KJ Wright: No To Jalen Carter, Yes To Anthony Richardson

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Richardson had a 53% completion rate last year. He’s such a project that in no way would warrant a first round pick. He’s athletic but he can’t throw the ball. Would rather draft one in the second or third. Need way too much help on D to use that pick on Richardson. Will regret that 100%.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If AR stayed in school, he would likely be the #1 pick in a year or two assuming he improves, and there's no reason to think he wouldn't. It's a risky pick, sure, but all qb picks are.

GemCity

Reaction score
Huge risk at 5. We obviously need defense but AR is one of those 50% dudes where 2-3 years later he’s killing it and people are like “Of course. How could they pass up on him”?

The other 50% is becoming one of the worst Top 5 picks…ever.

I honestly won’t be mad if they take Anderson (my preference), Carter or Richardson.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Richardson had a 53% completion rate last year. He’s such a project that in no way would warrant a first round pick. He’s athletic but he can’t throw the ball. Would rather draft one in the second or third. Need way too much help on D to use that pick on Richardson. Will regret that 100%.
Multiple legit draft analysts, a scout, and a former QB all say they feel better about the low comp% after watching all his game film. He had terrible receivers, a lot of drops, bad play calling ect, but still needs to work on being consistently more accurate and better ball control.

He's the boom or bust of this class like Allen and Mahomes were.

Last edited:

Blazin Hawk

Reaction score
If John and Pete are sold on Richardson, then great. I’m in.

But if they’re not sold, I really hope they trade the pick to a team for their 1st rounder next year and their 2nd rounder this year (+ more if possible) to position themselves for Drake Maye or Caleb Williams. I think Maye is going to be special.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If they were sold on Anthony Richardson they wouldn't re-sign Geno.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Jalen Carter's "work ethic" problems are an absolute media fallacy. Scouts aren't saying shit about his work ethic.

Here's an article from earlier this year. Bad work ethic my ass.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Geno is basically on a one year contract. So his contract is not the Seahawks preventing them from drafting a QB in the 1st round.
What's preventing them from drafting a QB is the lack of talent. Richardson should be a late round flyer for a team, not a top 5 pick.