KJ Wright ranking our legendary D on NFL Network

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This video will play on YouTube if you click the link.
I totally agree with his #1 ranked teammate. It’s why I wear his jersey all the time.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Kam was the man. I think his massive hits took some of the attention away from his spectacular skills in other areas. If he had stayed healthy for another year or two he would be a sure fire HoF.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
That was a fun segment. I'm sure Sherm got butt hurt. I mean, it's not all about him and all.......
This comment goes 100% directly against what KJ said about the reactions of their placement on the list, & he knows them, so I'm fairly confident in saying this narrative, that has been created on this board, is wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
hahahahaha. Don't care. He loves him some him. Loved him on the field, he's full of himself. Sorry if my opinion bothers you so much.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
hahahahaha. Don't care. He loves him some him. Loved him on the field, he's full of himself. Sorry if my opinion bothers you so much.
Your opinion doesn't bother me at all because Sherm is probably a little self centered & it has served him well, but KJ said in the video his reaction would be the exact opposite of what you said so I don't get how you could be so "sure".

He said Bobby's reaction would be exactly what you said about Sherm & nobody is clamoring to say it's because Bobby is all about himself. It's a healthy competitive thing.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sherman used to p*ss me off with all his brag & bluster, BUT, I came to respecting the guy because once he started shooting his mouth off, he backed it all up with his outstanding play.
There was Never any doubt that Chancellor was the leading Alpha of that entire Defense, and I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd that Sherman would be the First to agree with KJ on that list that he put up.

chris98251

Reaction score
That is KJ's take from his perspective as a player, Ask Bobby his top 5, then Sherm, the names of the top 10 will come up, some of these guys and then others like Browner, Avril, Bryant etc. it kind of depends on where you played and who you read as well.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Sherman used to p*ss me off with all his brag & bluster, BUT, I came to respecting the guy because once he started shooting his mouth off, he backed it all up with his outstanding play.
There was Never any doubt that Chancellor was the leading Alpha of that entire Defense, and I'll bet a dollar to a dog turd that Sherman would be the First to agree with KJ on that list that he put up.
I have a feeling 'Spoon will be a whole lot like that. And. I. Can. NOT. WAIT!

keasley45

Reaction score
Ranking these guys is almost impossible because they played so well as a unit. Agree that Kam was top dog and the heartbeat of the group. In hindsight now almost 10 years on, you have to elevate Bobby too for his longevity and sustained excellence. But at the time, for the unit as a whole... its a case of 1a, b, c, d, etc , at least for me.

What it a treat it was to be around to watch those guys play. I remember vividly watching a game with a Commanders friend of mine. We were in our typical 3 and out mode in the first fall of the game and he remarked that it must be hard to watch a game where we were so completely ineffective on offense. I told him ' he'll no', that the REAL excitement came when our D was on the field. And it was true. Outside of the Ray Lewis led Ravens teams, I'd never experienced football that way - where you were more on the edge of your seat when the D took the field than when the offense was doing its thing. It was truly as if we had 2 offenses. One that pushed the ball and could only score and one that took the ball away, could score in its own righy, and destroyed the opposing teams will to play.

Truly truly glorious times.

And to hear how tight that group still is, ( M Bennet was just on with M Bumpus talking about it) Beatsmode and ADB included...its just validation how special it all really was. Those players are in a fraternity whose bond itself is deserving of its own HOF recognition... up there with the undefeated Dolphins players and the Steel Curtain guys.

samwize77

Reaction score
I remember alot about the LOB (the WHOLE D) and what sticks out for me as far as individuals, is the D was just not as good when BWags was out. When each player was out, the D suffered, but when Bobby was out, there was ALWAYS a significant drop off.
YMMV

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
This video will play on YouTube if you click the link.
I totally agree with his #1 ranked teammate. It’s why I wear his jersey all the time.

I remember going to retail stores looking for a Kam SB jersey right after the win. There was another person there also wanting one - I overheard him asking they had any in the back.

I did pick up a No. 25 - my other favorite player which I still wear.

I'm still kicking myself for not going online.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
The unsung truth, Bam Bam is the man. KJ gave us the real top 5 vs the pc top 5 and the statistic top 5. It should always be the players that decide ranking.

GemCity

Reaction score
Kam….can’t see him not being in my Top 3 Hawks of all time…