues and that's why he wanted him gone, Harbaugh disagreed that he was responsible for the problems, they both agreed that they can no longer work together, but neither wants to say so publicly.

The biggest disconnect is York says the fans & media should hold him accountable but he doesn't want to give any information or insight on his decision making processes, leaving the fans & media no choice but to speculate on what's happening. If York really wants accountability he needs to be at least a little more transparent. Until he does that, nobody is going to take him at his word.

Marvin49

Reaction score
-The Glove-":sugz3psr said:
Per usual...Melvin is the only one making excuses for his team

Who's making excuses? I'm pissed that Harbaughs gone. I'm just trying to make sense of it and don't happen to think Jed is a bumbling idiot.

Time will tell if his decision is the right one but all that matters is what happens next.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeatownJay":301i3dw1 said:
Statements by Jed: It was a mutual decision to part ways. There were philosophical differences. The organization wants to not just win, but win with class. The Niners didn't win with class this year.

So my takeaway from this is York blames Harbaugh for the team's off-field issues and that's why he wanted him gone, Harbaugh disagreed that he was responsible for the problems, they both agreed that they can no longer work together, but neither wants to say so publicly.

The biggest disconnect is York says the fans & media should hold him accountable but he doesn't want to give any information or insight on his decision making processes, leaving the fans & media no choice but to speculate on what's happening. If York really wants accountability he needs to be at least a little more transparent. Until he does that, nobody is going to take him at his word.

Totally agree on the off the field thing. Also think York thought that players (Kaepernick in particular) weren't progressing as they should and is the genesis behind Yorks "I want a teacher" line.

He also doesn't want to come out and say those were the reasons so you end up in this weird loop where there's no way out. Murph jumped all over it rightly and there really isn't anywhere for him to go.

I think the only way to have avoided this mess (post-Harbaugh anyway) was to not give any interviews, but then there would be questions about why he WASNT in front of the media.

He's going up there with the ability to say very little and taking his lumps. He knows it's going to happen and he'll be criticized, but he's doing it anyway. Say what you want about how it should never have come to this (and Harbaugh has a considerable piece of the ownership of this mess as well), but I give Jed credit for going on the air taking those lumps when he knew it was coming.

We likely will never know what really happened unless a book is written.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":25cz7jzx said:
Marvin49":25cz7jzx said:
-The Glove-":25cz7jzx said:
Per usual...Melvin is the only one making excuses for his team

Who's making excuses? I'm pissed that Harbaughs gone. I'm just trying to make sense of it and don't happen to think Jed is a bumbling idiot.

Time will tell if his decision is the right one but all that matters is what happens next.

Surely you can't feel too good going into 2015? A bunch of aging stars, a disappointing quarterback, massive coaching question marks, an offense that can't score, and the three other teams in your division are better than yours. Cardinals will be a lot better next year, as will the Rams. Seahawks are set up to win for at least a few more years now. Outlook isn't great for the niners, Marvin.

I can't really answer that till I know who the coach is, but safe to say while I'm hopeful I'm not exactly looking at 2015 as a Super Bowl or Bust year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The "winning with class" remark was not "taking his lumps". It was a totally unprovoked, obnoxious remark.

He didn't "say nothing". He said plenty. Most of it totally out of touch.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Marvin do you think the anything other than a SB stand is going to play well with people choosing whether or not to leave a stable gig. There are teams out there with more attractive options out there ownership and front office wise. Personnel wise you have a good team but for how long? If it came down to say the Falcons or SC most I think go Falcons. The media crap storm that was allowed to rage out of SC may bite em in the butt during the coach search.

the ditch

Reaction score
The winning with class comment was a clear dig at Harbaugh and a classless thing to say. 3 NFC Championship games, 1 Superbowl almost won and they were extremely unlucky not to go to 1 more Superbowl. 44-19-1 regular season record. That is insane, think of the team and how they were playing when Harbaugh inherited it.

So it`s not the winning it`s that he doesn`t think Harbaugh has any "class" however Jed defines it. I guess it takes one to know one.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Jed is an idiot with unrealistic expectations. Bill Walsh had a mistress and cheated on his wife. How is that for winning with class?

Maulbert

Reaction score
I felt the winning with class remark was a shot at Harbaugh. It was an immature, backhanded comment, something a man in Jed York's position should be above, but has proven again that he is not. The media asks questions to fill in blanks, and the 'mutual decision' response was leaving a gaping vacuum that was completely filled by his winning with class remark, and people couldn't help but link it to Harbaugh's departure.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Maulbert":1u308p57 said:
I felt the winning with class remark was a shot at Harbaugh. It was an immature, backhanded comment, something a man in Jed York's position should be above, but has proven again that he is not. The media asks questions to fill in blanks, and the 'mutual decision' response was leaving a gaping vacuum that was completely filled by his winning with class remark, and people couldn't help but link it to Harbaugh's departure.

I think it was, too. Let's see if he can replace Harbaugh with a perennial super bowl winner that conducts himself with complete class and is as great a teacher as Bill Walsh...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jed York was born on third and thinks he got a triple.

chris98251

Reaction score
RationalNiner":474je2b0 said:
Maulbert":474je2b0 said:

I think it was, too. Let's see if he can replace Harbaugh with a perennial super bowl winner that conducts himself with complete class and is as great a teacher as Bill Walsh...

So where is this messiah going to come from? Belechik I think is still under contract, whoops, he said win with class so he's out, ummm McCarthy, whoops he's got a good gig in GB so I think it would be easy to dismiss him from contention as well, that leaves Peyton Manning left and he's still playing, unless you hire him as a player / coach. Although he only has won one. There is Coughlin in NY as well, but I think there would be a class issue there along with your love for the Giants.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
chris98251":2zejlmfj said:
RationalNiner":2zejlmfj said:
Maulbert":2zejlmfj said:

So where is this messiah going to come from? Belechik I think is still under contract, whoops, he said win with class so he's out, ummm McCarthy, whoops he's got a good gig in GB so I think it would be easy to dismiss him from contention as well, that leaves Peyton Manning left and he's still playing, unless you hire him as a player / coach. Although he only has won one. There is Coughlin in NY as well, but I think there would be a class issue there along with your love for the Giants.

Exactly. We are all saying that. Most niner fans are pissed and Marvin is one of the few defending York.

45Hawker

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ujgvcuc said:
I think the only way to have avoided this mess (post-Harbaugh anyway) was to not give any interviews, but then there would be questions about why he WASNT in front of the media.
All Jed York had to do was ask Harbaugh to agree on some talking points for the press - and for both to stick to those points.

"I respect Jim. He did an amazing job here. But we had some different ideas on the direction of the team, so we decided to go our separate ways."

They could have come up with something like the above, 10 different ways, that vaguely answers the questions and let's them both save face.

It appears this didn't happen because: a) Jed York is really inexperienced, or b) Harbaugh wouldn't agree to any coordinated messaging with Jed York. I wonder why...

Latest posts